Proposal: Parayko to Edmonton

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Leon Draisaitl. That's it. That is the only thing that moves the needle other than McDavid which would never happen. Just to be clear I am not saying Parayko is necessarily worth Draisaitl, I am just saying that is what it would take for us to consider moving Colt.

Agreed

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Caleb Jones + Yamamoto + Russel would do it.
It adds barely any cap for st louis and there is enough value there .
Seriously that would do it.... ????

Um no thanks Jones isn't ready or top pairing, Russel isn't very good and old, yamamto is small and we don't need that so no thanks

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I was hoping the Isles would have traded Tavares for Parayko + two years ago when it was clear to me Pajama Boy wasn't going to extend. Of course, with the drafting of Dobson and Wilde, the emergence of Pulock and Mayfield it would have maybe made the last draft more interesting.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
The sad truth of a Chia ran team . We are now like the bum who stands on the corner looking for hand outs

No, it has nothing to do with Chai.
It has to do with Edmontonians in general.
They've constantly supported this team and Chai was just a consequence of buying all those tickets despite the incompetent old boys club still being in charge.
Idiots are capable of hiring idiots.

Reactions: go4hockey

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
They can easily send JT.Miller and one of Johnson/Killorn/Palat to another team and get good assets back for them. Then they have the prospect depth to cheaply replace them internally.

Larsson and Kassian give them toughness for the playoffs and Larsson is the shutdown RHD they're seeking to play with Hedman.
It's funny that you think larrson is the final piece to Tampa's D for them to compete in the playoffs

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Edmonton still need to find defense, Colt is from Edmonton, Edmonton is in the off season ....

giphy.gif

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Who do you think would be the best defenseman the Oilers could get for this package?
I think the best thing the Oilers could do with a package like that is send it away (along with Lucic) and acquire a draft pick.
Take the new found cap space and throw it all at karlson and see if you could land him. If not karlson, try the next best guy (gardiner?).
But I don't think that package gets you much.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Did you miss Draisaitl scoring 50 goals this season orrrr...? Does Nurse return Brayden Point?

Parayko is very good don’t get me wrong but he’s not a legitimate #1 and doesn’t produce much offense at all.
parayko is way better than nurse, he is a legit number 1, and point is better than draisaitl

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
parayko is way better than nurse, he is a legit number 1, and point is better than draisaitl

What precisely does Parayko do better, aside from being right handed? Would you trade Point for Parayko?

And no, Point plays on a much better team, that’s all. Only fools believe Draisaitl isn’t an elite player.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
What precisely does Parayko do better, aside from being right handed? Would you trade Point for Parayko?

And no, Point plays on a much better team, that’s all. Only fools believe Draisaitl isn’t an elite player.
i wouldnt trade point for parayko but as i said point>drai. draisaitl literally scored at a bottom-6 rate 5v5 away from mcdavid this year. and his shooting percentage 5v5 was ridiculous. and even then point had a higher 5v5 p1/60 despite the sh% thing and the mcdavid thing

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
i wouldnt trade point for parayko but as i said point>drai. draisaitl literally scored at a bottom-6 rate 5v5 away from mcdavid this year. and his shooting percentage 5v5 was ridiculous. and even then point had a higher 5v5 p1/60 despite the sh% thing and the mcdavid thing

And who was Point playing with, I wonder? Oh right, the poor bastard was stapled to the hip with to the guy with the highest point total in a decade (and still couldn’t match Leon, who by the way is a certified beast in the playoffs with 16 points in 13 games, unlike your crew’s disappearing act) Your points are absurd, there’s absolutely no point to most of them. Kucherov produced points to the point that all Point had to do is go where he was pointed.

Whereas you point to McDavid - like Draisaitl was the only player in the league to have his coach make a point to provide him with high end linemates - without seeming to realize that Leon had to spend significant amounts of time with the worst winger group in the NHL. Can you point to where Point played significant stretches of time with the likes Toby Rieder, Milan Lucic, and Alex Chiasson?

I hope you weren’t irritated with the frequency I used the word point. I certainly wasn’t making a point of it.

Hell even Blues fans recognize that Parayko for Draisaitl is not happening nor is it particularly close.

Reactions: 780il

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
And who was Point playing with, I wonder? Oh right, the poor bastard was stapled to the hip with to the guy with the highest point total in a decade (and still couldn’t match Leon, who by the way is a certified beast in the playoffs with 16 points in 13 games, unlike your crew’s disappearing act) Your points are absurd, there’s absolutely no point to most of them. Kucherov produced points to the point that all Point had to do is go where he was pointed.

Whereas you point to McDavid - like Draisaitl was the only player in the league to have his coach make a point to provide him with high end linemates - without seeming to realize that Leon had to spend significant amounts of time with the worst winger group in the NHL. Can you point to where Point played significant stretches of time with the likes Toby Rieder, Milan Lucic, and Alex Chiasson?

I hope you weren’t irritated with the frequency I used the word point. I certainly wasn’t making a point of it.

Hell even Blues fans recognize that Parayko for Draisaitl is not happening nor is it particularly close.
I wouldn't trade Parayko for Drai

Reactions: Tryblot

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

point played significant time with ondrej palat over the past couple seasons. palat is just as offensively inept as rieder and lucic and worse offensively than chiasson. he also carried johnson defensively who is atrocious there. over the past 2 seasons johnson is his most common linemate. point's primary scoring rate 5v5 over the past couple seasons stays elite even without kuch while drai's falls to 2nd line without mcdavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad