Proposal: Parayko to Edmonton

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Leon Draisaitl a basically a top 5 to 7 player in the game now, noobs and ignorant fan boys just itching to find faults and inconsistencies in a 23 year old C who also happens to be an elite winger who can one time the puck better then anyone not named OV, and pass the puck like he has eyes in the back of his head.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
All true and Draisaitl would be your best centre . All we are saying is Parayko is awesome but he is not worth Draisaitl . Even if you believe Draisaitl is only a product of McDavid ( A blind man can see he isn't ) He works with McDavid to form one of the best 2/3 of a first line in the NHL . The Oilers can not trade him plain and simply . We lack the assets .

On a side note : What sparked your turn around this season ? You guys were last at one point and wanted to blow it up . I been following you guys in the playoffs and you look awesome . Fast , good defensively and great goaltending . Picking you guys to win the west .
Yep system was awefull notice how the wild got better with out him. Also the team was really new needed time to gel. Winnington came out of no where orielly was insane petro had trips, a lot of things

I know that drais is the more valued player but why would st Louis trade parayko for anything lesd.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
We've been saying the same thing to Edmonton fans since Colt and Drai entered the league. Seems their fans just don't get it. They want a defenseman the caliber of Colt, so bad. They had the chance to get one with Taylor Hall but they screwed that up too. We know currently Colt wouldn't straight up get you Drai, we would obviously have to add to him, but he's the only asset the Oilers have that would interest our team in moving a player like Colt. But if you are wanting a #1 defenseman, the Edmonton Oilers are going to have to draft one or trade McDavid or Draisaitl for a huge package. End of story. Until then you can have two guys that put up 100 points in the season but still won't get to enjoy hockey come April.
I find it hilarious that they say colt isn't a number 1 but he would be the best on their team a number 1

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Yep system was awefull notice how the wild got better with out him. Also the team was really new needed time to gel. Winnington came out of no where orielly was insane petro had trips, a lot of things

I know that drais is the more valued player but why would st Louis trade parayko for anything lesd.

I understand the ask . RHD don't grow on trees and big RHD that can skate is probably the most sought after players in the NHL the problem is even if we could trade Draisaitl for that #1 D we need we would have not one to score other then McDavid . We just don't have the assets to spare . We do have some cap space this summer to add 1 winger and if a new GM can move 1 of Russell , Sekera or Lucic we could add 2 and that would help build a 2nd line which would probably get us to the playoffs . Thank god we have a few coming D coming so that should work itself out . Just wish Bouchard could skate like Nurse or Parayko

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Leon Draisaitl. That's it. That is the only thing that moves the needle other than McDavid which would never happen. Just to be clear I am not saying Parayko is necessarily worth Draisaitl, I am just saying that is what it would take for us to consider moving Colt.
:laugh:

Good start anyway, what else are the Blues offering?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I understand the ask . RHD don't grow on trees and big RHD that can skate is probably the most sought after players in the NHL the problem is even if we could trade Draisaitl for that #1 D we need we would have not one to score other then McDavid . We just don't have the assets to spare . We do have some cap space this summer to add 1 winger and if a new GM can move 1 of Russell , Sekera or Lucic we could add 2 and that would help build a 2nd line which would probably get us to the playoffs . Thank god we have a few coming D coming so that should work itself out . Just wish Bouchard could skate like Nurse or Parayko

Too bad you guys are n such cap hell. It stinks and really limits what you can do to improve the team via free agency. I don’t see anyone jumping to add your cap dumps. Sekera has value but will he bring enough back to justify losing him?

You will not be able to remove Lucic. Teams can’t justify the cap hit for the length and the NMC kills any trade possibility. Most teams can add a Russell via UFA. Likely can find someone chaeper to fill his role.

Edmonton almost has to ride out the next year or two and then has to make the right trades/signings and hope one of their kids steps up.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I don't think Draisaitl can produce away from McDavid because so far he has done nothing to prove otherwise. He simple does not produce when not tied to McDavids hip. Don't give me bullshit about linemates being poor quality either because Tarasenko has been a consistent player no matter who his linemates have been. f*** he broke 70 points with Lehtera as his f***ing center.

So with that said I don't think the risk would be worth it to the Blues to trade Parayko for Drai straight up and especially not for that garbage offer made in the OP. I could be wrong but I would not risk crippling my team down the road.

Also ROR > Drai so no he would not be our #1 C as someone in this thread claimed.

Let's not forget that Danny Heatly and Cheechoo also scored 50.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don't think Draisaitl can produce away from McDavid because so far he has done nothing to prove otherwise. He simple does not produce when not tied to McDavids hip. Don't give me bull**** about linemates being poor quality either because Tarasenko has been a consistent player no matter who his linemates have been. **** he broke 70 points with Lehtera as his ****ing center.

So with that said I don't think the risk would be worth it to the Blues to trade Parayko for Drai straight up and especially not for that garbage offer made in the OP. I could be wrong but I would not risk crippling my team down the road.

Also ROR > Drai so no he would not be our #1 C as someone in this thread claimed.

When McDavid was hurt Leon went on a tear. You don't know what you're talking about.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Terrible for the Blues. Meh prospects, a bust and a 2nd pairing dman who had a down season for a young top pairing dman.

3 nice pieces + Pulju. But none of them warrants Parayko. Quantity for quality which StL doesn't need.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I don't think Draisaitl can produce away from McDavid because so far he has done nothing to prove otherwise. He simple does not produce when not tied to McDavids hip. Don't give me bull**** about linemates being poor quality either because Tarasenko has been a consistent player no matter who his linemates have been. **** he broke 70 points with Lehtera as his ****ing center.

You haven't been watching then . See his playoff run , See his play when McDavid was sick and suspended . He a stud and on lots of night he is better then McDavid ...well maybe not lots but some

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I can see why St Louis balks at that offer, but the Oilers are in no position to be moving a significant portion of their prospect depth for what ends up being an upgrade on one player on their defense.

It blows my mind that there are fans that haven't caught on to the fact that the Oilers trying to skip the development process is the very heart of the problem that has plagued the team for well over a decade.

The Pronger trade was one in a million--and even then it cost the Oilers years of competitiveness in the fallout following their one year run.

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
No it is not. Petro is a #1 and the only reason why Parayko is not. When petro went down for 4 games last year and 11 this year parayko was the #1 and handled it very well. To the point were some thought he performed better. He would be the best defenseman on your team on top pairing on most. SO i use the mcdavid / drais logic cause its the same thing different position and players

So if McDavid played behind Crosby he’d be a #2 center?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
So if McDavid played behind Crosby he’d be a #2 center?
That's what the guy stated about parayko behind petro.

What I am say I g is both drais and colt are too pairing players colt would be best Dman on end which makes him a #1. Plain and simple

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
That's what the guy stated about parayko behind petro.

What I am say I g is both drais and colt are too pairing players colt would be best Dman on end which makes him a #1. Plain and simple

No, what you said was Draisaitl was a #2 center because McDavid was their #1. That’s what I was disputing. That logic is severely flawed.s

Edit: Oh, I see what you’re saying. That’s my bad.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Offer Larsson and #8 pick. That will get STL attention.
Actually the value there is close. I would still keep Parayko, though. The timing isn't good for the Blues. We aren't rebuilding, and we still don't know what is happening with Pietrangelo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad