Rumor: Pat Maroon to Flames gaining momentum

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Kinda hoping the reason he hasn't signed yet is because the Leafs are in on him after signing Tavares.

The leafs badly need a top 9 player with some Size and grit. Would be a decent JVR Replacement. IDk if we have the $$ to do so

Lol. Wherever he lands is going to involve a dumb contract. The Leafs now have ZERO room for any flubs on contracts for forwards. Unless you think they should move Marner.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I mean I've seen people floating 5M / year for Maroon, which is INSANE.

So.. best of luck to whichever stupid ass team offers him that contract. Praying it's not the Devils.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Surprised that we haven’t heard anything on the Maroon front.

My bet is the Oilers trade Lucic to a team that Maroon said no to and then sign Maroon for 3.5Mx3.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
How much cap space does the Flames have? How much can they offer Maroon

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I guess this momentum is dead with the Neal signing

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
I think he wants to play in StL, and I believe the Blues have expressed interest, but they need to sign their RFAs and move another player before they can seal the deal.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I thought he’d be going back to Edmonton. That’s what Oil fans told me when we traded for him at least.
He made strong overtones that he wanted to be back in Edmonton when he left and would likely do so when free agency hit, but in later interviews with him he said his heart was in Edmonton and New Jersey. I assume he would of been happy with St. Louis as well just cause of his kid, I'm not sure if where Maroon signs will be decided by his heart, by the best hockey fit, or his wallet. I'm guessing he'll find some destination on day 2 of free agency and we'll see what his strongest driving force was when choosing his team.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
He made strong overtones that he wanted to be back in Edmonton when he left and would likely do so when free agency hit, but in later interviews with him he said his heart was in Edmonton and New Jersey. I assume he would of been happy with St. Louis as well just cause of his kid, I'm not sure if where Maroon signs will be decided by his heart, by the best hockey fit, or his wallet. I'm guessing he'll find some destination on day 2 of free agency and we'll see what his strongest driving force was when choosing his team.

St. Louis seems like the most probable destination for him at this point IMO. I’d love him back in NJ though. He fit in really well.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wonder where he goes now, I guess he could still end up in Calgary but with James Neal signed and still needing to sign Lindholm and Hanfin you got to think they are out on Maroon

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I think he wants to play in StL, and I believe the Blues have expressed interest, but they need to sign their RFAs and move another player before they can seal the deal.

Same with the Oilers. We need to sign Nurse and Strome and figure out what cap space is left ($7M with 21 players) and I see Blues have a various RFAs too and similar free-ish space ($8.4M with 18 players).

Slomo

May 27, 2018
Maroon will go to San Jose. They lost out on Taveras and have some room for him now.

member 157595

Kinda hoping the reason he hasn't signed yet is because the Leafs are in on him after signing Tavares.

The leafs badly need a top 9 player with some Size and grit. Would be a decent JVR Replacement. IDk if we have the $$ to do so

Here's the thing: after adding Tavares, our drafting and development on the wing is absolutely vital. In order to be consistently competitive we're going to need wingers on ELC's that are ready to play every (or almost every) year. We cannot afford any overpayments at W. I think he'll get too much money and he doesn't fit with our team speed.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I still think the hold-up is Edmonton and if they can move Lucic to make it happen.

It could also be his own negotiations with Edmonton, as NJ and SJ are probably offering more $

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->