Proposal: Parayko to Edmonton

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I wouldn't trade Parayko for Drai

Don’t fret, Oiler fans would lynch whatever idiot GM that decided a 28 point defenceman was the cure to our woes, all for the low low cost of one of the only 50 goal 50 assist players in the last two decades.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
point played significant time with ondrej palat over the past couple seasons. palat is just as offensively inept as rieder and lucic and worse offensively than chiasson. he also carried johnson defensively who is atrocious there. over the past 2 seasons johnson is his most common linemate. point's primary scoring rate 5v5 over the past couple seasons stays elite even without kuch while drai's falls to 2nd line without mcdavid.

Draisaitl would run someone over with a panzer for linemates like Palat and Johnson away from McDavid :laugh: you’re stretching so hard you’ll dislocate something my lad.

Reactions: Weiss1604

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Did you miss Draisaitl scoring 50 goals this season orrrr...? Does Nurse return Brayden Point?

Parayko is very good don’t get me wrong but he’s not a legitimate #1 and doesn’t produce much offense at all.
10 goals 30 points place defense first puck moving dman and yes he has proven he is top pairing. End of story. Is drais a number 1 ? cause mcdavid seems to be ahead of him.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
What precisely does Parayko do better, aside from being right handed? Would you trade Point for Parayko?

And no, Point plays on a much better team, that’s all. Only fools believe Draisaitl isn’t an elite player.

he actually plays defense, moves the puck better, Is better in shot suppression, consistently gets 30 points. Has a crazy awesome slap shot. Can skate with the best. Oh yeah he is RHD. would be the best dman on your team if traded.

I get it you are upset we wont trade him to you, But there is no reason to act like he isnt good just because we wont gift him to you

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
And who was Point playing with, I wonder? Oh right, the poor bastard was stapled to the hip with to the guy with the highest point total in a decade (and still couldn’t match Leon, who by the way is a certified beast in the playoffs with 16 points in 13 games, unlike your crew’s disappearing act) Your points are absurd, there’s absolutely no point to most of them. Kucherov produced points to the point that all Point had to do is go where he was pointed.

Whereas you point to McDavid - like Draisaitl was the only player in the league to have his coach make a point to provide him with high end linemates - without seeming to realize that Leon had to spend significant amounts of time with the worst winger group in the NHL. Can you point to where Point played significant stretches of time with the likes Toby Rieder, Milan Lucic, and Alex Chiasson?

I hope you weren’t irritated with the frequency I used the word point. I certainly wasn’t making a point of it.

Hell even Blues fans recognize that Parayko for Draisaitl is not happening nor is it particularly close.
Actually thats the only person we would take for parayko from EDM. Did drais blossom into a 50 goal scorer... yes he did. I have a question though, is he playing right now...

Defense is a huge reason you make it to the playoffs. Dont sit here and say they are not close in value cause your wrong. Drais has more value at this point but not by much.

We are not trading parayko
edm is not trading Drais.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
That is about the worst logic I've heard.

No it is not. Petro is a #1 and the only reason why Parayko is not. When petro went down for 4 games last year and 11 this year parayko was the #1 and handled it very well. To the point were some thought he performed better. He would be the best defenseman on your team on top pairing on most. SO i use the mcdavid / drais logic cause its the same thing different position and players

Reactions: Bluesman91

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
point played significant time with ondrej palat over the past couple seasons. palat is just as offensively inept as rieder and lucic and worse offensively than chiasson. he also carried johnson defensively who is atrocious there. over the past 2 seasons johnson is his most common linemate. point's primary scoring rate 5v5 over the past couple seasons stays elite even without kuch while drai's falls to 2nd line without mcdavid.
You lost the argument.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
he actually plays defense, moves the puck better, Is better in shot suppression, consistently gets 30 points. Has a crazy awesome slap shot. Can skate with the best. Oh yeah he is RHD. would be the best dman on your team if traded.

I get it you are upset we wont trade him to you, But there is no reason to act like he isnt good just because we wont gift him to you

All true and Draisaitl would be your best centre . All we are saying is Parayko is awesome but he is not worth Draisaitl . Even if you believe Draisaitl is only a product of McDavid ( A blind man can see he isn't ) He works with McDavid to form one of the best 2/3 of a first line in the NHL . The Oilers can not trade him plain and simply . We lack the assets .

On a side note : What sparked your turn around this season ? You guys were last at one point and wanted to blow it up . I been following you guys in the playoffs and you look awesome . Fast , good defensively and great goaltending . Picking you guys to win the west .

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
All true and Draisaitl would be your best centre . All we are saying is Parayko is awesome but he is not worth Draisaitl . Even if you believe Draisaitl is only a product of McDavid ( A blind man can see he isn't ) He works with McDavid to form one of the best 2/3 of a first line in the NHL . The Oilers can not trade him plain and simply . We lack the assets .

On a side note : What sparked your turn around this season ? You guys were last at one point and wanted to blow it up . I been following you guys in the playoffs and you look awesome . Fast , good defensively and great goaltending . Picking you guys to win the west .
Coach, system and a goalie.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
giphy.gif

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
No it is not. Petro is a #1 and the only reason why Parayko is not. When petro went down for 4 games last year and 11 this year parayko was the #1 and handled it very well. To the point were some thought he performed better. He would be the best defenseman on your team on top pairing on most. SO i use the mcdavid / drais logic cause its the same thing different position and players
We've been saying the same thing to Edmonton fans since Colt and Drai entered the league. Seems their fans just don't get it. They want a defenseman the caliber of Colt, so bad. They had the chance to get one with Taylor Hall but they screwed that up too. We know currently Colt wouldn't straight up get you Drai, we would obviously have to add to him, but he's the only asset the Oilers have that would interest our team in moving a player like Colt. But if you are wanting a #1 defenseman, the Edmonton Oilers are going to have to draft one or trade McDavid or Draisaitl for a huge package. End of story. Until then you can have two guys that put up 100 points in the season but still won't get to enjoy hockey come April.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Don’t fret, Oiler fans would lynch whatever idiot GM that decided a 28 point defenceman was the cure to our woes, all for the low low cost of one of the only 50 goal 50 assist players in the last two decades.
While this 50/50 doesn't mean it's exactly Taylor Hall, but your previous GM traded Hall for Larsson who is worse than Parayko at putting up points. Did the Oiler fans lynch him then? No.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
While this 50/50 doesn't mean it's exactly Taylor Hall, but your previous GM traded Hall for Larsson who is worse than Parayko at putting up points. Did the Oiler fans lynch him then? No.

Exactly why we can’t afford any more trades for obviously inferior players. Our charity days are done.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

They already know that and noted that they aren't equal in value?

Reactions: Weiss1604

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad