Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
to be fair,
Kap has been solid this season
Liljegren is a blue chip prospect prob get his chance next season
2019 1st
really the only piece that is lousy is Bracco
how much do u expect to get for Parayko?
How bout this.
Tor Mathews
Stl parayko Thomas barbashev 2nd end 2019

Looks gross offering multiple pieces to obtain a big piece. This is in no way me offering or proposing a trade for Mathews but using an example that quantity doesn't equa l quality.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
How bout this.
Tor Mathews
Stl parayko Thomas barbashev 2nd end 2019

Looks gross offering multiple pieces to obtain a big piece. This is in no way me offering or proposing a trade for Mathews but using an example that quantity doesn't equa l quality.
But Matthews is a franchise center, return would be different. way different.

prob little tweaking in a Parayko offer. but I dont see something like
Kap + Liljrgren + 1st + another bluechip (in place of Bracco) being out of question. how much else can u really expect?

if Kap isnt the center piece your team is looking for then obviously this wouldnt work. but this is by no means a horrible offer. maybe another pick is added because its a late 1st.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
But Matthews is a franchise center, return would be different. way different.

prob little tweaking in a Parayko offer. but I dont see something like
Kap + Liljrgren + 1st + another bluechip (in place of Bracco) being out of question. how much else can u really expect?

if Kap isnt the center piece your team is looking for then obviously this wouldnt work. but this is by no means a horrible offer. maybe another pick is added because its a late 1st.

When you can't replace a certain player, you can't replace his minutes and your defense would collapse with out him. Then you just don't trade him. I get it you want to put a bunch of small pieces together to pay for a top pairing Dman capable of munching up a lot of minutes like the 28 mins he did against edm. At this point kap has produced in a small sample size surrounded by a really talented team. Imo he isn't enough as the basis for a trade. Blues are better off retooling around parayko then rebuilding around in proven lesser pieces.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
When you can't replace a certain player, you can't replace his minutes and your defense would collapse with out him. Then you just don't trade him. I get it you want to put a bunch of small pieces together to pay for a top pairing Dman capable of munching up a lot of minutes like the 28 mins he did against edm. At this point kap has produced in a small sample size surrounded by a really talented team. Imo he isn't enough as the basis for a trade. Blues are better off retooling around parayko then rebuilding around in proven lesser pieces.

You need help with scoring. How about Pacioretty for Parayko or Thomas + 1st?

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Kostin is a rare blend of skill and toughness that I wouldn't part with for Bracco. He may or may not develop into an NHLer but I'd prefer to keep him and find out. He plays a true power forward game stylistically and reminds me a ton of a young Nino Neddereiter.

I agree. That's why i want him. lol

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
ok yeah I agree. and as a fan Id rather it be Kap but I know its not enough. leafs would have to add another blue chip to this offer. but would make more sense

I wonder what people would think with Dermott being part of the deal.

I don't think he could fill the hole that would be left by either Pietrangelo or Parayko. That is the root of the issue. You guys have some nice pieces and future pieces but this isn't exactly a club that is going to undergo an overhaul and not try to compete by next year. I would be willing to imagine that if either are moved it would be Pietrangelo before Parayko just due to a change in culture and it seems highly unlikely that we would move either of them before shipping out a forward first. The thing is Zaitsev would more than likely have to be included in the deal and a pretty damn good futures package attached.

Reactions: Oley49

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I don't think he could fill the hole that would be left by either Pietrangelo or Parayko. That is the root of the issue. You guys have some nice pieces and future pieces but this isn't exactly a club that is going to undergo an overhaul and not try to compete by next year. I would be willing to imagine that if either are moved it would be Pietrangelo before Parayko just due to a change in culture and it seems highly unlikely that we would move either of them before shipping out a forward first. The thing is Zaitsev would more than likely have to be included in the deal and a pretty damn good futures package attached.

I have been looking at Zaits stats and he is barely a third pairing guy. I know he is better than last year. I just dont think Tor has the right pieces if they decide they dont want to trade nylander. I just dont see Kapenan as that great of a piece. Any no reason to beat a dead horse. I think blues are better off holding onto Parayko and petro.

Reactions: Snowman

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
I'm saying he and Friedman have been just saying sheet. That's their jib. What has he predicted that actually happened
You’ve brought up Friedman twice now and I haven’t brought him up at all. It’s obvious you have some kind of agenda against him but don’t bring that straw man argument over here. And the cases where Mackenzie floats and idea out there as a “hunch” happens all the time. But I guess you’re a fair weather observer so this seems like a lost cause.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I have been looking at Zaits stats and he is barely a third pairing guy. I know he is better than last year. I just dont think Tor has the right pieces if they decide they dont want to trade nylander. I just dont see Kapenan as that great of a piece. Any no reason to beat a dead horse. I think blues are better off holding onto Parayko and petro.

We are. But for the sake of insanity and these Parayko/Pietro to the Leafs posts he's the closest thing they have to fill the hole.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You’ve brought up Friedman twice now and I haven’t brought him up at all. It’s obvious you have some kind of agenda against him but don’t bring that straw man argument over here. And the cases where Mackenzie floats and idea out there as a “hunch” happens all the time. But I guess you’re a fair weather observer so this seems like a lost cause.
No I don't have any agenda. Just because an analyst says something doesn't make it real. Explain why the blues would destroy their defense for players that don't improve the team. Just because something is said doesn't make it real.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
We are. But for the sake of insanity and these Parayko/Pietro to the Leafs posts he's the closest thing they have to fill the hole.

I hear you. He just is not a dma n i would want for 4 years more especially if they think he adds value to a trade

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Lmao yes please help the Blues by taking on Parayko for scraps while he’s in his prime. That should 100% help St-Louis
Considering we are one of 30 other farm clubs for the Leafs, it is probably time they call him up to the bigs and send down some players our way who aren't playing up to par.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
to not give up Nylander or Marner, it would cost the Leafs at least Kadri, Brown, Zaitsev, and Liljegren
that's 40-50 goals (Brown scored 20 as a 2nd/3rd line rookie, and would produce if used higher in the lineup), a 2nd pairing RHD and a promising RHD
that is a huge package, but, the only way i can see any chance for not having one of the 2 (Nylander/Marner) not in the deal

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Considering we are one of 30 other farm clubs for the Leafs, it is probably time they call him up to the bigs and send down some players our way who aren't playing up to par.

I think something around Leivo and Bracco and a late pick could do the trick...

Oh wait...

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Yea but the Blues suck and a number of connected and respected hockey people say there are rumblings that the blues want to make changes and they have mentioned Parayko as someone who could be moved. So fans can cry foul all they want on these boards but when insiders bring stuff like this up it’s gonna make some noise.
I think nobody has a problem with people bringing up trade ideas and posting trades, as that is that point of this part of the site. I think the frustrating part is fans posting the usual "here's my stuff that I no longer care about, because they've outlived their usefulness, but it is a whole bunch of them" for your "impact, solid, proven player".

I know it's every fans' fantasy to turn guys that you would just as soon put on waivers into a solid player. It just gets a little annoying, when they are told no, that they continue on for pages trying to convince everyone (and probably themselves) that the marginal players represent good value for the impact player.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
to not give up Nylander or Marner, it would cost the Leafs at least Kadri, Brown, Zaitsev, and Liljegren
that's 40-50 goals (Brown scored 20 as a 2nd/3rd line rookie, and would produce if used higher in the lineup), a 2nd pairing RHD and a promising RHD
that is a huge package, but, the only way i can see any chance for not having one of the 2 (Nylander/Marner) not in the deal

Blues do not need Kadri. They currently have ROR, Schenn, Thomas, Bozak, Barbashev. They need defense. So how does Kadri, Brown help the blues. Zaits is not even a very good dman. Please take in the blues team needs before making an offer. Like i said before if Nylander isnt in the mix then we need Kapp, Liljgren and Sandin. If thats two hard to swallow then we are better off just keeping Parayko. The idea is to try and get better not to give up the best Piece, (top pairing dman) for smaller pieces that dont help the blues. Also please stop offering Gardnier as well. A pending UFA doesnt help the blues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad