CFHF Fantasy League Part XXX - Congrats Horseheads! Prospect Draft May 1st!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
Haha this is awesome! I didn't expect to be a finalist so I'm super stoked! That is some good company to be around. Thanks for the votes everyone, you're all fantastic :)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Hamilton Slackberry trades their GM of the year vote to the Terrors for future considerations.

gbNEVAb.gif

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Me too, Savoie16. That would be a rough situation.

I'm wondering if we should have some sort of system for dealing with this. It is an honest mistake, and one that I've made before too, but it can have huge implications, and it would be a shame if a team could make the playoffs based on picking up someone's prospect and we have nothing to balance out that effect.

forfeit a 3rd pp any time you waiver add another team's prospect?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
For what it's worth, I don't want anyone to think I picked up Morrissey knowingly. I did think he was an eligible FA and I should have done my homework ahead of time. So that's my fault.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For what it's worth, I don't want anyone to think I picked up Morrissey knowingly. I did think he was an eligible FA and I should have done my homework ahead of time. So that's my fault.

I understand, and I think everyone does. The issue isn't so much about punishing people for cheating, it's just about making things right so any advantage gained can be nullified.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I did the same a couple matchups ago, also with Morrissey. Seems like a good player with decent stats to keep off your roster!

I usually make a habit of checking the total number of NHL games played before checking to see if the player is owned by anyone, but Yahoo decided it was smart to remove the totals from a player's profile page. Why, I have no idea.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Honestly, I don't think anything should be done because as much as you should be checking to see if a guy is still a prospect, you should also be paying attention to the transactions page to catch someone picking up their prospect.

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
yeah its ****** but w/e no consequence to not making the playoff or anything in this league so it is what it is

good luck in the playoffs bud

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Playoffs are set!

Man, if I didn't have a hockey game to go to right now, I'd set to work immediately on Playoff Previews. It'll have to wait.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
II, your team is so stacked you should consider anything but a clean sweep against me a failure. I literally stopped caring by Wednesday cause it was already passed the point of no return :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad