Proposal: Parayko to the Leafs.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
We need better RHD, but just enough that the other team's gameplan isn't "throw it at Hainsey/Zaitsev/Polak and get 2 guys in hard on them". A Boychuk/Hjalmarsson type of trade is what we need, not gutting the team for one guy.

Polak isn't on Leafs this year. But I will agree maybe acquisition closing to TDL for modest improvement will do. But even at that who does Hjalmarsson replace? Probably Ozhignokov. You may not like Hainsey and Zaitsev, but if you trade for one new RHD, Hainsey and Zaitsev are still playing 40 minutes a game.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Since quite a few Leafs fans seem to be missing a critical point here I'll go ahead and say it.

You will have to overpay to even generate interest in moving Parayko. There is likely 0 INTEREST IN MOVING THIS PLAYER, value doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Furthermore if the Blues did make him available we would have many actual competitive offers to choose from besides your collection of unnecessary parts.

Then what's the point of even making the proposal? Because the Leafs obviously aren't moving Marner.

If you don't think the Blues are moving Parayko, then just say as much. A bad trade proposal as a roundabout way to make that point is still a bad trade proposal.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Then what's the point of even making the proposal? Because the Leafs obviously aren't moving Marner.

If you don't think the Blues are moving Parayko, then just say as much. A bad trade proposal as a roundabout way to make that point is still a bad trade proposal.
It has already been mentioned in this thread probably 5 or 10 times that Parayko isn't being moved. It hasn't stopped Leaf fans from posting the same lowball offers over and over.

So, just saying the Blues aren't moving Parayko seems to have had no effect.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
And what if we don't need or want Nylander?

It doesnt matter what the blues need.

giphy.gif

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

One guy countered with Marner. One. Guy.

That isn't "many" last time I checked. Meanwhile in Leafs land some guy posts a new Parayko to the Leafs thread like every other day.

Go ahead and search Parayko/Leafs or Blues/Leafs proposals. When you're done cataloging that extensive list search out Marner/Blues. That 2nd part shouldn't take long because there simply haven't been Blues fans offering up Parayko left and right.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007

I never made any proposal because trading Colton Parayko simply isn't in the Blues best interests.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
In this instance, A "Hockey Trade" Player A for Player B and possibly a pick/prospect to balance.

Not named Nylander
personally I think St. Louis would be open to a retooling trade if the outlook is still the same come the deadline, the need for immediate contributions probably isn't there for them if the team is going to be bad

but if you're saying one of Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Rielly as the return then it doesn't make sense for Toronto

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Honestly if I was the leafs I would be calling up the canes and try to work a deal around nylander for slavin. Canes seem to have pretty good depth on D.

Gonna be tough to pry Paryako away from the blues.

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Honestly if I was the leafs I would be calling up the canes and try to work a deal around nylander for slavin. Canes seem to have pretty good depth on D.

Gonna be tough to pry Paryako away from the blues.
left side is more than fine for the Leafs, right side is really weak. I think it would look terrible on the organization to sign a guy long term, tell him he won't be traded during the course of the contract (that's on record since the signing), then turn around and trade him. Dubas also just traded Leivo for a terrible return because he told him that he wouldn't let him get buried in the pressbox, so I don't think it fits the M.O.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
Well make it's better to keep my belief system than to believe hoarding so called premier RHDs will lead the Blues to a Cup run.

You should probably be more concerned with winning a playoff round than worrying about what the Blues are doing.

Reactions: 67Blues

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Well make it's better to keep my belief system than to believe hoarding so called premier RHDs will lead the Blues to a Cup run.

My god what are you even talking about? We aren't hoarding Parayko because we don't want anyone else to have good RHD. We are hoarding Parayko and Pietrangelo because we have no means to replace them internally and whether you believe it or not there is not guarantee Liljegren or Sandin are ready to take on that type of a role next year, which given our roster and what it was supposed to be this year we NEED someone in that role next year. We can't exactly just flutter and flutter hoping that one of the magical Leaf draft picks will give us a defensemen who is comfortable ES, PP and PK year after year. We spent to the cap this year with the intentions to be in a competitive window. Sadly this team is vastly underperforming this year, which doesn't mean that they cannot perform next year up to expectations.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
Bracco for Kostin.

Kostin is a rare blend of skill and toughness that I wouldn't part with for Bracco. He may or may not develop into an NHLer but I'd prefer to keep him and find out. He plays a true power forward game stylistically and reminds me a ton of a young Nino Neddereiter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad