Part 9: [Management, coaching changes] Revolution 9 or the No. 9 Dream, Strawberry Fields Forever

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
He'll just play 3rd pair,Sanheim will go up and he'll get pp time. Wilson doesnt like puck movers that cant play d.
Or we will have MacD & Folin playing 25 mins a night because of the "eye test". For you all who like the new hire, hope that he can turn Ghost back into what he was.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Is this for real? If you cant handle criticism or defrnd your opinions the internet is not a place for you. Hell, the real world isn't even for you.
The alleged “contrarians,” who are “clueless” “simpletons” whose opinions can only be based on pure disagreeableness, aren’t the ones using the “ignore” feature to filter out diverse perspectives.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

tenor.gif

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I wonder if we got enough people to sign a petition, could we get the league to stop using these "analytics" like Goals? We can all just vote on who won since our eyes are so honed.
I’m on the opposite side — hoping teams can invest some of the Seattle expansion money to change their arena scoreboards to Corsi.

Reactions: macleish1974

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lmao. The hive is having a group heart attack right now. We got a new staff whipping boy for sure.

To be fair, not 100% the response I’d prefer, either. More like — “I look at them but they’re flawed & some people go overboard.”
You talk like you don't use analytics, or like deadhead doesn't.
If the d listen he will teach them alot about D and how to play properly.
That's the hope. But we lack TEAM defense and that comes from Hak downward. I pointed out last game how Ghosts turnover was because every forward was standing still covered, and he tried to force a pass.

The forwards need to be moving all the time and be open for the D to pass to. It doesn't matter how good of a passer is, if you are passing to a covered guy, bad things are likely to happen.

And in that case the other day, I would have prefered to see Ghost circle back, wave the forwards back to gain speed thru the D and NZ and go from there. But our "system" doesn't preach that.

And even if Ghost manages to get to the redline, he then has to dump it in, and we have 3 forwards standing still so won't be able to forecheck to get on the puck/defender quickly. I am a believer of attacking as a unit...and defending as a unit.

And also pointed out was that Sanheim's turnover the other day was the same situation....forcing passes that are not there. Hagg, likely just clears the puck to the opposing D in that situation....while Gudas rifles a pass that misses everyone and goes for an icing...lol.

We upgraded our D coach on paper. I am 100% open to seeing what changes he can help make on the ice. And hopefully he helps the PK too. We need all the help we can get.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
its what makes this board so warm and inviting to new posters. That is why we have such a plethora of new posters coming to this board and sharing in their love of all things flyers.
If some people here think I’m an idiot & beneath their intellect because of some of my opinions that’s fine. I did score in the 99th percentile on an officially administered Wonderlic, so I may not be that far below their IQs, but I’ve always suspected a computer glitch.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
You talk like you don't use analytics, or like deadhead doesn't.

That's the hope. But we lack TEAM defense and that comes from Hak downward. I pointed out last game how Ghosts turnover was because every forward was standing still covered, and he tried to force a pass.

The forwards need to be moving all the time and be open for the D to pass to. It doesn't matter how good of a passer is, if you are passing to a covered guy, bad things are likely to happen.

And in that case the other day, I would have prefered to see Ghost circle back, wave the forwards back to gain speed thru the D and NZ and go from there. But our "system" doesn't preach that.

And even if Ghost manages to get to the redline, he then has to dump it in, and we have 3 forwards standing still so won't be able to forecheck to get on the puck/defender quickly. I am a believer of attacking as a unit...and defending as a unit.

And also pointed out was that Sanheim's turnover the other day was the same situation....forcing passes that are not there. Hagg, likely just clears the puck to the opposing D in that situation....while Gudas rifles a pass that misses everyone and goes for an icing...lol.

We upgraded our D coach on paper. I am 100% open to seeing what changes he can help make on the ice. And hopefully he helps the PK too. We need all the help we can get.
Agree totally and our forwards suck two way and Fletcher will dump some of this slop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad