Proposal: Partner for Dahlin

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Martinez would probably be a solid vet option that can also move the puck on the right side and decent multi-year contract and plenty of playoff experience. I would guess there would have to be some other pieces concerning salary and no idea what each team would look for in value, but I think the player makes some sense.

Martinez is just a solid player, I'd have to think there will be more than one team interested if he's on the market. My guess is that LA would ask for a 1st or a 1st round type of prospect in return, not sure what they'll get. Reasonable contract with term.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm of the mind of go big or go home here. I'd do both of these trades (assuming we can lock up Trouba long term). Dumba fits as well.

We already have our fill of probably overpaid defensemen heading towards the downside of their career.
For Mittelstadt or Ristolainen? That's not happening.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Pesce for Middelstadt?

I like Pesce a lot, but if there's a position more important than to success than D, it's C. And we have absolutely nothing there behind Eichel and Mitts.

Easy pass.

As an aside, when was the last time a team traded a prospect/young player of that caliber without there being some locker room turmoil or contract dispute behind it? Guys like Mittelstadt don't really get moved.

Roasted Nuts

Feb 6, 2018
Behind you
How about Erik Karlsson for Mittelstadt? From how the season is trending, it doesn't look like Karlsson would be too enticed to stay in SJ. We also need a young center for the future.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
How about Erik Karlsson for Mittelstadt? From how the season is trending, it doesn't look like Karlsson would be too enticed to stay in SJ. We also need a young center for the future.

For EK locked up that would be very hard to pass up from Buff standpoint. Karlsson has not been impressive from what I’ve seen of him this year but this is a gamble I’d take as a Buff fan.

Reactions: Roasted Nuts

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
I like Pesce a lot, but if there's a position more important than to success than D, it's C. And we have absolutely nothing there behind Eichel and Mitts.

Easy pass.

As an aside, when was the last time a team traded a prospect/young player of that caliber without there being some locker room turmoil or contract dispute behind it? Guys like Mittelstadt don't really get moved.

I like Mittelstadt a lot too, but we have Eichel, we don't have a Pesce at 4 million AAV. And sure probably won't happen, but then again most of these trades won't happen either.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Why exactly would he waive for Buffalo? What would entice a guy in Buffalo? Maybe the fact that they overpay everyone would be something that would entice a star player to go to Buffalo but not much else. Im sure he's not delusional and can see the Sabres are heavily overachieving.

yea, i mean it's not like one of the league's leading goal scorer didn't just waive a full NTC to go to buffalo... Pietrangelo is from outside Toronto. Skinner waived because Buffalo is close to home.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
For EK locked up that would be very hard to pass up from Buff standpoint. Karlsson has not been impressive from what I’ve seen of him this year but this is a gamble I’d take as a Buff fan.

I'd honestly rather wait till free agency and ask him directly what the damage is going to be. If he signs elsewhere, before that, I'll live with it.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
yea, i mean it's not like one of the league's leading goal scorer didn't just waive a full NTC to go to buffalo... Pietrangelo is from outside Toronto. Skinner waived because Buffalo is close to home.
I don't think St Louis is dumb enough to move on from Pietrangelo (although their hand could be forced if he won't re-sign there), but on the off chance they did entertain moving him I could see Buffalo being a potential landing point for that very reason. Combined with Buffalo's need on the right side.
I just refuse to engage in any type of back and forth with a poster like that. I don't think he's contributed anything meaningful to a single thread he's posted in.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

Im pretty sure if Toronto wanted Skinner he would be in Toronto not Buffalo.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017

Erik Karlsson's legs/ankles are done. He will never again be what he used to be.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I’m pretty sure that’s irrelevant.

Yeah it kinda is, on top of that im sure one of the reasons to waive to Buffalo was that he knew they had more cap space and were dumb enough to over pay him compared to Toronto who wouldn't be able to afford him.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
buffalo is on par with STL

What exactly is gonna entice him to go to Buffalo over a team like Tampa or Toronto? The ONLY reason he would actually have any interest in going to Buffalo is that he knows they would be dumb enough to give him more than he's worth. I can totally see them giving him 10x8.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
if you're able to find an top pairing defenseman who plays the right side for an affordable trade price, I'd just like to say....dibs. Signed, Leafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad