Rumor: Patrice Bergeron to sign one-year deal with Bruins

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Pasta was applying pressure during the world championships but no word yet that I am aware of. The Bruins did fire Cassidy. Based on comments made during the season last year, Krejci was not a Cassidy fan. Cassidy being gone will hopefully sway his decision to return.
With Bergeron coming back for one year it makes sense to try and get Krecji back too. Then the team could cover better for not having Marchand for the first 30 games.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
50% of their Bruins forward signed contracts expire at the end of the year, they will have a ton of cap space.
Pastrnak rumors are just a bunch of bruins hate propaganda. Plus they're planning on moving 1 or 2 D's.

For this Bruins fan, I don’t feel great about David Pastrnak long term at 10 million +

Maybe he hasn’t missed a massive amount of games, but there’s been plenty in both the eye test and official reporting to know that he plays hurt frequently. Is his body really going to hold up in the coming years?

Don’t hate the player at all, and I know that calling the contract he is currently on a “bargain” would be an understatement, but he’s not on that Bergeron-esque level when it comes to long term commitment. At least for me.

Obviously figuring out what the other options are would take some thinking (and realistically, some time watching how this season plays out), but locking up Pasta long term at big money isn’t a slam dunk for me.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Are there rumours that David Krejci is coming back?

- Sweeney said he would talk to David's people and see what's there.

- Pasta posted a social media clip of him walking with Krejci and asking him if he's coming back to play in Boston; Krejci just smiles.

- Krejci apparently had some friction with Cassidy and now he's gone.

So, there's some smoke but no fire just yet.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I thought the Bruins were going to tank for Bedard?
That would require trading pretty much all of Pastrnak, Marchand and McAvoy.

A team with Bergeron, Marchand, Pasta, McAvoy, Hall, Swayman and Lindholm is definitely still in that second tier of contenders.

Still need to find a quality #2C somewhere though

What we need is young players and draft picks, not a nearly 40 year old looking to inflate his personal stats.
You mean a 60+pt #1c who’s hands down the best defensive forward in the NHL?

What a stupid comment.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Even though it would be weird af, I wish he signed 1 year with the Habs to show Suzuki and Wright how it's done. Fantastic player.

Oh and I admire players who manage to stay with the same team all of their career, even if it's the Bruins.
No way he would do that to Bruins. Would be a slap in the face to them and he's above all that.

What happens with Pasta? This is the final year of his deal. If they are in the playoff spot at the deadline, they aren't going to move him. Are they going to re-sign him? Is he going to want to re-sign there? Losing him for nothing would hardly help a potential rebuild.
Rumors are he dislikes the GM. Alot of smoke around him being peeved they let Krejci leave.

Thus, probably his last year in Boston.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
There are some really bad takes in this thread. Like almost all time bad. This is only good for Boston and has no opportunity cost.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That would require trading pretty much all of Pastrnak, Marchand and McAvoy.

A team with Bergeron, Marchand, Pasta, McAvoy, Hall, Swayman and Lindholm is definitely still in that second tier of contenders.

Still need to find a quality #2C somewhere though

You mean a 60+pt #1c who’s hands down the best defensive forward in the NHL?

What a stupid comment.

Aren't Marchand and McAvoy going to miss close to half the season?

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Would have made sense either way, but great that he's staying. I now expect the Bruins to be active and make some moves for one last run.

It's also not like he's washed up, he's still playing great. If the team is ok with making a couple moves to help hold them over while some of the injured guys recover, they're still a dangerous team with Bergeron back come playoff time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad