Value of: Patrick Kane at the trade deadline

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
why would the NYI do this in a salary cap world?

Clutterbuck and Leddy together add up to nearly Kane. We have Toews (our Toews) ready to come up to the lineup on defense and Dobson probably on the way next year. A glaring need for us is someone besides Barzal to drive offense and Kane can do that paired with Bailey and Nelson or Eberle and Nelson. Kane also takes a lot of pressure off Barzal as you now have to choose whether Barzal's line or Kane's gets the top defense pairing and top defensive center matchup. Eberle likely comes off the books next year, freeing up another $6 million and Bellows should be ready to try to fill the Top 6 spot, along with Ho-Sang.

This trade would also allow Beauvillier to be a 3rd line center where he could thrive.

Many isles posters want to pursue Panarin as a UFA so why not fill it now? It's the same type of player, albeit younger. I don't see Kane falling off for a number of years to come since he is such a unique player and so difficult to control by a defense.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
The OP not knowing Kane didn't commit or have any part in a sexual assault is humoring. The girl lied, her mom tried to plant evidence and got caught. So it doesn't really matter if a team had accepted a sexual assaulter or not. SMH

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
The OP not knowing Kane didn't commit or have any part in a sexual assault is humoring. The girl lied, her mom tried to plant evidence and got caught. So it doesn't really matter if a team had accepted a sexual assaulter or not. SMH
Anyone who doesn’t know this already doesn’t want to know it. It’s not even worth defending when it comes up.

Chicago retains 1.5 to 1.8 (Kane at 8.7 is silly) and takes the 2nd offer. ... Toronto instantly becomes cup favorites.
Aren’t they already?

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Hang in there Hawks fans - you have a legit shot at Jack Hughes. Put Kane on his wing and start winning cups again.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
I Think both of those offers are way too much for Kane.. Chicago would snap called.
Works for me. Giving up a late 1st is not the end of the world. Kylington helps the loss of Valimaki. Lindholm is tough to let go but his replacement is Kane and I think Frolik will be moved this offseason anyhow. Gaudreau+Kane=Unstoppable.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Gaudreau+Kane=Unstoppable.
Certainly something I would not mind seeing. Even if they will be wearing the wrong jersey.

Clutterbuck and Leddy together add up to nearly Kane. We have Toews (our Toews) ready to come up to the lineup on defense and Dobson probably on the way next year. A glaring need for us is someone besides Barzal to drive offense and Kane can do that paired with Bailey and Nelson or Eberle and Nelson. Kane also takes a lot of pressure off Barzal as you now have to choose whether Barzal's line or Kane's gets the top defense pairing and top defensive center matchup. Eberle likely comes off the books next year, freeing up another $6 million and Bellows should be ready to try to fill the Top 6 spot, along with Ho-Sang.

This trade would also allow Beauvillier to be a 3rd line center where he could thrive.

Many isles posters want to pursue Panarin as a UFA so why not fill it now? It's the same type of player, albeit younger. I don't see Kane falling off for a number of years to come since he is such a unique player and so difficult to control by a defense.
I think the bigger problem with the Isles proposal is that there's not enough value for the Hawks. Salary you can shed, but why do the Hawks do this again?

"Know" is a loaded word. I KNOW Kane didn't do it... as much as a sane person can know something he doesn't really have first hand knowledge of. But for some, it's not enough. The only people who REALLY KNOW what happened are Pat and XXXX. In other words: you can't reason with crazy.

Buffalo offers Reinhart, Okposo, Nylander & 1st 2020 for Kane.
Good value. I love Reinhart. Nylander is the type of redemption project Stan Bowman loves. The Hawks do need a 1st, even if it's probably not a high one (it's weird, but the Sabres are actually good nowadays). Kane would not reject a trade to the Sabres: a definite plus, and I could see that as a favour Stan would do to him for all the Cups he won with Chicago.

Holy ****, easy deal from NSH
Shipping money out is a good problem if we have Kane
Also good value. I like it. But we may have an extra hurdle because it's a division rival. The best scenario is that Bowman trades Kane to Nashville for a good value package like this, and then Kane comes back to haunt Chicago 8 times a year, causing Bowman to get fired. Signifying the new age of Blackhawks hockey, and it would include Fiala, Tolvanen and whoever gets picked with that draft choice.

I'd start with nylander+1st+sandin; if there is retention, 2 1sts; nylander, Sandin, and grundstrom.
I am in. Both seem fair. Hawks can eat up salary, so rather the second option!

EDIT: removed name

Reactions: dk2k

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad