Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Interesting that several network analysts raved about his defensive abilities and smart play, but often said he never "put up enough offense" for people to notice.
upload_2019-2-11_13-58-6.png

Reactions: sarge88

False Start

May 8, 2018
Mentally I have decided we should stop wasting this guy (and Marchand's) prime and go all in for the next 1-3 years.

I would trade the future for a good shot at a cup run in the near term right now.

Reactions: sarge88

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Interesting that several network analysts raved about his defensive abilities and smart play, but often said he never "put up enough offense" for people to notice.
View attachment 185625

He's always been good offensively but over the past 2/3 years he's absolutely been elite. Easily one of the best players in the league in any aspect of the game... Except goaltending. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he was great at that too :naughty:

Reactions: Ladyfan

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
View attachment 185625

He's always been good offensively but over the past 2/3 years he's absolutely been elite. Easily one of the best players in the league in any aspect of the game... Except goaltending. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he was great at that too :naughty:

It's not a coincidence that his offensive numbers went way higher after Julien left. His defensive/ofensive zone starts made a 180º after the coaching change. Which also helps explain Marchand putting elite offensive numbers in the same period (that and finally seeing pp time).

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Like him or not but when a player like Scott Stevens tells you he would start a franchise with Bergeron that means alot. For anyone who wants to dismiss that sentiment watch Bergeron at 1000.
I know there are many players this can be said about but the overall package Bergy brings is hard to deny.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Random observations:

I'm glad the Bruins told his parents they'd do the right thing for him after his concussion. And this was in the days before concussions were such a huge news topic. I'm sure guys like Lindros wish their teams had reacted the same way.

You can tell he really appreciated Lapointe. It's funny because Bergeron was such a quiet, nice guy, and Lapointe still looks like he eats bullets for breakfast. :laugh: I would not want to meet him in a dark alley. Large Human Being.

Growing up in Quebec: "you had to try hockey, if you didn't like it, you were WEIRD, but it was fine" :laugh:

Shawn Thornton looks like an accountant now.

Nice evasion on the "do you know how good you are" question.

He's most proud of keeping up with Marchand and Pasta. :laugh:

I hope he sticks around as some sort of coach after he retires in another 15 years. :sarcasm:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I know, he's missed 16 games. But in a way that makes it even more impressive because he had to recover from a significant injury.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Mentally I have decided we should stop wasting this guy (and Marchand's) prime and go all in for the next 1-3 years.

I would trade the future for a good shot at a cup run in the near term right now.

Obviously I want Z to win another as well but I would love for Bergy to win one as Captain. Here's hoping we can set up for one in the next ~5 years or so. If we have a good chance I would also go all-in.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Agreed. I'd say they did that last year. Nash was the best guy out there. But lets take a crack for another two years. I'd just rather trade some of the NHL-ready prospects than 1st rounders but the only real untouchable for me is Vaakanainen.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Agreed. I'd say they did that last year. Nash was the best guy out there. But lets take a crack for another two years. I'd just rather trade some of the NHL-ready prospects than 1st rounders but the only real untouchable for me is Vaakanainen.

Yup agreed. Keep the few guys you really believe in, and don't hesitate to trade any of the other ones for quality pieces.

I'd trade Frederic, JFK, Bjork, picks, Grz, Heinen, etc etc. GO ALL IN.

Reactions: Dabruins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad