Prospect Info: Part 3: Oskar Lindblom -- round 5 #138 overall 2014 NHL Draft

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Nice little point streak, was high on the guy before the start of last year and was a little surprised he didnt get to play. Thats why im not in charge of a pro roster tho lol, either way hes gettin his shot now and makin it count.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The articles shows how, even coming from dominating the SHL, which is probably a half notch above the AHL, Lindblom had to adjust to smaller rinks, and a faster paced game. He had an adjustment period in the AHL, an adjustment period in the NHL and in the playoffs. It shows why expectations should be tempered initially with most prospects, it takes time to jump from juniors/college to the AHL (or sideways from the SHL or KHL), then to the NHL, then to a major role in the NHL and to the playoffs. How fast players adjust, how much they need to be sheltered through the process will vary from player to player.

Lindblom showed he's a pretty fast learner, a little more than a year out of the SHL he's now a fixture on the 2nd line.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
7 points in the last 5 games, so is the real Lindblom arrived?
:crossfing

Most saw that he had good chemistry last year with Patrick and Jake despite the points not showing it. No different to start the season. Hopefully they continue to gain more and more confidence and produce on the scoresheet. I keep that line together all year along with Jake....let JVR be a scoring threat from the 3rd line getting easier matchups.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom and Patrick have chemistry, most lines are really pairs and a third player who is often interchangeable.

Right now we have Giroux - Couts and Lindblom - Patrick, who will JVR bond to?
Could go JVR - Frost next year, but I have my eyes on Ratcliffe - Frost in the long run.
And of course Farabee will fit with everyone, most likely.
Which illustrates a concern, far more LH depth at forward than RH.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
This guy was top-5 in rookie scoring a few weeks ago, and how does The Hak reward him? By sticking his on the 4th line

I really don't know who The Hak has misused worse: JVR or Lindblom
Hägg and MacDonald are up there. How can MacD go from being scratched to playing 20 minutes a game. Makes zero f***ing sense.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Isn't he on pace for like 35 right now? So he's already performing over your expected peek in a system that doesn't promote a lot of offence?

You feel he has no more room for growth?

I was talking about goals, not points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad