Pat Maroon - One Man Dynasty?

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
The deeper you go in the playoffs, the likelier you get benched if you bring nothing. There's a gap between a "hell of a hockey player" and somebody just there for morale support.
He is clearly an energy guy and yes teams want players like that but outside of being that guy there is nothing else he brings.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Loved Big Rig in his time with the Oilers.

Great guy and loved in the room.

I’ll never forget this interview when he scored in St. Louis and his son was there to see it.

Have a little guy a bit younger than Maroons son in this video. I can relate to that feeling of love for a child and couldn’t imagine how tough it must have been for him to be apart from him.

This is the kind of thing that makes you want to root for a guy like Maroon.

Not the fastest guy but he plays his butt off in the playoffs (though he can be super lazy in the regular season lol).

Reactions: snipes

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Man if someone asked the 2017 Edmonton Oilers, "Which guy from your team is going to win 3 of the next 4 cups" I wonder what their answer would have been.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
"Tampa and St. Louis would have won without him"

Ifs and buts... He deserves credit for the role he plays which is being a good depth player. He may not be a guy you build your team around, but you'd still take him.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
There aren't many players that have the same impact that Maroon has at 900k on a non-ELC.

The dude is a winner, plain and simple. He's 'only' made $11 mil in his career, yet decided to stay in Tampa at a discount.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Oilers should have never let him go. He was the perfect winger for McDrai.
They tried. In summer 2017 they offered him a 3 year extension worth 3-3.5 million a year (roughly 10 million according to Rishaug) he turned it down taking bad advice from his agent. With no extension in place Edmonton traded him at the deadline to jersey. When the summer came he wasn’t getting many offers ended up firing his agent and settling on a one year one million deal to play in his hometown to be near his son. Wins the cup. Didn’t get many offers the next summer either but Tampa offered him a one year again late in the summer. Wins the cup again. Gets a two year extension wins the cup again.

Reactions: Sentinel

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Leafs offer him Tavares money when his contract expires. :Sarcasm:

Drew Doughty is punching a wall right now as we speak. Already has more cups than him.

Reactions: Meatball

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
I have no ill will towards Tampa just funny to hear people call Pat f'in Maroon a "Hell of a hockey player" when all he has brought to any of the teams he has been on that won the cup was moral support. I mean a support dog could of done the same thing.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Huh? Won 3 Cups in a row on teams not with McDavid. Not saying it is because of Maroon, but it also isn't because of McDavid.

He would have played himself out of the NHL if not for McDavid... a borderline 4th liner. The career was going nowhere prior.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Maroon has accomplished something neither Gretzky, Mario or Orr accomplished. Special company.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Hey Pat Maroon, if you don’t want the star of your team sitting all up in interviews with his shirt off acting like a fool...come to Montreal.

Reactions: User9992

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He would have played himself out of the NHL if not for McDavid... a borderline 4th liner. The career was going nowhere prior.

He was putting up decent 4th line stats and also brings the added agitator/pest factor which is a huge plus to a valuable depth player.

Reactions: auximenes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad