Post-Game Talk: Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Everybody gotta remember that this team wasn't suppose to make the playoffs with this d-core, I'm just gonna make the best of it, win or lose.

As long as these losses force Sakic and company to make an effort to improve the defense instead of blind faith and loyalty to AHLers.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Ok.

You guys need to have a bit of faith that we'll be better at home and the wild will likely be worse on the road.

If I'm Roy, I'm dressing both Wilson AND Elliott for Saturday's game to give himself some options.

I thought Wilson looked real slow early on in the game but got much better as the game went on. I don't know what's going on with Guenin but it looked like he was trying to set an nhl record for missed assignments in a game. He's gonna have to be better.

I actually thought the Avs played decent in some areas. Too many stupid turnovers. But, the ability to play much better is there. As Roy would say, this is still a young team learning to win in the playoffs. Would you like our situation or be the Oilers right now? I'm posing this question to Avs fans in panic.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Did I miss something? Were the Avs eliminated tonight?

Everyone go take a deep breath and get away from it for a few minutes.

We played horrible hockey for 6 straight periods and only lost by 1 goal both games.

As long as Varly is in net, we have every chance of winning this series. CHILL THE **** OUT.

Recognize it for what it is, just venting. Happens after every single bad game. People will calm down, everyone knows how this works.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It was the same thing last time though. Got more than 12 shots but very few scoring chances. Why will this motivate them and be any different?

True.

And I have a question. What happened to the puck on Coyle's PP goal? On the replay it looked like it was deflected up high (which I know it was) but when it came down it had the appearance like it came off the screen and down back into play, like it came down at an angle rather than just falling down?

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
chipscoggins @chipscoggins
Kuemper on facing only 12 shots: "Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I had that few. Probably back to midgets or something like that.â€

:facepalm:

I mean, there is really nothing to say back to that....we bad.

Trade everyone.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I actually thought the Avs played decent in some areas. Too many stupid turnovers. But, the ability to play much better is there. As Roy would say, this is still a young team learning to win in the playoffs. Would you like our situation or be the Oilers right now? I'm posing this question to Avs fans in panic.

Oilers fans know they suck, Avs fans feel tricked and betrayed into thinking they're good. :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ok.

You guys need to have a bit of faith that we'll be better at home and the wild will likely be worse on the road.

If I'm Roy, I'm dressing both Wilson AND Elliott for Saturday's game to give himself some options.

I thought Wilson looked real slow early on in the game but got much better as the game went on. I don't know what's going on with Guenin but it looked like he was trying to set an nhl record for missed assignments in a game. He's gonna have to be better.
Actually I agree with you that Wilson looked progressively better, but we already have 5 of hims' in the line up; Benoit, Holden, Guenin, and a similar game, but more talented Johnson.

Hishon looked good and still think that playing him over Elliott was the right decision, but playing Hishon 2 minutes a game with Bordeleau shifting from the 2nd to 3rd to 4th is pretty much useless to the point I think would like to roll 7 defense now.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
True.

And I have a question. What happened to the puck on Coyle's PP goal? On the replay it looked like it was deflected up high (which I know it was) but when it came down it had the appearance like it came off the screen and down back into play, like it came down at an angle rather than just falling down?

I was wondering this too.

Was watching from a loud bar with small tv's. Hard to tell.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I know injuries shouldn't be an excuse but it's not difficult to see why the Avs are getting hammered. Tonight's line-up doesn't even resemble what the team looked like two weeks ago, let alone the rest of the season.

No Duchene, Mitchell, or Barrie (or Tanguay). Hishon making his NHL debut. Wilson playing defense for the first time in months, and O'Reilly back at center after an entire 80-game season shifted to left wing.

It's a train wreck out there. Colorado's only chance is to rally around home ice in Game 5, but it's hard to be optimistic after the past two games.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Relax dude. Rome wasn't built overnight. Neither were the Blackhawk. Neither will be the Avs.

I know, I just get the sense that they aren't addressing it as much as they should to begin with. What's must upsetting is our lack of signing depth players at the deadline. Even a guy like Goc would have helped.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
chipscoggins @chipscoggins
Kuemper on facing only 12 shots: "Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I had that few. Probably back to midgets or something like that.â€

:facepalm:

Guys THIS IS a great quote, Cherry is absolutely right on one thing.....giving ammunition to the opposing team. Kuemper just did that.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
This team is playing like a bunch of girls. What the hell happened to McGinn's and Landeskog's physicality? And Guenin's? What happened to the speed this team had? Just a disgusting effort.

Next game, and this may be the passion over-reacting here, but I'd like nothing more than to see Parenteau scratched. Don't even want him on the ice. Same with Guenin. Also, play one of either Malone or Carey A LOT more than McLeod, he absolutely sucks right now. He's ok on the PK, but he does nothing else on the ice and is way too slow now, he's useless when he isn't hitting and this series, he's been hitting about as much as Stastny.

Play Talbot with O'Reilly and McGinn, see what he can do in a top 6 role seeing as he played that role for Pittsburgh in 2009. Can't hurt us any more than what Parenteau brings right now, which is nothing. Also let Elliott play, and give him the entire two minutes on the power play on the point. I don't care if you have to limit his minutes even strength, let him quarterback both power plays. I love EJ, but the guy simply cannot shoot through defenders and everyone knows blocked shots increase during the playoffs.

McLeod is playing hurt right now, he's not even practicing. The homer announcers fron NBC talked about it.

Nothing through 4 games leads me to believe we will dominate Minnesota at any time. When the dropped the 1st 2 games they still played good. Cant say the same about us

It's all about match-ups and when you can put our top line against their worst d-men pairing, they get eaten up. When we can't do that AND we have the injuries we've got right now, of course it's much easier to shut us down.

On the positive side:
- Varly is playing amazing hockey and he gives a chance every night.
- the Avs have been incredibly consistent this season not playing too many bad games in a row

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Guys THIS IS a great quote, Cherry is absolutely right on one thing.....giving ammunition to the opposing team. Kuemper just did that.

After we score 12 goals next game, I hope the same reporter asks him when the last time he gave up 12 goals was :naughty:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lets hope Roy sticks with a lineup in the next game. I know we couldn't get anything going tonight but every shift there was a new combination on the ice. How are they supposed to do anything when they don't know who they're playing with? Malone was playing on the top line at times.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
McLeod is playing hurt right now, he's not even practicing. The homer announcers fron NBC talked about it.

It's all about match-ups and when you can put our top line against their worst d-men pairing, they get eaten up. When we can't do that AND we have the injuries we've got right now, of course it's much easier to shut us down.

On the positive side:
- Varly is playing amazing hockey and he gives a chance every night.
- the Avs have been incredibly consistent this season not playing too many bad games in a row

He shouldn't be in the line up because he looks much too hurt to be playing. I read that it was various bumps and bruises, but he looks like he's really feeling it out there. At least with Malone we know he'll be providing what McLeod should be, speed and physicality. Roy wants McLeod out there on the PK, fine, but do not play him more than 2-3 minutes even strength

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Lets hope Roy sticks with a lineup in the next game. I know we couldn't get anything going tonight but every shift there was a new combination on the ice. How are they supposed to do anything when they don't know who they're playing with? Malone was playing on the top line at times.

Roy will learn, he's technically a rookie, too.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And people criticize me for overreacting. Talk about irony. Yeah Avs got outplayed, but a loss is a loss and the series is tied, just like many others so far.

Stars won twice at home to tie it, Hawks Blues is tied at 2, Kings blowing out the Sharks right now. No team has it easy.

No Duchene, no Barrie, no Mitchell, not even mentioning Tanguay, not much playoff experience among the Avs players yet it's a 2-2 series. I think I'll take it.

I really wouldn't feel very bad if Avs lose the series with all the injuries and lack of experience.

I don't want anyone ever to tell me that I overreact. You people need to calm down.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
True.

I was wondering this too.

Was watching from a loud bar with small tv's. Hard to tell.

So anyone got an answer on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad