Parise Scratched

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Zach Parise, on the ice during an overextended shift when the Vegas Golden Knights tied Monday night’s game with an extra attacker on, will not play in Wednesday night’s rematch. Parise will be a healthy scratch for the first time in his Wild career and only the second time in his 16-year NHL career.
With the Golden Knights’ pushing for the tying goal two nights ago, the veteran left wing didn’t go for a line change with Nico Sturm and Marcus Foligno on his final shift. Parise would end up logging 1 minute, 33 seconds, on the shift and played a part in deflecting Max Pacioretty’s cross-slot pass right to Mark Stone.
Instants later, Stone teed Alex Tuch up for the tying goal in an eventual overtime win for Vegas. [\QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: banks and HotDish

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
As a neutral fan, that's a surprise.

Can any Wild fans explain more about this "didn't come off for a line change" business? Did he just get stuck out there, or was he maybe being selfish? What's up?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
As a neutral fan, that's a surprise.

Can any Wild fans explain more about this "didn't come off for a line change" business? Did he just get stuck out there, or was he maybe being selfish? What's up?

didnt take a change after a dump in the other end after a long shift, instead persued the puck to try to get ENG. puck was brought back into wild zone. vegas tied game late in the 3rd, wild lose in overtime. basically the epitomy of selfish

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
He was never going to live up to that contract, but i guess they got a bit of milage out of him and it didn't turn into a disaster right away.

Next year will be rough but then the deal is real cheap right?

Reactions: Chrisinroch

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
didnt take a change after a dump in the other end after a long shift, instead persued the puck to try to get ENG. puck was brought back into wild zone. vegas tied game late in the 3rd, wild lose in overtime. basically the epitomy of selfish
And Parise was in a position to prevent the tying goal. If it was a fresh player, maybe they would have.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
He was never going to live up to that contract, but i guess they got a bit of milage out of him and it didn't turn into a disaster right away.

Deal is cheap starting next year, so could help a cap floor team quite nicely, but he would have to waive.

Even though it will not provide cap relief, I would not be surprised if Parise is bought out if only to a save bit of $ and also allow the Wild to protect 1 more player in the expansion draft.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL

I remember their owner publicly saying how hard it is to make money as an NHL owner early in 2012. He then signed Parise and Suter to those reckless contacts during the last free agency period before the 2012 lockout. I feel sorry for Wild fans for those contracts, but I don't care one bit that their owner has to navigate those cap hits for several more years to come.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019

This is the story. Getting scratched is a direct result from this.

Coming into the thread, I assumed his play just declined enough to warrant sitting one out.

@KaprizovSaveUs, would you be able to add a description to the OP? I couldn't get the story from the tweet alone. I'd bet most neutral fans would want to hear this part. It's a big deal.

That's a terrible thing for any player to do, but worse for a vet leader. He hurt the team bad, and deserves the scratch.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad