Speculation: Parayko to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
It still gives me smile on my face, when noting Parayko is born almost backyard from Edmonton and they missed the piece what was their golden opportunity and great fit in every way.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Nurse is better than Parayko.
10th pick is better than Thomas. Draisaitl is a throw in?

Parayko is better than Nurse. Not by a ton but he's better. Nurse has one good season in the NHL. Parayko has three. I love Nurse and where he is headed but every GM takes Parayko ahead of him.

And Thomas probably goes higher than 10th in this year's draft. I wouldn't trade Thomas for the 10th pick. No promise we will get a prospect as good as Thomas has turned into. Plus he's NHL ready and on our team this coming season.

Reactions: Dbrownss and Colt55

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Parayko>>nurse
Thomas>10pick (as of rightnow)
Drais = parayko

No one would ever call colt55 a throw in. But I will say if you think nurse or Larson is better than parayko then you need to take off the homer glasses

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
On this page alone I’ve seen that Parayko is a 1D and Robert Thomas will be better than Draisaitl.

Yikes, guys.

To be fair, you're targeting posts from a guy with the name Colt55 in a Parayko being traded thread. Also to be fair go look through post history.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
It still gives me smile on my face, when noting Parayko is born almost backyard from Edmonton and they missed the piece what was their golden opportunity and great fit in every way.
Drafted 3rd round 86th 2012

Edm drafted
Nail yakopov
Mictchel moroz
M
Kahria

Blues drafted
Schmaltz
Kurker
Parayko

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Drafted 3rd round 86th 2012

Edm drafted
Nail yakopov
Mictchel moroz
M
Kahria

Blues drafted
Schmaltz
Kurker
Parayko
0382_s7tr.gif

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
The price is Drai. Offering spare parts or anything less does not move the needle and is just a waste of everyone's time. You don't get potential 1Ds for a team not looking to trade him for anything less than a potential 1C.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
To be fair, you're targeting posts from a guy with the name Colt55 in a Parayko being traded thread. Also to be fair go look through post history.
I never stated Thomas would be better but parayko has performed 1d duties more the drais has 1c.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
So we've established that Larsson > Parayko and Nurse > Parayko. Why target Parayko if you already have your #1D pairing? Middling defenseman playing sheltered minutes are fairly easy to find, I don't know why you'd overpay for Parayko. I'll hang up and listen.

bluemike

Nov 2, 2005
How is the Blues left side of their defense?
This scenario screams Klefbom+10OV for Parayko.

Absolutely atrocious and no way the Blues would do that. Blues are not rebuilding, they are trying to retool for a Cup run in the next 2-3 years. Only way they move Parayko to EDM is if Draisaitl, which fills their #1 need, comes back in the deal.

The deal I proposed earlier is very fair. Parayko alone coming for Drai isn't enough, so I put in Thomas, the #1 Blues prospect. Doing so swings the deal heavily in the Oilers favor, so I added the swap of #1s and Nurse coming back to the Blues. If Edm would rather put Klefbom instead of Nurse, I'd be fine with that. Something along those lines satisfies the needs for both clubs.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Parayko>>nurse
Thomas>10pick (as of rightnow)
Drais = parayko

No one would ever call colt55 a throw in. But I will say if you think nurse or Larson is better than parayko then you need to take off the homer glasses

Ironic.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Absolutely atrocious and no way the Blues would do that. Blues are not rebuilding, they are trying to retool for a Cup run in the next 2-3 years. Only way they move Parayko to EDM is if Draisaitl, which fills their #1 need, comes back in the deal.

The deal I proposed earlier is very fair. Parayko alone coming for Drai isn't enough, so I put in Thomas, the #1 Blues prospect. Doing so swings the deal heavily in the Oilers favor, so I added the swap of #1s and Nurse coming back to the Blues. If Edm would rather put Klefbom instead of Nurse, I'd be fine with that. Something along those lines satisfies the needs for both clubs.

I know blues fans won't like to hear it but Parayko doesn't hold enough value to fetch Draisaitl, which I think most Blues fans understand but the reality is that Edmonton isn't in a position to trade Draisaitl for a package.

They are in need to send a package for a player.

So if a center is the requirement for St. Louis think RNH+ for Parayko and not Parayko+ for Drai.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I know blues fans won't like to hear it but Parayko doesn't hold enough value to fetch Draisaitl, which I think most Blues fans understand but the reality is that Edmonton isn't in a position to trade Draisaitl for a package.

So if a center is the requirement for St. Louis think RNH+ for Parayko and not Parayko+ for Drai.
Parayko isn't available, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Reactions: BowDangles

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I don't think RNH+ holds much value for the Blues when it comes to giving up an asset such as Parayko which would be difficult to replace. It would be cheaper to take a step down and pick up Bozak for a #2C for a short term until/if Thomas is ready to take that over and move Bozak to #3C at a contract price that is decent. We have enough defensive minded forward to cover Bozak's lack of defense.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I don't think RNH+ holds much value for the Blues when it comes to giving up an asset such as Parayko which would be difficult to replace. It would be cheaper to take a step down and pick up Bozak for a #2C for a short term until/if Thomas is ready to take that over and move Bozak to #3C at a contract price that is decent. We have enough defensive minded forward to cover Bozak's lack of defense.

I agree that Parayko would be tough to replace, but think about this in Parayko's eyes. He is going to be playing behind Petro for the foreseeable future and never be "the guy" in St. Louis.
If he thinks he is ready for the next step as a #1D than he is probably going to want that opportunity..

RNH is still only 25 and is strong defensively and I don't know how much money you would save signing a UFA Bozak who will be looking for his final payday in a very thin UFA center market.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I agree that Parayko would be tough to replace, but think about this in Parayko's eyes. He is going to be playing behind Petro for the foreseeable future and never be "the guy" in St. Louis.
If he thinks he is ready for the next step as a #1D than he is probably going to want that opportunity..

RNH is still only 25 and is strong defensively and I don't know how much money you would save signing a UFA Bozak who will be looking for his final payday in a very thin UFA center market.
Parayko is about as polite and easy going as anyone I've seen. I seriously doubt playing behind Petro is something that bother him considering the minutes he's getting every night. Plus, Petro is a UFA is 2 years, and you never know if someone throws stupid money at him.

Bozak won't get the $6m that RNH has on his contract. I suspect he'll be in the $4.5-5 range. If he is over that, then the Blues won't be in the running for him and we'll just use Steen as #2C until Thomas is ready with Berglund as #3C which he is very effective at doing and just go after another RW'er instead of a center.

Reactions: Colt55

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Well, silly Parayko should've thought of that before he signed his extension.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Then their just isnt a deal to be made. Thats all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad