CFHF Fantasy League Part XXX - Congrats Horseheads! Prospect Draft May 1st!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I mean, I won't delete your posts if you do, but I think we like the suspense.

I just like to be public with my votes. That way the right people that should feel slighted, do. Like for example, I would never vote for Fong and I want him to know it. I would also never vote for TooGaudreau because he fell asleep on the deadline and won't trade me Benn.

@II, or you could vote for me now and when I win next season you will look like a genius and then you can say you voted for me when it wasn't cool and I sucked. :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Without further ado, the GoodFellas votes for GM of the year (in no particular order):

The Techno Onion
Good Decisions
The Terrors
Girouxsalem
FlamingHorseheads

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I mean reasons to vote for me:

As a non playoff team i'm doing a rebuild the right way:

No other picks below the 14th round.
Deepest prospect pool in our league.
While still maintaining elite keepers.
Oodles of picks in the prospect draft as well.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
A vote for me is a vote for our beloved lost soldier

S8L7CHs.gif

Also a vote for me, is a vote your competition cannot receive.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Artem Anisimov is going to be on IR for 3-4 weeks, but probably not on actual IR. Greeeeeeeeaaaaat.

IR+ slots will be a welcome change.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
FWIW, if I do drop him, I'm going to wait to do so until playoffs start so none of the non-playoff teams can scoop him up.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
FWIW, if I do drop him, I'm going to wait to do so until playoffs start so none of the non-playoff teams can scoop him up.

What does it matter to you? You'd rather a playoff team pick him up for the chance he comes back in the playoffs and rooks you in the semis?

Interesting approach.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
What does it matter to you? You'd rather a playoff team pick him up for the chance he comes back in the playoffs and rooks you in the semis?

Interesting approach.

No, I specifically think that no playoff team would pick him up, at least not until they feel they've been eliminated, because you'd be admitting a dead roster spot onto your team at the most crucial time of the year.

Also, playoff teams are less likely to be able to keep him, as they all likely have 9 players as good or better. So the value to a playoff team is much less.

I think that a non-playoff team would scoop him up as a free asset at the drop of a hat, and it would be a dick move to give a free asset to one team out of 12 deserving ones based on waiver priority.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No, I specifically think that no playoff team would pick him up, at least not until they feel they've been eliminated, because you'd be admitting a dead roster spot onto your team at the most crucial time of the year.

Also, playoff teams are less likely to be able to keep him, as they all likely have 9 players as good or better. So the value to a playoff team is much less.

I think that a non-playoff team would scoop him up as a free asset at the drop of a hat, and it would be a dick move to give a free asset to one team out of 12 deserving ones based on waiver priority.
To the bolded, that is ****ing ********. Why are teams allowed to pick guys up after their season is over if they make the playoffs but not if they miss? The moment they are eliminated that should be their final roster.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
To the bolded, that is ****ing ********. Why are teams allowed to pick guys up after their season is over if they make the playoffs but not if they miss? The moment they are eliminated that should be their final roster.

We are allowed to pick up players all year, why change that for playoffs? If they make the playoffs their 'season' isn't over.

EDIT: Oh you mean after they are eliminated from the ploffs. My understanding is they cant pick up guys once they are eliminated. I think AS means they could pick someone up on the Sunday if they knew they were going to lose the matchup.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We are allowed to pick up players all year, why change that for playoffs? If they make the playoffs their 'season' isn't over.

EDIT: Oh you mean after they are eliminated from the ploffs. My understanding is they cant pick up guys once they are eliminated. I think AS means they could pick someone up on the Sunday if they knew they were going to lose the matchup.

That is what I mean, yes.

And it is a bit of a loophole, but it is what it is. Non-playoff teams are able to do this on Sunday of this week if they like, and if there are any guys that get injured and dropped after that, playoff teams get special rights, I guess. Unlikely that this ever becomes a factor, though, because playoff teams generally aren't dropping keepers.

Closest it ever was to a factor is probably me picking up Petr Mrazek in final day of my semi-final loss before the expansion draft.

EDIT: I don't actually think Yahoo shuts down teams from player movement after they've been eliminated, because it by default does the whole consolation bracket thing. But I think I said last year that I wanted to make it a hard rule that player movement stops once you are out of the playoffs, and I will probably implement that this year.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
That is what I mean, yes.

And it is a bit of a loophole, but it is what it is. Non-playoff teams are able to do this on Sunday of this week if they like, and if there are any guys that get injured and dropped after that, playoff teams get special rights, I guess. Unlikely that this ever becomes a factor, though, because playoff teams generally aren't dropping keepers.

Closest it ever was to a factor is probably me picking up Petr Mrazek in final day of my semi-final loss before the expansion draft.

Also last year when I dropped Vlasic.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Was gonna say something but you edited before I could. yeah basically once teams are eliminated they should have their rosters locked.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Well I sucked a$$ last year now I'm the second best team according to the power rankings

Now I have a goalie too for the first time in franchise history. Screw all you Quick haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad