Patrick Kane subject of police investigation II [READ MOD OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sources-patrick-kane-target-of-rape-investigation-20150806

Patrick Kane, the Chicago Blackhawks star who grew up in South Buffalo, is the target of a rape investigation by Hamburg police for an incident that occurred over the last weekend, two law enforcement sources have told The Buffalo News.

A local woman has accused Kane of a sexual assault, the sources said.

The law enforcement sources said the woman went to a hospital and tests using a rape kit were performed.

Everyone who posts in this thread should be aware of the Site Rule regarding Libel:

13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Posts that are deemed to be a violation of this Site Rule may result in infractions/warnings being issued.

Continue here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
It is rape to have sex with someone who is incapable of consenting be it from age, drunkeness, being high, being unconscious, etc. What the person "wants" is irrelevant.

The perpetrator has the responsibility to ensure they the person they are having sex with is capable of consenting under the law.

In some jurisdictions, the barrier to consent is extremely low, perhaps unfairly so. But that isn't some kind of double standard in regards to drunk driving and rape.

Now it ties back to the whole drinking and driving thing. You will always be held responsible for no matter how intoxicated you are because you made those choices. Why are you not held responsible for a drunken consent? Is it ever possible to consent to sex while drunk then?

All we are arguing is that it is a big grey area.

Arselona

Nov 9, 2007
Let's hope Kane and the woman do the right thing and tell the truth whatever that may be, and regardless of protection against self-incrimination.

Very seldom do people confess in these kind of cases. Sometimes because they are innocent, sometimes because they don't remember, usually because they only think of themselves.

Pipe dream, but an act one could respect, regardless of what might have happened on that actual night.

FishMonger

May 4, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Did a quick read on the "Twinkie Defense." My knowledge on the subject was clearly more limited than I thought.

Seems that case is as understood as the McDonald's hot coffee case.

But I digress. With the limited information in the Kane case, all I can say at this point is: I hope justice is served.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
I don't buy that Kane would put his well-decorated career at risk to take advantage of someone, regardless of his reputation of getting rowdy while drunk. He could easily get some action from willing participants anywhere he goes. This just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I just don't buy that Kane would put his well-decorated career at risk to take advantage of someone, regardless of his reputation of getting rowdy while drunk. He could easily get some action from willing participants anywhere he goes. This just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Bill Cosby...

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Now it ties back to the whole drinking and driving thing. You will always be held responsible for no matter how intoxicated you are because you made those choices. Why are you not held responsible for a drunken consent? Is it ever possible to consent to sex while drunk then?

All we are arguing is that it is a big grey area.

Consenting to sex isn't a crime. The law has nothing to hold you responsible for.

However, having sex with someone incapable of providing consent is a crime and the law holds a person responsible for it.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I just don't buy that Kane would put his well-decorated career at risk to take advantage of someone, regardless of his reputation of getting rowdy while drunk. He could easily get some action from willing participants anywhere he goes. This just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Yeah because no rich celebrity would do anything like this. Just ask Bill Cosby or Jiam Ghamessi (sp?), or countless others.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I don't buy that Kane would put his well-decorated career at risk to take advantage of someone, regardless of his reputation of getting rowdy while drunk. He could easily get some action from willing participants anywhere he goes. This just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Horrible defense

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

People who sexually assault don't do it because they can't find "willing participants" to sleep with.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
In some alternate universe, the Flyers picked first in 2007, won two Cups, and lost a third of their roster to federal prison.

satbank

Jan 11, 2014

Uh...If you're in a position of power and feel that you can get away with anything, why would it matter what you do.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

When are people gonna realize that this doesn't matter?

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Consenting to sex isn't a crime. The law has nothing to hold you responsible for.

However, having sex with someone incapable of providing consent is a crime and the law holds a person responsible for it.

It's not about consent. Too many here seem to get hung up on that particular word. It's about being able to make decisions. If you are legally considered to be able to make a decision not to drive drunk. Why are you subject to a criminal prosecution with someone who made a decision to sleep with you while that person was drunk?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Try to stick to discussing the few facts we have available to us. Posting "here's what I think happened..." and "I don't want to assume but he/she probably..." is useless speculation and will lead to your post being deleted.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

People who sexually assault don't do it because they can't find "willing participants" to sleep with.

I mean, its basically circular logic here, but generally the reason people become sexually aggressive is precisely because the other person is not willing.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
As a purely philosophical standpoint and without any real evidence here I want to pose a question.

I understand that under the influence of alcohol or drugs you can not legally give consent and that the perpetrator is at fault for any allegations therein. However, if both parties are drunk, why is the perpetrator the male, especially if the whole purpose of not being able to give consent is that you were not in the right mind to make sound judgments. Wouldn't that mean you may not be in a sound mind to say it was rape? What if Kane made it to the office first and claimed this way rape because he was intoxicated?

Kane DRUNK Girl DRUNK
Kane + Girl
Kane is the rapist immediately. Is there a special thing that males have to sign with their draft card that says they give up all rights to being a victim when they get drunk, but women get all rights to BE the victim when they get drunk?

Hypothetical.

And FYI, I don't hate women. I don't like rape. I just am so very confused on the ruling of a law that favors one gender so extremely over another to the point where one gender is literally supposed to claim incompetency while the other HAS to claim responsibility.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
In some alternate universe, the Flyers picked first in 2007, won two Cups, and lost a third of their roster to federal prison.

I never even thought of the ramifications of that lottery draft was losing out on a Kane, Richards and Carter party team...What could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad