Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Man...every time I look at people post in this thread, people who have been here a long time, I’m surprised by how many joined after Bergeron got here.

So few of us still here from that time period.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Man...every time I look at people post in this thread, people who have been here a long time, I’m surprised by how many joined after Bergeron got here.

So few of us still here from that time period.
I've only followed his career since 2013 :( That's why I wish there were more clips of his earlier years on YouTube.

It's a shame the old threads on these boards disappeared when we moved to this new format.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I've only followed his career since 2013 :( That's why I wish there were more clips of his earlier years on YouTube.

It's a shame the old threads on these boards disappeared when we moved to this new format.

It is a shame.

During the lockout one night NHL Network or something was playing the movie “Youngblood” and someone set up a Game Day Thread for the movie and we treated it as such....commenting on the movie like it was a game.
Lol.

So many old posters that have come and gone too.

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Watching this brings back so many memories.

The night Jones concussed him, my wife and I were celebrating our 10th anniversary at The Christmas Farm Inn, in Jackson NH. We watched the Sox win the WS that night and I recorded the Bruins and watched it Sunday when we got home. I avoided seeing the B’s score or hearing anything about the game and then saw it Sunday night,

I also remember being on here during Patrice’s first camp....a bunch of us....Neelynugs for sure, I think DKH among others who saw him live kept posting about how good he looked and as the camp progressed we were certain he’d stick, but so many here (Jefff From Maine, most prominent) told us we were crazy. he stuck and it’s been a lightning fast 15 years. My kids went from diapers to high school in a flash.
I suggest the lobster risotto at the Christmas Farm Inn. The Stonehust Manor in nearby North Conway is also excellent.

What happened to Jeff from Maine? Later............

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
In what regard?

In the show tonight he talked about meeting Ray and asking for an autographed jersey.
I dunno. I was half watching but I thought they were suggesting that Ray was like a mentor to him or something? Guess not.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I suggest the lobster risotto at the Christmas Farm Inn. The Stonehust Manor in nearby North Conway is also excellent.

What happened to Jeff from Maine? Later............

Lol,

Jeff just faded away, I think.
:sarcasm:

Never been to the stone dust.

We like Horsefeathers (touristy, I know) and the Black Cap Grill...I think that’s it.

It’s kind of new, I think.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I dunno. I was half watching but I thought they were suggesting that Ray was like a mentor to him or something? Guess not.

I think it was just that they’re linked by being from Quebec and then the autographed shirt angle.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Lol,

Jeff just faded away, I think.
:sarcasm:

Never been to the stone dust.

We like Horsefeathers (touristy, I know) and the Black Cap Grill...I think that’s it.

It’s kind of new, I think.
Major tourist traps but none is more so than "The Muddy Moose".

Reactions: sarge88

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
How/why is he suddenly somehow linked to Ray Bourque?

Is that a serious question?

Both French Canadians kids.
Both quiet and humble leaders. Lead by example. All class.
Both all around great players. Very few weakness.
Both 1 of 5 to play 1000 games with Bruins.
Bergeron 37 will hang in rafters next to Bourques, probably just before his HOF induction?

I can’t think of any Bruins leaders or players that are more similar.

Reactions: Alicat

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Is that a serious question?

Both French Canadians kids.
Both quiet and humble leaders. Lead by example. All class.
Both all around great players. Very few weakness.
Both 1 of 5 to play 1000 games with Bruins.
Bergeron 37 will hang in rafters next to Bourques, probably just before his HOF induction?

I can’t think of any Bruins leaders or players that are more similar.
I get the comparison thing. They were from different eras and never played together so I thought it seemed odd to link them together. As I said, I was only semi paying attention to it. I had tuned in hoping to see a 24 hour Charlie Moore marathon and was disappointed where there wasn't one.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
I get the comparison thing. They were from different eras and never played together so I thought it seemed odd to link them together. As I said, I was only semi paying attention to it. I had tuned in hoping to see a 24 hour Charlie Moore marathon and was disappointed where there wasn't one.

Interesting, so why aren’t you posting on the Charlie Moore boards?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It is a shame.

During the lockout one night NHL Network or something was playing the movie “Youngblood” and someone set up a Game Day Thread for the movie and we treated it as such....commenting on the movie like it was a game.
Lol.

So many old posters that have come and gone too.
I wish some would return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad