Value of: Patrick Kane at the trade deadline

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
McAvoy is really good obv but the Hawks already have 3 top 4 defenseman in Boqvist, Jokiharju and Ian Mitchell coming as soon as next year...Hawks don't need D, they need top 6 forwards..so why trade your best one and one of the best in the league...

Fair enough. I honestly didn't put those three at the same calibre as McAvoy but Blackhawks fans know their elite prospects better than I.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
That's not a bad offer, and I can see why Backes would make sense cap-wise... but damn, seeing him wear the Indian Head would not make me happy. He has fought Toews more than once, too. That'd be so weird. McAvoy is a good piece and value is fair.

Yeah it would have to be massive like that from the Bruins to make Kane a Bruin in my mind.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Value Trade
Boeser for Kane

Probable trade
Q. Hughes
Gaudette
1st 2020

Quantity
trade

Michael Dipietro (future starter)
Kole Lind (top 9)
Goldobin (2nd line)
Olli Juolevi (top 4)
Sam Gagne
2nd 2019

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Well since we love trading between each other so much, I'm sure we could do something like Chychrun + 1st (top 5 protected) + 2nd or something, not that it would ever happen, but god that would be hilarious. I don't think we really have the pieces to get it done without Keller, who won't get traded, and with the fact that we probably won't contend for a cup in 4 years, but it would be hilarious.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Kane isn't getting traded, especially not now. Bowman has been stockpiling some prospects for an on the fly rebuild/retool. He's got high-end young D prospects like Jokiharju, Boqvist, Mitchell, and Beaudin to be our blue line of the future. Now he needs to acquire a high-end young forward (our 1st pick this year), maybe another top 6 player (Panarin or some other free agent most likely), some depth (combination of prospect development and signings), and a goaltender of the future (Maybe a trade or draft pick? Unless they think one of their guys they have could be something special, but I doubt it.)
He lives in Buffalo in the off season.
It's not that Kane wouldn't go to Buffalo, it's that Buffalo wouldn't have him, given the past off ice issues.
Not since 2015. He's spent the past few years in Chicago training with guys like Hinostroza and Hartman, and spent most of last summer in Tampa with his skills coach.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Kane is still a PPG player with crap linemates. Legit linemates and he's easily a 90+ pt player and worth every dollar of his cap hit especially for a playoff team where he's as good as they come postseason. It's a haul either way, even at full cap hit

People offering "something around eberle+" are out to lunch. GMs foam at the mouth to get a guy like Kane who probably hangs them up as the best US born forward of all time

Kane helped Chicago win the last two cups with centers with bald tires and within a year of retirement (handzus/Richards)

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
I Think both of those offers are way too much for Kane.. Chicago would snap called.

Wasn't too long ago Kane was considered a top 5 player in the league. Put him on the jets and maybe he gets back to prime form

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
There’s also the up coming expansion draft to factor into this, both for Chicago and the other team.
Players will need to be protected and exposed.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Kane isn't getting traded, especially not now. Bowman has been stockpiling some prospects for an on the fly rebuild/retool. He's got high-end young D prospects like Jokiharju, Boqvist, Mitchell, and Beaudin to be our blue line of the future. Now he needs to acquire a high-end young forward (our 1st pick this year), maybe another top 6 player (Panarin or some other free agent most likely), some depth (combination of prospect development and signings), and a goaltender of the future (Maybe a trade or draft pick? Unless they think one of their guys they have could be something special, but I doubt it.)

Not since 2015. He's spent the past few years in Chicago training with guys like Hinostroza and Hartman, and spent most of last summer in Tampa with his skills coach.
H e owns a 20 million dollar house here, he was seen here every summer since 2015. While he may be training in off season in Chicago in most recent years, he definitely does own the house, and has been there, even only for a week or 2.

To say he's a Chicago lad now is disingenuous. Once a Western New Yorker, always a Western New Yorker. It really is a special place.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If I’m Chicago I tank out this year, move Saad for some close to NHL ready ELCs, bring Panarin back with the Saad money and grab their high lottery pick. They HAVE to try to make another run with the core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad