Post-Game Talk: Park Rangers in Denver | Shatten-who?!

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm particularly enjoying EJ's success because it felt like me against the world supporting him at times. Even many people here were doubting him at one point.

He's ALWAYS been this talented, Sacco just utilized him poorly.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
I honestly thought we would score when we were cycling down low keeping the puck in your zone for over a minute and then that icing call. Knew you guys were winning after we didn't capitalize. Good luck the rest of the way but the Hawks are a different animal in the playoffs! Def gonna watch that series.

member 116861

There are still idiots at the Pepsi Center who rip on Johnson even after the season he's had. It's annoying. Figured he would have shut them up by now.

I've ran into those type of guys on Twitter. Are they not watching the Avs this season?!?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What happened to McLeod? I read it off Duchene's tweets of all things.

Wow what a game by Barrie. Was it as much of a miracle comeback as it looked in the boxscore?

Knee or ankle depending on what gave out first (probably knee). It happened when he fell back on it after an awkward collision.

Avs pushed hard in the end, so not quite a miracle... But it always feels good to tie it up with an empty net.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I'm particularly enjoying EJ's success because it felt like me against the world supporting him at times. Even many people here were doubting him at one point.

He's ALWAYS been this talented, Sacco just utilized him poorly.

It was really hard to evaluate anyone playing for Sacco because he was such a bad coach.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I honestly thought we would score when we were cycling down low keeping the puck in your zone for over a minute and then that icing call. Knew you guys were winning after we didn't capitalize. Good luck the rest of the way but the Hawks are a different animal in the playoffs! Def gonna watch that series.

Crawford is a sieve against us. He has a career 0.866 save percentage in 10 games. By far the worst of any opponent of his.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
There are still idiots at the Pepsi Center who rip on Johnson even after the season he's had. It's annoying. Figured he would have shut them up by now.
It's probably because Dater ripped him in the past all the time. There are some people that agrees with Dater's tweet all the time, it's sad sometimes.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was going to come in here and bash MacKinnon, McGinn, and ROR for lack of scoring in the most recent games. And well they still deserve, MacKinnon has some of the worst stick skillz. For every one McGinn goal, there is at least 20 missed shots (15 glass, 3 posts, 2 board signs, 0 on net). ROR was good.

Stostny had a particularly bad game and looked like John Scott on the Powerplay. But enough of the negatives, this is a character win against a very good goaler and team.

Also that had to be one of the best EJ games this season.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Man what a finish to the game. Never say die attitude and Roy draws up another gem with the goalie pulled.

-Barrie is this Avs generation of Sandis Ozolinsh. He'll never be a stud in his own end and thats ok but when you take the reigns off him he can be electric. He can be devastating to defend against when we are pressing for a goal because of how quick and elusive he is plus he has great hands.

EJ is a machine. In fact hes like a washing machine. He cleans up anything you throw his way with ease.

Varly is a stud and deserves the vezina, even though he wont win it due to eastern bias and Rask playing behind a powerhouse defence. Absolutely amazing. Washington must be shaking their heads about how they let him go.

Mackinnon needs to pull his head out of his arse before the playoffs start. What the heck was he doing in OT in our own zone when he was just standing their frozen? Bizarre.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
If we win two and take one into ot, just five points and Chico loses one game, we are in second place. It's looking like about 85% chance avs take second! I'd go to 8 th seed if it would give me a healthy team, but that's not reality. Reality is we are gritty and taking second spot. 6 games left, 3 points up on a Hawks and a game in hand and tiebreaker.. I'm partying now baby and savor ing the joy of now being in the top tier of the nhl at least for points. How good would we be if we had some d help?
I say that after a game with goals by two d men! Lol
Go avs, run the table!

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Just a stat for everyone to think about. How many times have the Avs pulled the goalie this year with more than 2 minutes left? I'm not sure, but they've only been scored on 6 times. Think about it for a minute.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
People that want to complain about MacK... He is a rookie that has obviously hit the wall. He is lacking confidence and is probably as tired/run down/beat up as he has ever been playing hockey. It sucks that he is struggling, but it is far from unusual and he shouldnt be expected to carry this team.

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012

Crawford is a sieve against us. He has a career 0.866 save percentage in 10 games. By far the worst of any opponent of his.

Remember though, come playoff time it's a different animal and we're going to turn into a pumpkin while even Chicago's mediocre players will all turn into Patrick Kane. :sarcasm:

I understand that there's pressure and it's a *little* different, but I really hate the "different animal" bs where people think that the teams are suddenly going to have different identities. It's entirely possible colorado goes on a cold streak and gets destroyed, but Crawford isn't suddenly going to turn into vintage Patrick Roy and Varly (probably) isn't going to turn into Devan Dubnyk. He did quite well in the one playoff run he had as a young kid.

PepsiCenterMagic

Food is Great
Jul 17, 2013
MacKinnon is just getting the "star treatment" from opposing teams.

But man, did you see his stick handling when he brought the puck in, and DIDNT PASS? When he decides to drive the net, he becomes unstoppable. He needs to do this every time.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day

Wow .866? That's beyond terrible, lol. Not even AHL numbers. To be honest, even teams that sweep others in the regular season, sometimes lose in the playoffs. Lets look at the match ups against the well-oiled machine that is the Hawks, shall we?

Offense- slight advantage to the Hawks (which is a compliment to you guys)
Defense- as much as you guys play great team D, the Hawks are a top 3 unit in the league, but where you guys do have a advantage is in net with Varly. If you guys haven't seen his playoff series in '09 against the Pens, please do, he was a savage on the ice. Like Freudian pointed out, he is one of the most intimidating goalies out there. 1.Rask. 2. Smith. 3. Varlamov 4. Quick. 5. Lehtonen

Moving on, as much as I think the Hawks have 2 advantages in offense and defense, I still can see the Avs extending the series on pure heart, faster younger legs, and Roy's ballsy, strategic coaching. Wish you guys the best of luck and we had a hell of a back and forth series this year!

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
MacKinnon is just getting the "star treatment" from opposing teams.

But man, did you see his stick handling when he brought the puck in, and DIDNT PASS? When he decides to drive the net, he becomes unstoppable. He needs to do this every time.

He wasn't all bad tonight despite what some people are saying. Had a few good back checks, and his passing was pretty good. In the end, he's an 18 year old rookie, and it's going to be a process of figuring it all out.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Roy says McLeod is day to day with an ankle injury.

Our resident doctors fearing ACL are wrong again. Close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad