Speculation: Part VIII: Post-Draft, Rumors, Speculation, Free Agency Opens Friday (July 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
Parros? That is what all the fuss was about? Or is there still another move brewing?

As an enforcer he is pretty good though, and it made me laugh how he always won or came near the top in pre season 'accuracy shooting' skills competition for his team, shame he has not got the skills to be able to get in positions to put his shot to use!

He has the best moustache in the NHL

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
I think that could be top 5 worst contract ever, just horrific ??:amazed:

It's pretty bad. Funny thing is since the first reports were 'less than 6mil' after the real numbers came out since they were prepared for even worse some Leafs fans are actually acting like it isn't that awful because they got "the top FA available". It's all pretty entertaining from my POV.

xkj1985x

Jul 21, 2012
Seattle
Hopefully this rumor on twitter about Simmer being dealt with Coburn/Talbot to MTL is false....

edit: supposedly for Plekanec, Beaulieu and Moen.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
It's pretty bad. Funny thing is since the first reports were 'less than 6mil' after the real numbers came out since they were prepared for even worse some Leafs fans are actually acting like it isn't that awful because they got "the top FA available". It's all pretty entertaining from my POV.

Yeah top UFA cause Vinny was already signed.

He's a 20 goal guy most years signed long term at 5.25 mil AAV, they kidding themselves if they're happy with that.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
The Lecavalier deal is looking better by the minute.

What’s up with the Filppula deal? 5 million per year? For a career .5 ppg player?

The Clarkson deal is going to be like the Penner deal a few years ago with Edmonton. If Clarkson is getting over 5 mil per season, Bobby Ryan should be making like 8 or 9 mil.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Hopefully this rumor on twitter about Simmer being dealt with Coburn/Talbot to MTL is false....

Awful. I don't want soft ass Moen or the midget Plekanec.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010

i will literally throw up my soul

edit: i mean it

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
If simmer is going there, it better be Pacioretty and Beaulieu

And picks and prospects. That's a ton for us to give up. I know I'm the only one OK with moving Simmer on this board but even I know he holds a ton of value. I think Montreal media is just bored and trying to start **** with us lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wow, we really got Lecavalier at a discount. Got a lot of respect for lecav for leaving a lot of money on the table to play here.

In fairness, probably a bit easier to do that when you're being paid $30M to not play for someone.

Viller

Mar 24, 2007

This makes 0 sense, any way you look at it. Are the Flyers not deep enough at C? This is a stupid rumor invented by Habs fans, no doubt in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->