Post-Game Talk: Park Rangers in Denver | Shatten-who?!

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
First question was how the team keeps winning those close comeback games. He said that they are always battling for the whole 60 minutes and therefore find ways to win those games.

Then Julie told him that he tied Patrick Roy's home wins record and asked him how he feels about it. He responded that he didn't know about the record but it's obviously a cool thing to do.

That's pretty much it, in the end and also during the questions he also thanked the fans for coming out and supporting him and the team and also for the Varly chants.

The interview was a couple questions shorter than usually, probably due to the noisy crowd! :)

I loved his reaction to the chanting, he just kind of smiled as if embarrassed, and then thanked them

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I agree. And he set up in his office behind the net a few times and held possession.
:laugh:

I also liked when Carcillo pretended like he was going to drop the gloves with Bordeleau. That would have been ugly.

Also, this just blows my mind:

Picture_23.png

6 games to go in the season after the Avs picked first overall, and they're an option on this poll.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
God, that gif is awesome.

Bordy doesnt come out and just give him the usual fist bump to the glove and helmet to helmet thing all the players do with the goalie, he comes out amd gives Varly a legit hug.....and Varly hugs him back.

To say these guys are enjoying this would be an understatement.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Remember back when Sacco was behind the bench and pulling the goalie meant we'll lose by 2 instead of by just 1. Good times.

What's amazing is how good they are with the goalie pulled. Last year it meant an automatic EN goal against. This year they can play five minutes straight with the goalie pulled and not give one up. It really feels like they practice this regularly, because they're amazing at controlling the puck 6 on 5 which isn't easy.

Have they even given up an EN goal this year? I feel like maybe one but I can't remember it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Fun game to watch!!

Anyone else think Landeskog was the worst player on the ice tonight for us? I thought it was one of his worst games; 2 really lazy penalties, lots of turnovers and bad passes, produced little to no offense. Just not one of his better performances.

I think a lot of that can be blamed on inconsistent officiating. When players see teams getting away with blatant interference all game, they think that's how the refs plan on calling it, so they start to do it themselves to keep from giving up an advantage.

Unfortunately, the refs seemed to only want to call interference on one team for some idiotic reason. Landy was not happy about the calls. He was yelling at the refs and you never see him do that.

Anybody else notice the stark contrast in how the east plays the game vs the west? So many games against eastern teams this year have featured the eastern team using interference like it was 1999 again. You rarely see it at that level against western teams. The refs seem to want to let them get away with it too.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
What's amazing is how good they are with the goalie pulled. Last year it meant an automatic EN goal against. This year they can play five minutes straight with the goalie pulled and not give one up. It really feels like they practice this regularly, because they're amazing at controlling the puck 6 on 5 which isn't easy.

Have they even given up an EN goal this year? I feel like maybe one but I can't remember it.

I feel like they said on the air last night that we gave up 6 goals on the EN and scored 4 with the goalie pulled. But that doesn't feel right.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Really? I can't remember any of them.

Chris Stewart for sure. It's been a while though and only 6 this year is pretty good.

Part of what makes this year so much fun for me is I'm a legit fan of every guy on the team. I can't say that really about any other team I'm a fan of. I love seeing each of them succeed and how they come together as a team. All their jokes, crazy instagrams, interviews, ect make me happy. It really feels like we are enjoying it along with them and they deserve it. Pretty awesome that even when the year is over it's going to continue on.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I feel like they said on the air last night that we gave up 6 goals on the EN and scored 4 with the goalie pulled. But that doesn't feel right.

Chris Stewart for sure. It's been a while though and only 6 this year is pretty good.

Part of what makes this year so much fun for me is I'm a legit fan of every guy on the team. I can't say that really about any other team I'm a fan of. I love seeing each of them succeed and how they come together as a team. All their jokes, crazy instagrams, interviews, ect make me happy. It really feels like we are enjoying it along with them and they deserve it. Pretty awesome that even when the year is over it's going to continue on.

Looks like there has been a few, I went back and checked. My count was five but maybe I missed one.

Nashville - Gabriel Bourque
St Louis - Chris Stewart
Toronto - Jay McClement
LA - Justin Williams
Montreal - Dale Weise

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Regarding Landeskog - I have no idea why he was *****ing to the refs about his calls. Two of the three were no-brainers to me, can't remember the other one. Maybe he was pissed at some missed calls against the Rangers?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm assuming it's nothing since we haven't heard anything but anyone notice Varly was in some pain/discomfort in the shootout? After the first attempt you see him awkwardly leaning to the left as he skates to the bench, after the second attempt they show him bent over at the bench, and then again after he celebrates with Bordeleau.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Looks like there has been a few, I went back and checked. My count was five but maybe I missed one.

Nashville - Gabriel Bourque
St Louis - Chris Stewart
Toronto - Jay McClement
LA - Justin Williams
Montreal - Dale Weise

Didn't Philly score an EN late against us.

I'm assuming it's nothing since we haven't heard anything but anyone notice Varly was in some pain/discomfort in the shootout? After the first attempt you see him awkwardly leaning to the left as he skates to the bench, after the second attempt they show him bent over at the bench, and then again after he celebrates with Bordeleau.
Varly was giving interviews normally after the game.
I remember 5-10 games ago he seemed to have a hurt shoulder/chest.

Maybe it's something minor. Hard to tell.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Varly was giving interviews normally after the game.
I remember 5-10 games ago he seemed to have a hurt shoulder/chest.

Maybe it's something minor. Hard to tell.

During the Phoenix game.

I'm sure Varly isn't 100% right now, but is healthy enough to play... just like the rest of the team. That is why it would be nice to give him a break over the final two games of the season.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'm sure Varly isn't 100% right now, but is healthy enough to play... just like the rest of the team. That is why it would be nice to give him a break over the final two games of the season.
That is how I feel as well. Hopefully he'll be able to get some rest at the end.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

After watching the first shot attempt on him again and his reaction afterwards it looks like he either has a rib injury and was squeezing it with his arm or his shoulder is out of place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad