Rumor: Pat Maroon to Flames gaining momentum

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
As fast as scores have gone signing, I am surprised he not signed already. I know there was intererst from the Blues, not sure if that is the case since the moved made. Local guy is a selling point I think.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don't see where on the Flames he would fit with Neal on board.

I suspect this rumor was never really all that rumorish.

Flames trying to drive up the price for the Oilers if anything.

To be fair, doesn’t take much for Chia to overpay anyone.

Reactions: oXo Cube

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

Yeah we don’t have the cap room anymore

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

This was rumored before the Neal signing, so I suspect he was Plan B if Neal went elsewhere.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
And I don't see the Oilers being all that much interested in him
The Oilers simply don't have the cap space for Maroon, so I suspect that Chiarelli isn't wasting his time trying to make a fit. The only solution is to move Lucic, and I don't see that happening for a number of reasons - demand from other teams being one, Chiarelli not wanting to move him at his lowest value being another.

Reactions: THall4

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

I also suspect that the Flames organization purposely leaked rumours about Maroon to negotiate Neal down a bit. I'd be shocked if the Flames signed anyone else. There really is no room left on the roster. The team also needs room to give guys like Foo and Mangiapane looks during the season.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
From the Oilers board:
The guest on Stauffer's show right now, I think it's Andy Strickland(?), just said that the Blues offered Maroon 4 M and it sounds like he didn't bite, so the Blues signed Perron instead. Stauffer said he wouldn't give Maroon 4M. St. Louis is still trying to sign Maroon. Stauffer sounds surprised that Maroon would turn down 4M, let alone that he was offered that.

The upshot is that we might have a clue as to why Maroon hasn't been signed yet. It's not that he's waiting for a team (the Oilers) to move out salary; it's that he wants too much money.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
I'm sitting here thinking Maroon is worth like 2-2.5 mil and wondering what the holdup is. 4 mil? Good grief.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I'm sitting here thinking Maroon is worth like 2-2.5 mil and wondering what the holdup is. 4 mil? Good grief.

I’d take him back on the Oil for $3M to $3.25M easily. Doubt I’d want him for $4M. He think he’s worth a little less than Eberle, Skinner cash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->