Patrick Eaves vs. Chris Higgins

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Didn't Eaves slip in the draft due to concussion problems....I hate to say it but I think this kid is going to have injury problems in the future based on the way he plays.

But I do like his style, just don't know if he has the body for it.

(didn't read the whole thread :shakehead so I'm sorry if this is being repeated)

Murphy*

Top Corner2 said:
Didn't Eaves slip in the draft due to concussion problems....I hate to say it but I think this kid is going to have injury problems in the future based on the way he plays.

But I do like his style, just don't know if he has the body for it.

(didn't read the whole thread :shakehead so I'm sorry if this is being repeated)

I believe he broke his neck.

habsfansam

Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere dark...?
Raging Bull said:
What the **** are you talking about? I didn't bring him up. Seeing as how Wellwood has already proven he can score at every single level, where as those players couldn't, how is it a fair comparison? Are you dense?

My, my... so quick to anger and use profanity? :sarcasm:

My reply was a mock of this wonderful comment you made on page 2:
"No one in their right mind would compare a former OHL scoring champion and someone who was fourth in AHL points last season to him right? Just wondering........." with a bit of Fuhr86's response tied in.

Perhaps I misunderstood your logic, but you seem to imply that performing well in the OHL/CHL and AHL (a la Simon Gamache) makes Wellwood automatically wonderboy or something...

As for my density, I'd say that it's close to that of water - considering that whether I'm a couch potato, OHL, AHL, or NHL superstar I'm composed almost 70% of water by weight. So, I'm probably just as dense as you are. Thanks for asking though, that was most kind of you.

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
habsfansam said:
Wasn't there something about a check from behind? I vaguely recall Eaves missing a whack of time but I'm not sure if it's for a broken neck or severe post-concussion syndrome.

I also thought it was sever post-concussion syndrome. It was caused when he went hard to the net and had a huge run in with the goalie if I remember correctly. I agree with the injury concerns. If this kid doesnt put some weight on, hes going to get murdered in this league.

Roy G Biv*

Murphy said:
I believe he broke his neck.

I think he broke a goalie's neck. Some thought it was a dirty play and he got TONS of flack for it.

Transported Upstater

AH said:
No way Man.

Wellwood >>> Higgins.

So, if Eaves = Higgins overall, then Wellwood >>> Eaves as well.

Thx for listening.

Did I miss something? Where did Kyle Wellwood come from?

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
habsfansam said:
Perhaps I misunderstood your logic, but you seem to imply that performing well in the OHL/CHL and AHL (a la Simon Gamache) makes Wellwood automatically wonderboy or something...

I never said it made him a "wonderboy", but it does show potential. The difference between all the busts you are mentioned (a la Simon Gamache) and Wellwood/Higgins is that they have already proved they can score at an NHL level, where as those guys couldn't. If scoring at the OHL/CHL level meant nothing at all, it wouldn't matter at all when it came to drafting prospects by your logic. Sidney Crosby's 160+ points last year in the Q must not mean anything and must not show any potential what-so-ever, right?

Sometimes it turns out juniors don't score at a professional level when they make the jump. Wow, Wellwood led all rookies in scoring his first year in the AHL, and was right up there with the league leaders in his second year. Alright, that still means nothing, but now this year he has made the jump to the NHL and is putting up numbers similar to his rookie years in both the OHL and AHL. Again, that means nothing at all?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad