Rumor: Patrice Bergeron to sign one-year deal with Bruins

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Make it all signing bonus and flip him at the deadline for a haul at 50% retention.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
This „nearly 40 year old looking to inflate his personal stats“ has gone above and beyond the call of duty for this club for two decades, have a modicum of respect, for f***‘s sake.
Imagine not needing the reigning Selke winner.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

ReggiesLemons

Jul 4, 2013
As if it being Friday wasn't good enough. This is fantastic news!!!

What happens with Pasta? This is the final year of his deal. If they are in the playoff spot at the deadline, they aren't going to move him. Are they going to re-sign him? Is he going to want to re-sign there? Losing him for nothing would hardly help a potential rebuild.
Pasta will re-sign with the team. I feel all of the contract talk has been overblown. Sure the Bruins would look to trade him if he did not want to sign a long term deal (they would be foolish not to) but I don't see that happening.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
This „nearly 40 year old looking to inflate his personal stats“ has gone above and beyond the call of duty for this club for two decades, have a modicum of respect, for f***‘s sake.
You know, even though I'm a Canuck, I respect how Bergeron plays his game, so I would love to see him play more in the league.

"Inflating his personal stats". Every NHL player is increasing their statistics by playing in the season, so what's the problem?

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
What happens with Pasta? This is the final year of his deal. If they are in the playoff spot at the deadline, they aren't going to move him. Are they going to re-sign him? Is he going to want to re-sign there? Losing him for nothing would hardly help a potential rebuild.
50% of their Bruins forward signed contracts expire at the end of the year, they will have a ton of cap space.
Pastrnak rumors are just a bunch of bruins hate propaganda. Plus they're planning on moving 1 or 2 D's.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The reason we are in this situation is that Sweeney didn't trade guys like Bergeron, Marchand, Rask when it was clear that the Bruins were not contenders

And when do you think that should have been seeing as that core was in the final as recently as 2019, I know that feels like 8 lifetimes ago because shit changed fast but it's not

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
its clear Boston needs to rebuild.

Pasternik is not going to resign there and instead go to a better team.

you don’t trade him he plays and walks for nothing.

1. Spell the guys name right. It's Pastrnak

2. It's already been reported that Pastrnak/Bruins will talk extension as soon as they are allowed per the CBA (July).

Reactions: Skelen

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
actually it doesn’t.

now they woukd go to try and make the playoffs and then Pasternik walks. If he didn’t come back thry woukd be motivated to trade him.

could they still trade Pasternik?

Oh no, making the playoffs. The horror.

How about a scenario where pasta gets extended as rumoured? Insert mindblown.gif

Some of you whine about the dumbest things

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Oh and I admire players who manage to stay with the same team all of their career, even if it's the Bruins.
Yep. Certainly makes it an easier decision when your team is competitive throughout your career.

In his case, he became a UFA twice - once after winning the cup, and again after winning the President's trophy lol. Hard not to re-sign with a team like that.

ReggiesLemons

Jul 4, 2013
its clear Boston needs to rebuild.

Pasternik is not going to resign there and instead go to a better team.

you don’t trade him he plays and walks for nothing.
Type it with me P A S T R N A K.

Pastrnak will re-sign with the Bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad