Speculation: Part VIII: Post-Draft, Rumors, Speculation, Free Agency Opens Friday (July 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
...that's horrendously awful for Anaheim. You can't get Ryan for disposable parts, and they wanted forwards back (as the OTT return shows).

We could have matched the OTT offer by using a base of Couturier + a 1st and adding in a prospect--someone less than Laughton.

Like I said, I'm glad we weren't in on that.

You think Silfverberg = Couturier? I disagree. I think Couturier is a decent bit more valuable and more highly thought of. I actually think Laughton is closer to Silfverberg.

I would've done Laughton + 1st + 2nd for Ryan...

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site
I'm so damned happy we didn't get Ryan. Now there's a move that wouldn't have made sense.

I am doubly glad.

#1) I never thought the price to get him would be worth it for the Flyers for the needs that they have

#2)It was so irritating having to read so many rumors/speculation about the Flyers going after Ryan. I am very glad that is going to disappear even if it turns out to just be a temporary reprieve.

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Hear that the Habs are close to trading for some toughness...

m.twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

hope he doesn't mean Coburn?!

He said toughness so clearly not Coburn.

Oh and I just saw this. Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie: MTL acquires George Parros from FLA.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
You think Silfverberg = Couturier? I disagree. I think Couturier is a decent bit more valuable and more highly thought of. I actually think Laughton is closer to Silfverberg.

I would've done Laughton + 1st + 2nd for Ryan...

Not at all.

You're ignoring Noesen, who holds value similar to Laughton (maybe a bit less).

As I put it before, I think the closest thing, value-wise, would have been Couturier + Cousins + 1st.

Silfverberg < Couturier
Noesen > Cousins
1st = 1st

I get that there are a lot of Ryan fans around here, but we might as well have been realistic about what it would have cost. Anaheim was never going to take Laughton, a 1st, and a 2nd, or Laughton, a 1st, and another prospect from our pool.

If Read was signed long-term, its a different story. Then Read + Laughton + 1st might have been more intriguing. But given his current contract status, I just don't tihnk he was going to be an appealing asset for Anaheim.

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: It's George Parros headed to Montreal

m.twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

lol not coburn

Parros? That is what all the fuss was about? Or is there still another move brewing?

As an enforcer he is pretty good though, and it made me laugh how he always won or came near the top in pre season 'accuracy shooting' skills competition for his team, shame he has not got the skills to be able to get in positions to put his shot to use!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Not at all.

You're ignoring Noesen, who holds value similar to Laughton (maybe a bit less).

As I put it before, I think the closest thing, value-wise, would have been Couturier + Cousins + 1st.

Silfverberg < Couturier
Noesen > Cousins
1st = 1st

I wanted him here.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
And that's fine, but we might as well have been realistic about what it would have cost. Anaheim was never going to take Laughton, a 1st, and a 2nd, or Laughton, a 1st, and another prospect from our pool.

If Read was signed long-term, its a different story. Then Read + Laughton + 1st might have been more intriguing. But given his current contract status, I just don't tihnk he was going to be an appealing asset for Anaheim.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong guy. I wanted Khudobin here to battle Mason for the start in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad