Prospect Info: Part 3: Oskar Lindblom -- round 5 #138 overall 2014 NHL Draft

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
download (5).jpg

LEAVE HIM W/PATRICK FOR CHRIST SAKES...LET THEM GEL.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Oskar may never be player with +60 points seasons, but he is just that type of core player what contender team need. I can imagine that he will be Flyers for many years, earn contract about 4-5 mil (to today prices of course) per year and will be second or third liner with great two-way game!

And everyone contender team need these players. Pittsburgh had/have these players in Rust or Hagelin, LA in Pearson or Toffoli etc...

Here I must to say this: Thank you, Hexy and scouts for draft him. Oskar from 5th round was excellent pick!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Oskar may never be player with +60 points seasons, but he is just that type of core player what contender team need. I can imagine that he will be Flyers for many years, earn contract about 4-5 mil (to today prices of course) per year and will be second or third liner with great two-way game!

And everyone contender team need these players. Pittsburgh had/have these players in Rust or Hagelin, LA in Pearson or Toffoli etc...

Here I must to say this: Thank you, Hexy and scouts for draft him. Oskar from 5th round was excellent pick!

As I said a few years ago... I thought he would basically be a more talented skill-wise, slower Michael Raffl who had ~50 point potential.

And he is pretty much that (hopefully the 50 points one day soon!), and I think already better than Raffl, who is still a damn good #9 forward.

I mean, I touted his defense for ages, but even I am surprised how effective he has been in the NHL defensively already.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
As I said a few years ago... I thought he would basically be a more talented skill-wise, slower Michael Raffl who had ~50 point potential.

And he is pretty much that (hopefully the 50 points one day soon!), and I think already better than Raffl, who is still a damn good #9 forward.

I mean, I touted his defense for ages, but even I am surprised how effective he has been in the NHL defensively already.
And that's what I mean.

And yeah, Raffl is still good. If we resign him and put him to 4th line, it would be so amazing for us!

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Lindblom has a lot more upside than Raffl. Raffl plays so helter-skelter and out of control, Lindblom has more patience to do stuff with the puck. Lindblom will be a stalwart on the third line and a guy who is much better when he plays up in the lineup. I think he'll be one of those 18 goal 20 assist type guys with a chance to do a bit more if he gets a lot of 1LW/2LW time.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Lindblom has a lot more upside than Raffl. Raffl plays so helter-skelter and out of control, Lindblom has more patience to do stuff with the puck. Lindblom will be a stalwart on the third line and a guy who is much better when he plays up in the lineup. I think he'll be one of those 18 goal 20 assist type guys with a chance to do a bit more if he gets a lot of 1LW/2LW time.

Oh yeh, but defensively, on the boards, positionally in regards to the areas they like to go to, and even how they PK is reminiscent of each other.

But Lindblom just has more skill with better hands and offensive IQ. Just wish he had Raffl's skating (even though it is fine)!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom is playing well b/c he's playing with Couts.
Trend the last four years, almost every forward plays better with Couts at center.
Which probably explains part of TK's struggles, he's no longer playing with Couts.

Now I like Lindblom and think he's a legitimate 2LW with the right center down the road, which will probably be Patrick if G moves back to LW with Couts when Frost becomes the 3C. He's probably our best forward along the boards already, and has solid offensive skills, just needs the game to slow down a bit so he finished plays more consistently.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I wonder what Lindblom's splits are when playing up in the lineup vs down.

I know he had something line 10 points in 21ish games to start the year, and then Weise got promoted to the 2nd line over him for no reason.

And then under Gorgon, was still on the 4th line for most of the time.

I wonder what his points are and # of games are on games when he was used as a top 6 winger.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Lindblom looked good with Patrick and Voracek, even when Patrick wasn't doing anything.

That said, I'd still rather see him at 3LW, PP2 and PK1 next season. The team needs an infusion of high-end talent whether it be Panarin, Tarasenko, Seguin etc.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
According to Dobber Hockey

Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek is the 2nd most deployed ES line by the Flyers this season (Giroux-Couturier-TK is by far the most common).

32.31% of Lindblom’s ES shifts this season have been with Patrick & Voracek.

9.69% with Varone & Weise.

9.43% with Weal & TK

8.69% with Couturier & Voracek

Nothing else over 2.84%.

Lindblom has 4 ES points with Patrick & Voracek.

3 ES points with Couturier & Voracek.

And no more than 1 ES point with any other line combination.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->