Post-Game Talk: Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I seriously want to know if LeBrun is referencing last week when Roy said it was "unlikely" that Duchene plays at all this series or if Roy REALLY did say that Duchene is ruled out for Game 5?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
People say Avs are built around Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon etc... but in reality they are built around Varlamov.

Without Varly this team is not here playing playoff hockey right now. And since they are, without Varly this series is probably 3-1 Wild.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I seriously want to know if LeBrun is referencing last week when Roy said it was "unlikely" that Duchene plays at all this series or if Roy REALLY did say that Duchene is ruled out for Game 5?

Roy said it tonight.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Mike Chambers ‏@MikeChambers · 45s
#Avs coach Patrick Roy said Matt Duchene won't play in Game 5. He did not rule out return for Game 6.

So maybe game 6

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
This is the flattest I ever seen a team play. Lazy all around especially in the offensive zone. Varly has been nothing short of incredible the best goalie bar none in the playoffs so far.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
As much as I hate to say it, this team misses Johnny Malkin and all his stupid turnovers and stuff.

I'm sorry Johnny, I will learn to appreciate your constant turnovers from now on.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Because I'm pissed the **** off like a 12 year old currently.

Ok.

You guys need to have a bit of faith that we'll be better at home and the wild will likely be worse on the road.

If I'm Roy, I'm dressing both Wilson AND Elliott for Saturday's game to give himself some options.

I thought Wilson looked real slow early on in the game but got much better as the game went on. I don't know what's going on with Guenin but it looked like he was trying to set an nhl record for missed assignments in a game. He's gonna have to be better.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ok.

You guys need to have a bit of faith that we'll be better at home and the wild will likely be worse on the road.

If I'm Roy, I'm dressing both Wilson AND Elliott for Saturday's game to give himself some options.

I thought Wilson looked real slow early on in the game but got much better as the game went on. I don't know what's going on with Guenin but it looked like he was trying to set an nhl record for missed assignments in a game. He's gonna have to be better.

That dubious distinction belongs to McGinn

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Did I miss something? Were the Avs eliminated tonight?

Everyone go take a deep breath and get away from it for a few minutes.

We played horrible hockey for 6 straight periods and only lost by 1 goal both games.

As long as Varly is in net, we have every chance of winning this series. CHILL THE **** OUT.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
chipscoggins @chipscoggins
Kuemper on facing only 12 shots: "Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I had that few. Probably back to midgets or something like that.”

:facepalm:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Kuemper on facing only 12 shots: "Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I had that few. Probably back to midgets or something like that.â€

Should absolutely be motivation for just putting pucks on net and getting screens.

I mean they practically took all of their shots while giving him a clean view.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Kuemper on facing only 12 shots: "Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I had that few. Probably back to midgets or something like that.â€

Wow, is that an actual quote? Please boys, nail him for that cockiness....

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Everybody gotta remember that this team wasn't suppose to make the playoffs with this d-core, I'm just gonna make the best of it, win or lose.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Wow, is that an actual quote? Please boys, nail him for that cockiness....

He's just telling it like it is, we put 12 shots on net and they were all weak...the only reason O'Reilly's goal got through was because it deflected off of Suter.

People look may say the Cooke hit on Barrie was the turning point, but the Turning Point actually came when Yeo replaced Bryzgalov with Kuemper in Game 2. With Bryz in net I feel like some of these chances actually go in, but Kuemper is playing with too much confidence right now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Should absolutely be motivation for just putting pucks on net and getting screens.

I mean they practically took all of their shots while giving him a clean view.

It was the same thing last time though. Got more than 12 shots but very few scoring chances. Why will this motivate them and be any different?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Boy oh boy that was pretty bad.

Piss poor effort tonight. 12 shots on goal with 4 coming in the last 4 minutes with most of that being on the 6v4? Bad... really bad.

Series is far from over though. Best of 3 now.

Big gut check coming game 5. Wild will be playing the best hockey they have all season. If we lose game 5 then I'd start calling that the sky is falling. Until then, chill out folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad