Proposal: Partner for Dahlin

FtheRef

Oct 1, 2017
What exactly is gonna entice him to go to Buffalo over a team like Tampa or Toronto? The ONLY reason he would actually have any interest in going to Buffalo is that he knows they would be dumb enough to give him more than he's worth. I can totally see them giving him 10x8.
Right.... and Toronto signed Tavares to GUARANTEE that he never wins a cup? Foh

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
The CBJ fan in me totally thought you meant Panarin instead of Partner :laugh:

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Connor Murphy would be a good option. Big, steady, defensive defenseman. Good contract, and prime age.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Dahlin is an amazing talent, however, can't someone make him a dermatologist appointment?

He's 12 years old, so that's up to his mom.

Seems like a lot of young Swedish hockey players have skin that looks like the back of the moon, not sure why.

Hampus Lindholm looked like a dirt road in his face a couple of years back.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
I don't see why the Sabres would make any moves right now. Their D is playing just fine, and they have 4 firsts to play with in the next 2 years. I would be shocked if Botts doesn't just stay the course, and start home growing everything.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
DeAngelo has arrived and is continuing to improve.
Finally has enuf experience and correct coaching to enable his talent to emerge. Recent +/- leader!
Does not have enough experience to be a vet shepherd for Dahlin, and is not a rushing guy, tho skates well enuf and passes puck well.
Would be a good add for upstate.

Rangers did not invest to develop this former 19OA to give away now.
Will add TB 2019 2nd which has condition it can morph into 1st if TB wins the Cup, which Bolts may buy back to get added flexibility.

In return take the 2 conditional late 1sts of Blues + Sharks
for cap
can eat expiring Porter/Tennyson in some variation so Sabes get a smidgeon more cap relief while adding DeA's 863,333.

like title of popular game show returning tonight on CNBC:
deal or no deal?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Finally has enuf experience and correct coaching to enable his talent to emerge. Recent +/- leader!
Does not have enough experience to be a vet shepherd for Dahlin, and is not a rushing guy, tho skates well enuf and passes puck well.

Will add TB 2019 2nd which has condition it can morph into 1st if TB wins the Cup, which Bolts may buy back to get added flexibility.

for cap
can eat expiring Porter/Tennyson in some variation so Sabes get a smidgeon more cap relief while adding DeA's 863,333.

deal or no deal?

Barf. I wouldn't even trade one 1st for Deangelo, much less 2.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005

for cap

deal or no deal?
giphy.gif

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
The good thing about Dahlin is that he's so absurdly good that a "partner" doesn't really need to be that great of an individual player.

I mean he's been playing with Bogosian who's having a really good bounce back year, but usually is a bit of a disaster in his own zone. There are plenty of promising young D-men that can potentially partner with Dahlin long term in the Sabres organization, if they want to go get someone from outside, I wouldn't mind trying to get Stralman as a UFA, but I just don't see the need to spend assets on this.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
what would be the point of trading Risto to get Dahlin a partner? We would have a great top pair but then our other 2 defensive pairings would be poor.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
muzzin or forbort are definitely available, but for dahlin's sake, pay a bit more to get muzzin. a first and a prospect will get it done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad