Pat Maroon - One Man Dynasty?

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He rides in the backseat not the front. Hell Dan Carcillo has 3 Stanley cup championships so was he a "hell of a hockey player" also? You could probably toss him in the worst players to win multiple cups category.
Maroon and Carcillo aren’t even close to being in the same category

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Maroon and Carcillo aren’t even close to being in the same category
Maroon had 22 in 78 games this year and 29 in 87 games last year so if that is a "hell of a hockey player" you are seriously misguided. That is the definition of riding the coat tails of the skilled players which Carcillo did.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Loved Big Rig in his time with the Oilers.

Great guy and loved in the room.

I’ll never forget this interview when he scored in St. Louis and his son was there to see it.

Have a little guy a bit younger than Maroons son in this video. I can relate to that feeling of love for a child and couldn’t imagine how tough it must have been for him to be apart from him.

This is the kind of thing that makes you want to root for a guy like Maroon.

Not the fastest guy but he plays his butt off in the playoffs (though he can be super lazy in the regular season lol).

Reactions: DangledUpinBlues

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Maroon had 22 in 78 games this year and 29 in 87 games last year so if that is a "hell of a hockey player" you are seriously misguided. That is the definition of riding the coat tails of the skilled players which Carcillo did.
Again, Maroon offers more than just on ice production.

Reactions: GreeningOil

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
He's a great example of how you don't have to be a great player to win a lot of cups.

Not everyone can be a great player, but anyone can be a great teammate and Maroon seems like he is one of the most popular teammates in the league. Glad to see him succeed.

Kind of crazy that like half of Blues fans wanted him gone halfway through the 2018-19 season, and he's been on top of the hockey world ever since.

Reactions: SnS and BlueOil

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
With Kunitz retired, Maroon joins Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury, Kane, Keith, Toews, and Hjalmarsson as the active leaders for most Stanley Cups.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
We hear this about every bottom-sixer who finds himself on great teams. I'm sure he's a good guy to have around, but Tampa doesn't miss a beat without him.
Not likely no, they have too much skill. He’s still a great teammate that offers morale and isn’t afraid to throw his body around. You need that locker room presence

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Guess you should spend less time on the Tampa board drooling over a mediocre player at best.
As someone who grew up in St. Louis, I apologize if I appreciate a fellow St. Louis native having success in their career who also was a contributor to a team who I support ending their drought by scoring a goal in Game 7 in a PO game in OT and was apart of the game growing in popularity in the area due to success.

But apparently since he’s a 4th liner, I guess I can’t appreciate that.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
So insulting another team is your go to deflect move? Maybe Tampa can win another cup in a full NHL season, that would be news huh? Maybe next year Colorado can hide MacKinnon on LTIR all season.

Avs wouldn’t make the playoffs without Mackinnon. They can and should stash EJ’s 6 mil on LTIR though

Reactions: Sentinel

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
Good thing hockey teams have more than 1 player huh?

Maroon has three cup rings. You have an opinion on a message board.

Try as you might, Maroon still comes out ahead here. Considerably.

Never underestimate the value of the heart and soul guys. Sabres jettisoned a lot of their heart and soul guys and never recovered (among, many, many other issues with the team of course).

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
He's a great example of how you don't have to be a great player to win a lot of cups.

Yep just be at the right p'ace at rhe right moment

oh and sign on a contender. That will do it too

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Maroon has three cup rings. You have an opinion on a message board.

Try as you might, Maroon still comes out ahead here. Considerably.

Never underestimate the value of the heart and soul guys. Sabres jettisoned a lot of their heart and soul guys and never recovered (among, many, many other issues with the team of course).
Funny thing is i never discounted that he has 3 Stanley cup rings but more so that he is a "Hell of a hockey player" statement that was made. Being a good character guy who boosts moral does not translate to being a great player.

Reactions: AzHawk and Alwalys

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I get people being bitter at a guy like Kucherov but sone of you here are actively trying to trash talk Maroon. :laugh: a f***ing 4th liner is rattling people, it's glorious. Some of you should go outside sometimes.

Brownies

I have no ill will towards Tampa just funny to hear people call Pat f'in Maroon a "Hell of a hockey player" when all he has brought to any of the teams he has been on that won the cup was moral support. I mean a support dog could of done the same thing.
The deeper you go in the playoffs, the likelier you get benched if you bring nothing. There's a gap between a "hell of a hockey player" and somebody just there for morale support.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad