Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
Oh good, we have loud "fans" that are turning against Bergeron now?

Bergy of all people?

Christ.

The war cry of the Bruins... we need more mediocre players!

Bergeron for Nick Bonino and the 30th overall pick anyone? I hear he has heart.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Top 5; center in the league
Crosby
Stamkos
Tavares
Seguin
Malkin
Kopitar
Getzlaf
Mcdavid (yes eventhough he's still new to the nhl)

Only guy on this list I take over Bergeron is Crosby, Kopitar is probably his equal. I look at overall play, Bergeron is the best 2 way player in the world, that's why the Hockey News recently had him as the 14th best player in the world.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Only guy on this list I take over Bergeron is Crosby, Kopitar is probably his equal. I look at overall play, Bergeron is the best 2 way player in the world, that's why the Hockey News recently had him as the 14th best player in the world.

Did you not see McDavid at the bottom of the list?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Kind of disappointing so many people are starting the "fanS (plural) are turning against Bergeron now".

All I've seen is one poster who joined last month, who could very well be a troll, bizarrely complaining about his "weak shot" and how he doesn't "dominate". Sounds more like a young fan who doesn't understand the difference between visual finesse and actual effectiveness as a hockey player.

Bergeron is as loved as ever.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Top 5; center in the league
Crosby
Stamkos
Tavares
Seguin
Malkin
Kopitar
Getzlaf
Mcdavid (yes eventhough he's still new to the nhl)

He's better than every guy on that list, except Crosby and McDavid (thinking future here). Mentioning Getzlaf is comical. Stammer, Tavares, Seguin and Malkin are better scorers but can't touch his 200' game. Kopitar is on par for the 200' game but a little overrated in my opinion.

You read too many stats, try watching the sport.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Did you not see McDavid at the bottom of the list?

I would take Bergeron right now (not counting age) over McDavid, sure McDavid is far superior offensively, but Bergy kills it defensively, on the dot, on the PK and is also good at producing offense. He is also a proven leader and winner something young Mr. McDavid has not proven to be yet.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Reminder:

1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not call other posters trolls. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. This is viewed as generalized flaming.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Bergeron is ICE COLD. With his slow statistical start, you can kiss his Selke chances this season goodbye.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Bergeron is ICE COLD. With his slow statistical start, you can kiss his Selke chances this season goodbye.

Seems like a really premature demise. Besides, last season showed the Bruins making the playoffs is the most important factor in the selke.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I still don't think Bergeron is a 100 percent healthy; bet he is playing at about 85 percent. imo

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin

Why do we need BS like that on our boards? How uneducated can you be?
Only 2 seasons ago Bergeron was on pace for like 38 season points after 30 or so games.
Scored 30 goals and won the Selke that year when it was all said and done.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Healthy or not, I'd still take Patrice over a majority of the centers in the league. Any day of the week.

End of story. He's not had a BAD year in recent memory. I don't know why anyone is complaining.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
He is battling something but maybe he is being asked to lay back more, help out the dee and let those 2 speed demons run wild. It seems to be working, Bergy's best attributes are not putting up pts but stopping them, so I am ok with it. Same role with Crosby/Marchand just hope he is healthy. He has a family now so he has to think long term, not much more he can win the hockey world, 7 titles is damm amazing. Stanley Cup, Spengler Cup, World Junior, World Cup, World Championships, Olympic Gold (2). I am not sure anyone else has done this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad