Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Oh, and here's an example of his awful shot.

Is this the best example of his howitzer you can find.
The unpredictable back hand close on in to the goalie. .
Do I really need to illustrate what a real Nhl shot looks like. ..

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
He's been a 30 goal scoring 2 of the last 3 years? I'm not sure exactly what you want out of him. He stops other teams top lines while scoring on them.

Since you asked . .. I'll answer again
I want him to dominate offensively just a little more often and Oh ...in the NHL ..
Again not asking him to be Ovie but just shine a little more often in the NHL especially, a personal wish of mine. ....vs the scabs

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Since you asked . .. I'll answer again
I want him to dominate offensively just a little more often and Oh ...in the NHL ..
Again not asking him to be Ovie but just shine a little more often in the NHL especially, a personal wish of mine. ....vs the scabs

dominate visually, or statistically? Because it sounds like you want him to dominate visually, which is an issue you will personally have to deal with.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
dominate visually, or statistically? Because it sounds like you want him to dominate visually, which is an issue you will personally have to deal with.

I mean taking charge for ex vs Mtl and winning us a game every once in a while. ..you will not see him do that very often so all those almighty intangibles almost never translate in a big win when we need it
Then still that's ok......hence
Complacency....

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
And Pia what do you mean ... one of the best in the league. .you mean he's ... elite? ?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Oh I see ..bergie its ok if you never dominate let's say a game vs our archrivals ...because you own the corsi stat...
Dont worry if down the stretch your nowhere to be found eventhough we
Fail to make the playoffs. ..cuz you own the corsi stat..
Look its clear the guy is your hockey messiah and although I consider him a good nhler he's certainly not my hockey messiah

Sorry but I'm not one for popularity contest. I guess since I'm not
You qualify that as ignorance.
Again hes a good player but definitely not the almighty some of you are making him out to be

Again, your confusing dominate with something you want to visually see. Just because you don't that's your own issue. Bergeron does dominate. Your hyperbole is quite nice. Popularity contest has nothing to do with it. Also, I like how you place the blame on one player. They missed the playoffs as a whole, not individuals.

And **** yes he is elite. Bergeron is a top 5 center in the NHL easily. If you don't want to call Bergeron an elite player, your evaluation skills on elite will need some work. You've brought no evidence to your defense besides personal feelings.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Top 5; center in the league
Crosby
Stamkos
Tavares
Seguin
Malkin
Kopitar
Getzlaf
Mcdavid (yes eventhough he's still new to the nhl)

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Top 5; center in the league
Crosby
Stamkos
Tavares
Seguin
Malkin
Kopitar
Getzlaf
Mcdavid (yes eventhough he's still new to the nhl)

Sounds like you just value points and goals as your points of interest in terms of skill.

Crosby
McDavid
Bergeron

Bergeron gets to match up against all those names when they play and ends up getting the better end of them.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
I came here to see if there is any news on an injury or something but its about Bergy now being average. Wish we had 20 average players like him, just give us the cup now, lol.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Really he ends up getting the better of them. ...how ? And he's not at the same talent level of these guys
Simple question: why is bergeron set out to try to stop them?. .. why aren't centers set out to stop bergeron.... why? ?? Because that's his game . His talent level isn't as high as those because if it were
There would be bergeron types trying to stop bergeron
Know the game ....

Provide 1 stat outside of points that shows all those other guys are better than Bergeron. Living in Tampa I would take Bergeron every day of the week over anyone on that team. The guy is so statistically dominant because he is so dominant. His focus isn't on purely scoring goals but ensuring the team puts more points on the board than the other when he is on the ice. Crosby and McDavid are the only people in the NHL that do it better than Bergeron.

Also I don't think we have a Bruin that has had more clutch points than Bergeron. Talking about elimination games.

I can't stand trying to push forward an Idea without any evidence at all to back it up but some conceptual idea (that no one else shares) of elite Bergeron isn't living up to.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Provide 1 stat outside of points that shows all those other guys are better than Bergeron. Living in Tampa I would take Bergeron every day of the week over anyone on that team. The guy is so statistically dominant because he is so dominant. His focus isn't on purely scoring goals but ensuring the team puts more points on the board than the other when he is on the ice. Crosby and McDavid are the only people in the NHL that do it better than Bergeron.

Also I don't think we have a Bruin that has had more clutch points than Bergeron. Talking about elimination games.

I can't stand trying to push forward an Idea without any evidence at all to back it up but some conceptual idea (that no one else shares) of elite Bergeron isn't living up to.

So you would take bergeron over stamkos??? If so sure glad you're Not scouting for the Bruins..

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Btw.."provide one stat outside of points" That's usually the hardest
Stat and the one nhlers get big bucks for. ..Bergeron doesn't have the talent to dominate offensively and this is why he must compensate in all other areas .

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
So you would take bergeron over stamkos??? If so sure glad you're Not scouting for the Bruins..

Every day and twice on sunday. When stamkos hits his 30'd and he's slown down even more. He isn't the 40 goal guy, but a 30/30, without much 2-way play, isn't a faceoff beast, cant kill penalties. and payed millions more? Yea ill take bergy. Now I'd take bergy, any advantage in points are negated by supreme utility elsewhere. As far as his shot its good enough for him to be the slot shooter on our dominant(last year) pp score 30 multiple times and be a shoe in for 25+ goals.

http://public.tableau.com/shared/9RGPKJ474?:display_count=yes

Go through this, change the years all over the place. Scoring totals are close, shot suppresion and possesion(what wins you games) is in favor of bergy by a longshot.

Look at FO stats, loose puck recovery hell there was an article about how bergy is the best defensive player in the league moreso than defenseman. When in matters most(Play offs) He shuts down the top lines crosby etc and outscores them.

Cant base it off montreal games where our whole team seemingly crumbles.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Every day and twice on sunday. When stamkos hits his 30'd and he's slown down even more. He isn't the 40 goal guy, but a 30/30, without much 2-way play, isn't a faceoff beast, cant kill penalties. and payed millions more? Yea ill take bergy. Now I'd take bergy, any advantage in points are negated by supreme utility elsewhere. As far as his shot its good enough for him to be the slot shooter on our dominant(last year) pp score 30 multiple times and be a shoe in for 25+ goals.

http://public.tableau.com/shared/9RGPKJ474?:display_count=yes

Go through this, change the years all over the place. Scoring totals are close, shot suppresion and possesion(what wins you games) is in favor of bergy by a longshot.

Look at FO stats, loose puck recovery hell there was an article about how bergy is the best defensive player in the league moreso than defenseman. When in matters most(Play offs) He shuts down the top lines crosby etc and outscores them.

Cant base it off montreal games where our whole team seemingly crumbles.

Let me begin...berg is no stamkos
Stamkos is a prodigy .
He can score in one season what
Berg scores in 2
Stamkos is a franchise player
Berg is not.
Berg is a limited player and because of those limitations he needs to excel in other zones .
You provided some stats .those stats wouldn't sell one nhl Gm and they surely don't sell me so much so that bergeron with all his fine attributes will never and was never a player sought after as Stamkos is.
This is why he makes money that Bergeron will never make.

Bergeron is a good nhl player with offensive shortcomings..If he was a unique offensive player you wouldn't hear as much as the other zones cuz his offensive prowess would take precedence. .

I sure would like to be able to get Stamkos and pay him Bergeron money. Heck Bergeron isn't even our first line center

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Stamkos is a prodigy .
Berg scores in 2
Berg is not.
Berg is a limited player and because of those limitations he needs to excel in other zones .
You provided some stats .those stats wouldn't sell one nhl Gm and they surely don't sell me so much so that bergeron with all his fine attributes will never and was never a player sought after as Stamkos is.

Bergeron is a good nhl player with offensive shortcomings..If he was a unique offensive player you wouldn't hear as much as the other zones cuz his offensive prowess would take precedence. .

I sure would like to be able to get Stamkos and pay him Bergeron money. Heck Bergeron isn't even our first line center

Lol. Good luck.............

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
"Cant base it off montreal games where our whole team seemingly crumbles."

Yea but according to you he is not like the whole team. .he is an amazing leader so ..show it ....bergie..
Show it when it counts and every game vs mtl...I t counts

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
This is all very confusing. Stamkos was a great goal scorer, and maybe he'll get back to 40+ per season.

Bergeron is a great player. This seems like a case of stat watching and fantasy talk. I believe every team in this league would LOVE Bergeron. They would love him at $8 per year also.

You're joking about the 1st line center thing, I hope.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Stamkos is a prodigy .
Berg scores in 2
Berg is not.

I don't think you realize Bergeron outscored Stamkos last year.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Stamkos is a prodigy .
Berg scores in 2
Berg is not.

This statement was full of generalizations, not facts or stats. Only thing stamkos has is age and is a better goal scorer. What offensive shortcomings? He had 68 pts last year. 18th in league scoring. Scoring is not the end all be all you make it to be, in fact all recent winners of the cup except for the penguins had a selke not art ross caliber 1st line center, bruins kings and hawks. Penguins had 2 elite offensive centers and did it.

He gives you a better chance to score due to his other zone play and keeping the puck moving out of the zone, where he can put up 60+ pts playing mostly defensive assignments against top competition while winning most faceoffs and center a 37 goal scorer while the right wing remains in mediocrity as well.

Give me stats or evidence that Stamkos is better than bergy, was it his top line placement at the world cup, wait that was bergy too.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
"Cant base it off montreal games where our whole team seemingly crumbles."

Yea but according to you he is not like the whole team. .he is an amazing leader so ..show it ....bergie..
Show it when it counts and every game vs mtl...I t counts

What does this rambling mean? He can be responsible for some intangibles and team play, but there are 11 other fowards and six defenseman and a goalie who dont all magically play better just because of bergy, and the coach as well. Its like blaming you beloved stamkos for not scoring his team to the cup regardless of the other players and other opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad