Rumor: Pat Maroon to Flames gaining momentum

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Maroon is slow, but physical and exceptional along the boards/in front of the net. He is an excellent middle-6 guy.
Disagree. He's terrible in front of the net. The amount of grade A looks he got during his time in Edmonton was insane, and he couldn't bury them. Would literally miss wide open nets regularly.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Kinda hoping the reason he hasn't signed yet is because the Leafs are in on him after signing Tavares.

The leafs badly need a top 9 player with some Size and grit. Would be a decent JVR Replacement. IDk if we have the $$ to do so

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
If it was that cheap wouldn't Oilers have just extended him instead of trading him at deadline?
We already have Lucic, the only way Maroon was coming back is if Looch was traded. They play too similar of a game.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
His speed is more of a detriment than his physicality is a positive.

Considering just how slow EDM was as a team, it would make sense why you think thats the case.

Maroon is a better fit for teams who has speed from top to bottom, and are in dire need of a physical presense

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Maroon is a cool dude so the thought of him in a flames Jersey is gross.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Considering just how slow EDM was as a team, it would make sense why you think thats the case.

Maroon is a better fit for teams who has speed from top to bottom, and are in dire need of a physical presense
I mean him playing in Edmonton on a relatively slow team definitely magnified the problem. I still wouldn't want him on my team after watching him in Edmonton, though. He's just the type of player that's getting phased out of the league every year. Same as Lucic but with less offense.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If the Oilers can dump Lucic I'd like to see Maroon back. Can't have both on the team at the same time again though because they are too similar.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Maroon isn't Brouwer. he's significantly better

this doesn't mean we should actually try to get him. not on July 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: