Speculation: Part VIII: Post-Draft, Rumors, Speculation, Free Agency Opens Friday (July 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
So who's reporting this potential deal with the habs? Is it a legit possibility? Im a big fan of beaulieu, I'd love to get him. Good potential 2-way guy who I think is ready to play in the NHL.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
In terms of assets, that deal is way below what Anaheim fans were expecting in return for Bobby Ryan. Remember Couturier + 1st, or both Schenns? That package is similar to Read, Laughton, and a first.

You're undervaluing Silfvergberg, IMO.

Its closer to Couturier + Cousins + 1st.

Couturier > Silfvergberg
Cousins < Noesen
1st = 1st

That's not a price I would have wanted the Flyers to pay.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
McGuire sharing a main board-esque opinion on Bobby and Philly :rant:

Edit: ha, looks like my stream is about a minute late :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Would someone explain to me how Clarkson can get paid more than Hartnell and Simmonds...?

Homer signs Emery for 1.65m and Lecavalier for 4.5m and people still insist he's the worst GM when it comes to contracts, meanwhile TOR and NJD sign these two guys for more.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
You're undervaluing Silfvergberg, IMO.

Its closer to Couturier + Cousins + 1st.

Couturier > Silfvergberg
Cousins < Noesen
1st = 1st

That's not a price I would have wanted the Flyers to pay.

Silfverberg doesn't have the potential or the ability to have as big an impact as Couturier. He'll be a nice complimentray piece that can play on the wing on the second or third line. He's younger than Read, but I doubt he goes on to be that much better of an offensive player than Read.

Noesen is a better prospect than Cousins. I'm starting to think Cousins is at least 2-3 seasons away from cracking an NHL roster. Noesen might step in on Anaheim's roster this year. He's much closer to Laughton in terms of value.

I wouldn't have given up that package for Ryan either. I was just taking a shot at the crazy returns that Anaheim fans thought he would garner.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Danny Dube apparently said on RIS (french TV) that Gionta would be part of the deal to Philadelphia (my guess is for cap reasons, $5M off the books next year).

Also, Marc Bergevin pushed his press conference back from 4PM to 4:45PM.

Nothing concrete, but fun to speculate some more.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
So many rumors on the Montreal board about Coburn+Talbot being discussed. New name to come up, Gionta.

I posted a source from a radio station in Quebec earlier in this thread. That appears to be the genesis of the discussion.

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouvelles/maxime-talbot-et-braydon-coburn-a-montreal-250984.html

(98.5 - Sports) - The Montreal Canadiens now trying to get hold of the attacker Maxime Talbot of the Philadelphia Flyers. Several players could be involved in this exchange with the Philadelphia team, the defender Braydon Coburn.

The Flyers are obliged to reduce their wage bill and the Canadian is strongly interested in Talbot, recognized for its passion Quebecers and desire to win.

Talbot scored 152 points in 504 NHL games. He also won the Stanley Cup in Pittsburgh. He is under contract for another three years, it affects an average of $ 1.75 million per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad