Proposal: Parayko to Edmonton

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Leon Draisaitl. That's it. That is the only thing that moves the needle other than McDavid which would never happen. Just to be clear I am not saying Parayko is necessarily worth Draisaitl, I am just saying that is what it would take for us to consider moving Colt.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Leon Draisaitl. That's it. That is the only thing that moves the needle other than McDavid which would never happen. Just to be clear I am not saying Parayko is necessarily worth Draisaitl, I am just saying that is what it would take for us to consider moving Colt.
Look, ik the offer in OP isn't good. But Parayko doesn't come close to Leon Draisaitl...

Reactions: TFHockey

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I really don't know tbh.

I would offer Tampa Larsson + Kassian + and see if that shook Sergachev loose. It most likely wouldn't though.

Why would Tampa do that?? That puts them further into cap hell. Team needs cost controlled players like Serge. His potential is not worth wasting on the likes of Larsson.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Why would Tampa do that?? That puts them further into cap hell. Team needs cost controlled players like Serge. His potential is not worth wasting on the likes of Larsson.
They can easily send JT.Miller and one of Johnson/Killorn/Palat to another team and get good assets back for them. Then they have the prospect depth to cheaply replace them internally.

Larsson and Kassian give them toughness for the playoffs and Larsson is the shutdown RHD they're seeking to play with Hedman.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I really don't know tbh.

I would offer Tampa Larsson + Kassian + and see if that shook Sergachev loose. It most likely wouldn't though.

It’s not really cost controlled if they’re not on their elc, not saying they should do it but they would save money that way.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
We have no reason to trade Parayko for lesser parts and we sure as hell aren't getting Draisaitl, so no trade to be made really.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
After the tough season Larsson just had I don't think that's getting us Parayko. Really not sure Edmonton should be trading for a D right now anyways, they're better off hoping Larsson bounces back and should develop from within because they have 7 or 8 really good D prospects in the system. They need some help at forward and at this point they are just gonna have to hope they can find a free agent or two that has been under utilized in the past, and wait and hope that forward prospects like Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Benson, Marody, McLeod, and Maksimov, 8th OA (unless there's a good long term fit via trade) can fill out their 2nd and 3rd lines.

Reactions: dreamcomehere

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
After the tough season Larsson just had I don't think that's getting us Parayko. Really not sure Edmonton should be trading for a D right now anyways, they're better off hoping Larsson bounces back and should develop from within because they have 7 or 8 really good D prospects in the system. They need some help at forward and at this point they are just gonna have to hope they can find a free agent or two that has been under utilized in the past, and wait and hope that forward prospects like Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Benson, Marody, McLeod, and Maksimov, 8th OA (unless there's a good long term fit via trade) can fill out their 2nd and 3rd lines.

Problem is all those promising prospects are at least 4 years away from pushing for a #1 D spot best case scenario. We need someone now.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Problem is all those promising prospects are at least 4 years away from pushing for a #1 D spot best case scenario. We need someone now.
That's the sad reality. With McDavid and Draisaitl off the table we don't have a ton of assets to acquire a #1D. Our only hope at that would be trading for one who is a year out from free agency like Karlsson was for futures and hoping we could re-sign them. We're better off trying to develop one and create a strong blue line by committee in the meantime by developing our other prospects to supplement some of our current solid young D.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Caleb Jones + Yamamoto + Russel would do it.
It adds barely any cap for st louis and there is enough value there .

I would be gutted if I woke up to an alert saying Doug Armstrong traded Parayko for that return. Yamamoto is extremely redundant for us considering we have Kyrou. Russel makes 0 sense. Caleb Jones is a good prospect but I’m not so sure what he would become at the NHL level. We have no need for a 3rd or 2nd pairing defenseman on the left side whatsoever. We’re chalked full there. What we don’t have is depth on the right side outside of Parayko and Pietrangelo. Although Reinke seems to be a decent pick up, still wouldn’t be comfortable giving him consistent time at the NHL level with where our core currently sits.

Only thing that would reasonably make sense on our end value aside would be something along the lines of Schwartz and Parayko for Larson and Draisaitl. I’m still not sure how much that hurts/helps each team.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
No interest in trading Parayko. I am not even going to get into the Draisaitl thing. However, to answer the OP, take out Yamamoto and Bear and substitute this years 1st and maybe another prospect and you are getting close to value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad