Rumor: Patrice Bergeron to sign one-year deal with Bruins

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Imagine not needing the reigning Selke winner.
Exactly. And he put up 65 points in 73 games, I mean that isn‘t tripe either.

You know, even though I'm a Canuck, I respect how Bergeron plays his game, so I would love to see him play more in the league.

"Inflating his personal stats". Every NHL player is increasing their statistics by playing in the season, so what's the problem?
Absolutely.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Not really a surprise,he will never put on any other uniform..

Remains to be seen. I think we'll get a hint of whether that's really the case based on structure of his contract.

With a heavily bonus-laden 1 year contract he could go anywhere for one more cup.

If bruins can't get healthy and they miss the playoffs I expect him to be traded.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
With Bergeron coming back for one year it makes sense to try and get Krecji back too. Then the team could cover better for not having Marchand for the first 30 games.

If they sign Krejci they’ll have 10 +30y forwards in the lineup with core guys outside of Pasta being 37, 36, 34.

How is that build for current fast NHL playoff hockey?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The reason we are in this situation is that Sweeney didn't trade guys like Bergeron, Marchand, Rask when it was clear that the Bruins were not contenders

When was that?

Boston made the PO the last 6 years, went to the final four twice (including a SCF) and 2nd round another two times.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm even amazed why all those possible retirement talks from him.
He is still good player and top 6 C.

He’s 37y this summer, look at the wear and tear on his body throughout the year and add his contract finished.

Getzlaf, Weber, Staal.
It wouldn’t have been completely shocking if he had decided to retire

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
No they're expected back early December. My guess is they'll miss less that 20 games to start the season

If it’s early December for both then they’ll miss 20+ games without question. Last season the whole NHL season started two weeks later than normal and the bruins barely played to start the year. They still played their 20th game by 12/2. 20/21 started in January but if we go back to previous years this is how many games were played by the first of december

19/20- 26 games by 12/1
18/19- 25 games by 12/1
17/18- 23 games by 12/1

So if it’s true they are out until early December, then assuming a regular NHL schedule they will likely miss close to 25-30 games.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Probably the best choice for him. Too bad, would've loved him on the Habs to mentor Wright and Suzuki next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad