Post-Game Talk: Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
He shouldn't be in the line up because he looks much too hurt to be playing. I read that it was various bumps and bruises, but he looks like he's really feeling it out there. At least with Malone we know he'll be providing what McLeod should be, speed and physicality. Roy wants McLeod out there on the PK, fine, but do not play him more than 2-3 minutes even strength

For me, the much bigger problem is Cliche. He's playing WAY too much and providing very little. We are going to need some offensive help from that 3rd line at some point and he's just not cutting it at all, in my opinion. You can't really blame the guy, he's a career AHLer who's barely adequate for a 4th line role and somehow he's anchoring our 3rd line right now? I saw more from Malone from the first half of this game then i've seen from Cliche all season. When Roy made the switch and put Talbot in his place ast center, i thought it was a big improvement in that 3rd period.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I'm pretty sure not many of us predicted a series win at the start of the year. Making the playoffs was the goal and we achieved it. All this is just icing on the cake.

Goodnight. Don't slit your wrists and whatnot.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
And people criticize me for overreacting. Talk about irony. Yeah Avs got outplayed, but a loss is a loss and the series is tied, just like many others so far.

Stars won twice at home to tie it, Hawks Blues is tied at 2, Kings blowing out the Sharks right now. No team has it easy.

No Duchene, no Barrie, no Mitchell, not even mentioning Tanguay, not much playoff experience among the Avs players yet it's a 2-2 series. I think I'll take it.

I really wouldn't feel very bad if Avs lose the series with all the injuries and lack of experience.

I don't want anyone ever to tell me that I overreact. You people need to calm down.

Good post.

mattand1mixtape

Apr 2, 2013
Do you guys think that the inexperience of our players in the playoffs is coming into play? I mean you have to think that Roy is trying to adjust to the wild's play and is communicating to his players what he wants to see and have them do. As a coach theres only so much you can convey to your team. Roy did pretty much play at his best when in the playoffs, but it is without a doubt up to his players to carry out that command and I personally don't think the players are doing this. Does anyone else see this at all?
Home play and last change could also come into play here.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
the_fan being the voice of reason? What in the world .....

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
And people criticize me for overreacting. Talk about irony. Yeah Avs got outplayed, but a loss is a loss and the series is tied, just like many others so far.

Stars won twice at home to tie it, Hawks Blues is tied at 2, Kings blowing out the Sharks right now. No team has it easy.

No Duchene, no Barrie, no Mitchell, not even mentioning Tanguay, not much playoff experience among the Avs players yet it's a 2-2 series. I think I'll take it.

I really wouldn't feel very bad if Avs lose the series with all the injuries and lack of experience.

I don't want anyone ever to tell me that I overreact. You people need to calm down.

Oh, the_fan. When we zig, he zags. God love him.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Do you guys think that the inexperience of our players in the playoffs is coming into play? I mean you have to think that Roy is trying to adjust to the wild's play and is communicating to his players what he wants to see and have them do. As a coach theres only so much you can convey to your team. Roy did pretty much play at his best when in the playoffs, but it is without a doubt up to his players to carry out that command and I personally don't think the players are doing this. Does anyone else see this at all?

I think it's more that they are winning pretty much all the battles. Plus, their defense can clear the zone a million times better than ours, meaning that it's really easy to hem us in.

Makemeasandwhich

Apr 17, 2014

I think experience plays a huge part in why we are tied 2-2, same with the injuries, blue line weakness but most importantly the wild want it more it seems.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Injuries much worse than inexperience.

Taking out Parise, Haula, Moulson and Brodin would cripple that team. It's essentially what we're missing with Duchene, Mitchell, Tanguay and Barrie or pretty close to it.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I think it's more that they are winning pretty much all the battles. Plus, their defense can clear the zone a million times better than ours.

Thank Cooke for the last one. Barrie is the cog that allows out fast game to go on. He can actually get out of defensive zone and chip it ahead for the forwards. Something our career AHLers cannot and something our top pair struggles with. I say we should give Elliot a try.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Bottom six REALLY misses Mitchell and his puck possession. Cliche on the third line is brutal. Cody Mac is useless, has no balance to make huge hits, his time has come and passed. Injuries suck. We can still win this, I still have hope.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Thank Cooke for the last one. Barrie is the cog that allows out fast game to go on. He can actually get out of defensive zone and chip it ahead for the forwards. Something our career AHLers cannot and something our top pair struggles with. I say we should give Elliot a try.

Yep, Elliot needs to be in next game. He's got a good point shot, and decent speed to break the trap.

mattand1mixtape

Apr 2, 2013
I think it's more that they are winning pretty much all the battles. Plus, their defense can clear the zone a million times better than ours.

Don't you think this comes down to playoff experience though? In the playoffs as a player you have to be willing to sacrifice the body to make a play. IE go in the gritty areas to win those battles. Thats what makes teams more successful than others in the playoffs. The Avs are obviously shying away from these situations and losing those 50/50 battles. Would you not have to think that Roy would have conveyed that message to his team? They just aren't doing this at all. I saw several times where the Avs players weren't moving their feet at all towards the play.
Or do you guys think this is just a case of last change coming into play?

mattand1mixtape

Apr 2, 2013
Injuries much worse than inexperience.

Taking out Parise, Haula, Moulson and Brodin would cripple that team. It's essentially what we're missing with Duchene, Mitchell, Tanguay and Barrie or pretty close to it.

I guess I forgot to take this into consideration. Without a doubt I think that our team does better with those players in the lineup.

IceyDice

Sep 16, 2012
It's how we lost those games that is concerning.

Yeah but I have faith. We didn't play this bad in the regular season and it's home ice next game. As long as we have Varly we have a chance.

How is people reacting negatively like this news to anyone? We do this every single bad game!

It's not. I'm just pointing out it's kinda ridiculous. We sound like children.

mattand1mixtape

Apr 2, 2013
I think it's more that they are winning pretty much all the battles. Plus, their defense can clear the zone a million times better than ours, meaning that it's really easy to hem us in.
And idk if I'd agree with this completely considering they can't seem to score on an empty net with 3+ minutes left.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I wouldn't even be mad if Mitchell had the puck and did his usual skate around the zone 4 times without passing because at least that would mean we had the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad