Post-Game Talk: Park Rangers in Denver | Shatten-who?!

member 116861

Roy says McLeod is day to day with an ankle injury.

Our resident doctors fearing ACL are wrong again. Close.

Sweet. I know a lot of people are not a fan of his on these boards but we will need him during the playoffs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I mentioned it could be an ankle :sarcasm:

Big break for us.

You get to keep your medical license.......for now.

Sweet. I know a lot of people are not a fan of his on these boards but we will need him during the playoffs.

He had a rough season and IMO, deserved a lot of the criticism he was getting. He was never the worst player on the team like some said but he wasn't far off. Glad to see him playing well and hopefully he keeps playing that way in the playoffs.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
also, i wish stastny had more goal scoring abilities, i saw at least 2 times he should have scored a goal, and i only watched the 3rd and ot

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So Roy told Barrie exactly what to do in the SO? Cool.

Sacco would've told him to try the dump and chase.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Hahaha Barrie is so clutch
It's been a long time since I've seen a luckier team than this years Avs
I'll take it
So drunk

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Fun game to watch!!

Anyone else think Landeskog was the worst player on the ice tonight for us? I thought it was one of his worst games; 2 really lazy penalties, lots of turnovers and bad passes, produced little to no offense. Just not one of his better performances.

m0ngr31

I finally made it to a game again. First time I've been since Stewie's hat trick :cry:. Lot's of Rangers fans there tonight making lots of noise, but we got the last laugh.

I couldn't even hear Varly talking when he was doing the 1st star interview everyone was cheering his name so loud.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fun game to watch!!

Anyone else think Landeskog was the worst player on the ice tonight for us? I thought it was one of his worst games; 2 really lazy penalties, lots of turnovers and bad passes, produced little to no offense. Just not one of his better performances.

Had a rough game for sure but he might have been our best forward after his third penalty.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I'm particularly enjoying EJ's success because it felt like me against the world supporting him at times. Even many people here were doubting him at one point.

He's ALWAYS been this talented, Sacco just utilized him poorly.

I'm pretty sure 90 % of my posts have been spent defending EJ.:laugh: He seemed to be on the ice the entire 3rd and OT. Game winner doesn't happen if he doesn't keep that puck in. Love that he got another point. I can't believe people still complain about him.

I can't get over how good Varly is. He would never win the Hart, but he means so damn much to this team it is insane. Words can't describe how good he is.

Obligatory "where is that Dater tweet saying the Avs are trading Barrie?" 11 goals in 58 games. Possible 15 goal scorer next season?

Avs looked great in the third. Other two periods were "meh."

O'Reilly needs Duchene back. Mitchell needs to not pass the puck. MacKinnon may be struggling, but still creates at least one amazing chance a game. Benoit had a good game jumping up. Hejda/Guenin were relatively unnoticeable.

Hopefully the Avs can start winning in regulation again.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
MacKinnon is an 18 year old whose never played this many games in his life. He's clearly hit a wall and I don't see why everyone is so tough on him. Very few rookies are immune to hitting that wall.

This team is having fun. Listening to Moser interview Varly in the post-game on the radio, you could hear Landeskog yelling "T-Boobs" in the background at Barrie 3 or 4 times.

The entire top 6 had rough nights. O'Reilly was really bad, IMO.

I think Benoit has been pretty good over the last 10 games or so after a really rough stretch. I have no idea why he was scratched last game, but whatever.

m0ngr31

Couple of other things I noticed during the game:

-There was some confusion between Roy and Barrie right before the faceoff where Barrie eventually scored. Roy kept telling him something, but Barrie couldn't hear and you could eventually see Roy wave his arms in frustration right before the puck got dropped. Worked out well though.

-The refs and Bordy seem to have a good relationship or something. Bordy was always talking to them and you could see the refs smiling. Saw it a few times tonight.

-Someone should have punch Carcillo in his smug little face.

-ROR gave his stick to a little girl when he was leaving the ice. It was awesome. She didn't know what to do with it. She just held it there until an adult could help her get it over the bar. haha

-The McCleod injury looked pretty bad where I was, hopefully he's okay soon.

-And some poor kid a few rows up from me took a puck to the nose. He was bleeding all over. One of the trainers threw him a towel.

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
Couple of other things I noticed during the game:

-ROR gave his stick to a little girl when he was leaving the ice. It was awesome. She didn't know what to do with it. She just held it there until an adult could help her get it over the bar. haha

Kind of a tangent but any idea why the Avs don't give sticks away during the 3 stars? All of the teams in Southern California do it so I thought it was a standard thing around the league but I've noticed they never do.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
OMG. How Sacco ever gave Hunwick that many minutes is actually beyond me. There's actually nothing at all that makes sense about it. Mind boggling.

Like too many coaches in the NHL (*cough*Oates*cough*) he looks at effort level and nothing else. It doesn't matter if the guy plays absolutely stupid hockey, Sacco loved the "compete." :shakehead

Guess he thought Hunwick was "hard to play against" when the exact opposite was true.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I haven't had this much fun watching an Avs team since '96.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had this much fun watching the Avs either. I think the winning combined with meager expectations going into the season has made this a thrill ride of epic proportions. And it's not just one player carrying the way, the Avs are getting contributions from a ton of players.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I loved the 96 team, but they weren't nearly as good as our 2001 team.

Not so sure about that. That '96 team was ridiculously stacked up front. And maybe the D didn't sport the "big 3" that the 2001 team did, but it was pretty deep and talented nonetheless. I think if the '96 team and '01 teams faced off, '96 would win. And I'm saying that as a still card-carrying member of the Church of Bourque.

I'm having fun watching this year because there are ZERO expectations. I have to admit I got a little overly stressed back in 2001 because I felt like it was Ray's last shot, and expectations for that team were sky-high. This team? Making the playoffs has deemed this year an unmitigated success, everything afterwards is now just a bonus.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
For all the crap past couple of years, it's great to see guys having fun out there on the ice.

Oh and EJ picking up another point, important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad