Prospect Info: Part 3: Oskar Lindblom -- round 5 #138 overall 2014 NHL Draft

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
According to Dobber Hockey

Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek is the 2nd most deployed ES line by the Flyers this season (Giroux-Couturier-TK is by far the most common).

32.31% of Lindblom’s ES shifts this season have been with Patrick & Voracek.

9.69% with Varone & Weise.

9.43% with Weal & TK

8.69% with Couturier & Voracek

Nothing else over 2.84%.

Lindblom has 4 ES points with Patrick & Voracek.

3 ES points with Couturier & Voracek.

And no more than 1 ES point with any other line combination.

Yet his 5v5 P/60 are low end 2nd line level...

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yet his 5v5 P/60 are low end 2nd line level...
If he’s your 2nd line LW this season, I would agree you probably have a team at the low end of the standings.

4 ES pts with Patrick & Lindblom despite spending roughly 1/3 of his time so far with them — the team’s 2nd most used line at ES — is not what I want from a 2nd line winger.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom is 22 and still a NHL rookie, I'm not going to panic if he hasn't lit up the scoreboard.
With a young player, points can take a year or two, they often rush shots, fumble passes, play too fast before the game slows down for them.
Lindblom plays the game right, does the dirty work (you need at least one of these guys on a line for it to be successful if you don't have 3 uber-talents), fights for the puck along the boards, goes to the net, is defensively responsible.

I think he hit the wall earlier in the season and wasn't playing with his usual intensity and that's why Gordon demoted him.
Playing with Couts is a big boost for him, but I think he'd help Giroux more than JVR, right now that line lacks anyone who'll dig for the puck (TK is game, but he's simply not physically capable).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If he’s your 2nd line LW this season, I would agree you probably have a team at the low end of the standings.

4 ES pts with Patrick & Lindblom despite spending roughly 1/3 of his time so far with them — the team’s 2nd most used line at ES — is not what I want from a 2nd line winger.
Well in fairness, Lindblom "should" be our #3LW if Giroux is at LW. And honestly, he will have Farabee and Ratcliffe and maybe others like Rubstov coming from behind within 2 years. So he should get the chance to play now and then it's up to him to fight off others for that spot.

Instead, Hak promoted Weise for absolutely no reason to the #2LW spot. hell, when that happened, Lindblom was 4th in the league in rookie points. Dumb schmuck.

At least Gordon seems to have learned from his own mistake.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Feels like Lindblom sometimes suffers from the same kind of passiveness that prevents NP from taking large steps forward. Maybe that had something to do with the ridiculous accountability that Hak had implemented, but who knows
i think that, he as well as patrick are still figuring out their place on the team, and look to be getting better as they are starting to figure it out. it helps when the coach tells you what he wants you to do as well.

Reactions: Larry44

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Feels like Lindblom sometimes suffers from the same kind of passiveness that prevents NP from taking large steps forward. Maybe that had something to do with the ridiculous accountability that Hak had implemented, but who knows

I think it's pretty typical for young players, the NHL schedule is tougher mentally as well as physically and it takes time to learn how to pace yourself and focus.

The last few weeks both Lindblom and Patrick have started to play a stronger, more physical game, I'd love to see them back together.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well in fairness, Lindblom "should" be our #3LW if Giroux is at LW. And honestly, he will have Farabee and Ratcliffe and maybe others like Rubstov coming from behind within 2 years. So he should get the chance to play now and then it's up to him to fight off others for that spot.

Instead, Hak promoted Weise for absolutely no reason to the #2LW spot. hell, when that happened, Lindblom was 4th in the league in rookie points. Dumb schmuck.

At least Gordon seems to have learned from his own mistake.

I honestly think Hak will go down as worst coach in Flyers history.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I have questioned Lindblom's skating in the past [speed] and think his key to further success will be based on him improving in that area .
He needs to improve his skating, his shot, & his assertiveness. He at least has made a couple moves to the net lately & been stronger on the boards.

Reactions: Jtown

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I honestly think Hak will go down as worst coach in Flyers history.
I put him somewhere around 3rd worst. Cashman defintely the worst, but the next tier has a few doozies vying for second place. Berube, Stevens, Honk. Could make the arguement that as a coach Barber belongs in this group as well.

Probably some other terrible coaches before my time I am forgetting.

Reactions: Larry44

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong and this is just my opinion..

But I think Lindblom will be passed by our other prospects or a free agent signing and may be used in a trade/package

Giroux, JVR, Farabee at LW.. and if we go after Panarin like everyone wants it's a little crowded. I know he can play RW as well but we'll see if he remains a fit

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think I'd wait a year or two before making predictions on Lindblom, he dominated the SHL at 20, came over to NA and played well in the AHL and then the NHL at 21, and this year he's doing a solid job, with a big jump since he joined the Couts line.

1.67 pp/60, CF 51.82, CFrel +3.10, GF/GA 19/22, xGF 57.54, xGFrel +8.63, SCF/CA 238/182, HDCF/CA 105/62

Them are pretty outstanding advanced metrics, and not bad scoring for a 22 year old rookie forward.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I'd put Hak above Berube, Stevens, and Cashman, although all I know about him is stories as I never saw him coach.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
But that was mostly Cashman's job. He was the in "just go out and have fun, boys" part of the cycle. Hakstol utterly failed at what he was assigned to do.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I put him somewhere around 3rd worst. Cashman defintely the worst, but the next tier has a few doozies vying for second place. Berube, Stevens, Honk. Could make the arguement that as a coach Barber belongs in this group as well.

Probably some other terrible coaches before my time I am forgetting.

My list of worst Flyers head coaches starts with Cashman, Barber, and Holmgren.

Then you have a next “mediocre” tier which is a jumble of Berube, Stevens, Simpson, McCammon, Ramsay, Hakstol, Dineen, & probably now Gordon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad