i don't see a fit with the blues outside of the hometown reunion appeal

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
He’s pretty much the only descent ufa option left

All others are entering retirement soon so chesp desks or PTOs

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's okay, we already got your coach as our assistant guy. Flames fans will hate it more when he reveals all the key factors to beating his former team :naughty:
You are aware that with you having our old coach, it means we have a new one, right? Meaning Gulutzan doesn't have any insight into what we will be doing. When it comes to player tendencies, we weren't even sure he had a grasp on that while he was our coach, but even if he did, the fact we are going to be seeing close to a 25% turnover in our roster this summer, I don't think it will matter since it will probably affect every forward line and defense pairing.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It's okay, we already got your coach as our assistant guy. Flames fans will hate it more when he reveals all the key factors to beating his former team :naughty:

Gully’s system was essentially to get as many pucks on net as the team could generate regardless of the quality of the scoring chance. He’s a very smart coach, but it was a very generic system which didn’t utilize anyone’s strengths. I’m really not worried about it.

tjung0831

Sep 17, 2008
St. Charles Missouri
i don't see a fit with the blues outside of the hometown reunion appeal

Blues already offered him a 3 year $10.5mil deal and he turned it down. Rumor is he's looking for a 4th year. Rumor on Monday in St. Louis was that the Blues are still interested and the Blues are Maroon's 1st choice but Army has some work to do to get it done. I guess in the mean time if he finds a 4 year deal he would take it but it looks like he's probably going to have to lower his demands. It would definitely seem like he's holding out for St. Louis to get back to him at this point.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Flames have a lot of RFAs to sign and still need a backup goalie. Don't see how they can make room?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Flames have a lot of RFAs to sign and still need a backup goalie. Don't see how they can make room?

Don't even think they have the roster space anymore. With Neal signed, Maroon would be pretty redundant. Unless Brouwer is being somehow moved out, I don't see the Flames being in on Maroon anymore.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Whichever GM signs him is going to come out looking like a Maroon.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
He maybe doesn't have a long enough history of performing well compared to most UFAs? The last 2 years have been pretty great for him but is that a big enough sample to know he'll be able to keep it up another 4?

I like Maroon's game and he would be a good addition to most any team. Can play on any line in a pinch, good utility player. Perhaps high end 3LW money isn't out of line. 2nd 3rd tweener money?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Gully’s system was essentially to get as many pucks on net as the team could generate regardless of the quality of the scoring chance. He’s a very smart coach, but it was a very generic system which didn’t utilize anyone’s strengths. I’m really not worried about it.

I dunno, with all those weapons the Oilers have... Eberle, Hall, Yakupov I could see Gulutzan's philosophies working.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
GMs are probably hesitant asf when thinking about handing out of player of his ilk a huge contract. Lucic and Clarkson pretty much killed the market for his type. He wants 5 million plus for 5 years plus and GMS probably want to give him 3x4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad