CFHF Fantasy League Part XXX - Congrats Horseheads! Prospect Draft May 1st!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
H. Jay Feaster Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of General Management

It's that Time of Year Again, boys!

It's time to vote for the GM of the Year Award!

The Procedure, if anyone doesn't remember:

1. Pick your top 5 candidates who you think should win the award. Some categories you may want to base it off:

* 2016-17 Trading History
* Results in the standings
* Activity
* Is their team off better than they were the season before?
* Did the GM achieve what they were wanting to do? (i.e.: make playoffs, win championship, buy to make a cup run, ect)

Of course, do not solely base it off the list I posted, if you feel someone deserves a vote based on something, go ahead!

2. Please PM me.
3. Please do not vote for yourself.
4. Explanations on why you chose that particular GM is helpful but not needed. :)

Once everyone sends in their top five, everyone will then revote for their #1 candidate based on who got the most votes (top five).

I'd like to have all votes in by this Friday and at the latest, Sunday! that way round two of voting will be completed by the end of the playoffs. :)

Notice:

For those who have limited PM capabilities based off of infractions, please message me on the yahoo chat. Message me privately, don't tell me in the league chat!

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Fighting for a playoff spot, rated highly on power rankings, top rated prospect pool and picks for days in PP and MD...

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Vote for me, because I am not Anglesmith.

9L0Zjh.gif

But for reals. I made lots of good trades and my team is pretty good. Give me the love.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, this is not my year, that's for damn sure. Made some good moves to pull myself up the standings (the Zetterberg deal was a steal), but put myself in a huge hole with terrible player projection in the off-season. I'm only going to win the division* because TooGoodreau didn't join until December or whenever it was.

Last edited:

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Yeah, this is not my year, that's for damn sure. Made some good moves to pull myself up the standings (the Zetterberg deal was a steal), but put myself in a huge hole with terrible player projection in the off-season. I'm only going to win the division* because TooGoodreau didn't join until December or whenever it was.

My year really died when I took a couple of gambles using a keeper on Yakupov and then using my first pick on Ryan Strome, as well as projecting Tuuka Rask to have a poor year.

My team has been inconsistent the entire year. Really need another injection of skill on this team.

- Sent from my Crapberry.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I should win it because I have the core, it might come off as cocky but I am confident that I will win a championship next season. The only reason I sucked so bad this year is because of injuries.

Seguin, Barkov, MacKinnon, Bennett, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Domi, Laine, Drouin, Karlsson, Ekblad, Provorov, Lundqvist, I'll put my core up against anyones.

I'll also add that my best deal was dealing McDavid and those pieces set me up in so many ways.

Vote for the GoodFellas, not for today, but for our children and for tomorrow!

EDIT: AS can we post our lists in here if we prefer?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I should win it because I have the core, it might come off as cocky but I am confident that I will win a championship next season. The only reason I sucked so bad this year is because of injuries.

Seguin, Barkov, MacKinnon, Bennett, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Domi, Laine, Drouin, Karlsson, Ekblad, Provorov, Lundqvist, I'll put my core up against anyones.

I'll also add that my best deal was dealing McDavid and those pieces set me up in so many ways.

Wouldn't it make more sense to vote for you next year then, when your plan pans out? :naughty:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I mean, I won't delete your posts if you do, but I think we like the suspense.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Last year I almost made the playoffs for the first time, but I fell short when my team was decimated with injuries with 3 matchups left to the season.

I started this season 20th for the first two weeks and made some quick adjustments and climbed my way to 6th and secured a playoff spot.

Lessons learned? Injure my players at the start of the season and not the end :sarcasm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Also it's probably worth announcing that the draft lottery will be conducted next Tuesday morning. I unfortunately teach Monday mornings, and I think my parents are staying at my place Sunday night so I don't want to nerd out too hard. Tuesday will be ideal.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Also it's probably worth announcing that the draft lottery will be conducted next Tuesday morning. I unfortunately teach Monday mornings, and I think my parents are staying at my place Sunday night so I don't want to nerd out too hard. Tuesday will be ideal.

Will there be a live stream?

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

"What are you doing in the bathroom for so long!?"

Will the multi-sided dice be making an appearance again? hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad