Speculation: Parayko to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This is like the 5th or 6th time in the past 6 months this has been proposed and it always goes the same way.

> Parayko to EDM!

> It's gonna cost Draisaitl.

> Oiler fans understandaby don't want to give up Draisaitl

> There is no deal to be had.

Oil fans don't even want to trade RNH let alone LD.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If you want a 22 year old C who's scored 70 pts (in the NHL) two years in a row, you're going to pay... It's that simple.
If you want a 25 year old with 3 years in nhl with 33, 35 , 35 point seasons, is 6'6" has a cannon of a shot, and has shined on every level / opportunity he has has is signed for 4 more years on the cheap then you have to pay. Also he is RHD which is the hottest item on the market currently

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Parayko is about as polite and easy going as anyone I've seen. I seriously doubt playing behind Petro is something that bother him considering the minutes he's getting every night. Plus, Petro is a UFA is 2 years, and you never know if someone throws stupid money at him.

Bozak won't get the $6m that RNH has on his contract. I suspect he'll be in the $4.5-5 range. If he is over that, then the Blues won't be in the running for him and we'll just use Steen as #2C until Thomas is ready with Berglund as #3C which he is very effective at doing and just go after another RW'er instead of a center.
Just think though Kyrou could be ready also blais as well. Just have to see how things pan out

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I am sticking by Nylander for Parayko ! Nylander is going to end up at C this year and hover around 70-75 points, including 25 goals, and it will look like the perfect deal.

Would be similar to a Drai deal, so value seems decent enough.

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I agree that Parayko would be tough to replace, think about this in Parayko's eyes. He is going to be playing behind Petro for the foreseeable future and never be "the guy" in St. Louis.
If he thinks he is ready for the next step as a #1D than he is probably going to want that opportunity..

RNH is still only 25 and is strong defensively and I don't know how much money you would save signing a UFA Bozak who will be looking for his final payday in a very thin UFA center market.
Just think about this through Draisaitl's eyes....he's going to he stuck playing either out of position or behind McDavid and he'll never be "the guy". If he's ready to take the next step and be a true 1C, he may want that opportunity.
:rolleyes:

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I am sticking by Nylander for Parayko ! Nylander is going to end up at C this year and hover around 70-75 points, including 25 goals, and it will look like the perfect deal.

Nylander is not quite at Drai level yet. Nylander put up back to back 60pt seasons while Drai put up back to back 70pt seasons and they are only 6 months apart in age.
Draisaitl also did it playing center last year...

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Nylander is not quite at Drai level yet. Nylander put up back to back 60pt seasons while Drai put up back to back 70pt seasons and they are only 6 months apart in age.
I am not sure if you know this but drais played about 47% of his even strength on a line with Connor mcdavid. Who do you think was playing center. Def wasnt Leon. If you want to refute my information go to the following site posted below. Pick leon, even strength, 2017-2018 season then line combos add up the percentages. (when you add them all up they equal 100 LOL). you will come up with about 47%.

--https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_linecombo.php?chkForward=checkbox&selForward=EDMDRAISAITL%2CLEON&period=ALL&situation=EV&games=2017-2018%3AR%3A99&Submit=Show+Line+Combinations&sent=go--

Last edited:
Reactions: Nizdizzle

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

I know, that's why I said it's on Drai's level if he plays center and hits 70-75 points...

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I am not sure if you know this but drais played about 47% of his even strength on a line with Connor mcdavid. Who do you think was playing center. Def wasnt Leon. If you want to refute my information go to the following site posted below. Pick leon, even strength, 2017-2018 season then line combos add up the percentages. (when you add them all up they equal 100 LOL). you will come up with about 47%.

When Drai and McDavid play on a line together they share center duties. The first guy back between the two of them often finds himself being the center down low in their own zone.
McDavid and RNH do this as well.

Even with that neglected though, Drai played 53% of his even strength without McDavid which is still pretty substantial

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Toronto adds. And that's a huge assumption to assume Willy can play and stick at center while putting up those numbers. Huge.

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg

Draisaitl >> Nylander at this point

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
When Drai and McDavid play on a line together they share center duties. The first guy back between the two of them often finds himself being the center down low in their own zone.
McDavid and RNH do this as well.

Even with that neglected though, Drai played 53% of his even strength without McDavid which is still pretty substantial
Thats roughly Half so to say he held down the second line duties is false. he did it half the time. I am just stating facts

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016
I can see Edmonton trying to swap Klefbom for Parayko, but from my viewpoint it would take a decent + from Edmonton to get Parayko out of St.Louis as he's better than Klef.....

Reactions: BowDangles

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Thats roughly Half so to say he held down the second line duties is false. he did it half the time. I am just stating facts
I agree - during that time as a center he played fine though, it wasn't like he was out of his league.
In the playoffs a year ago, Draisaitl played center against the Ducks and was Edmonton's best player in that series.
He is well above Nylander and has at least proven he can play center.
I imagine he will get a full year of center next year as well, as an Edmonton fan I am just hoping Chia gets him some support...
Pulling around Lucic + Caggullia all night is a tough task

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta

Nylander doesn't sniff draisaitl or paraykos jock strap

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I can see Edmonton trying to swap Klefbom for Parayko, but from my viewpoint it would take a decent + from Edmonton to get Parayko out of St.Louis as he's better than Klef.....
This is my guess too. Edmonton has a big Leftorium issue right now on D.
A Klefbom+10 overall for Parayko is a pretty steep give from Edmonton but I wouldn't put it by Chia.

A lot of people outside of the Edmonton market do not realize how good Klefbom really is and how good of a contract he has....

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
A Klefbom+10 overall for Parayko is a pretty steep give from Edmonton but I wouldn't put it by Chia.

A lot of people outside of the Edmonton market do not realize how good Klefbom really is and how good of a contract he has....
This is exactly the price I was thinking, blues get Klefbom and perhaps boquist. Could happen!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We have no desire for Klefbom, does nothing for us. We have no depth on the right, so our defense would be way worse off than just a simple downgrade to Klefbom.

I'll take the dumb Nylander threads any day over this Klefbom non-sense.

Reactions: Colt55

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111

So lets just say we agree that the value is there (which we don't, but play along with the logic). This trade then requires the Blues to immediately turn around and trade that pick and prospects to replace the hole that Parayko left. If they didn't, the defense would look like

Edmundson / Petro
Dunn / Bortuzzo
Klefbom / Schmaltz
:help:

Then we have 2 extra LHD in JBo and Gunnarson, so what do we do with them? LHD is not an area of weakness for the team.

So we would be adding ANOTHER LHD in Klefbom, and then having to do another trade to bring in a second line RHD.

Klefbom, regardless of the value, just doesn't make sense for the Blues.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017

The problem is the blues don’t need any ld. We have Edmundson, Dunn, bouwmeester, and gunnerson all at ld. You want to add pool party and take bouwmeester also then we might have a deal.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
This is like the 5th or 6th time in the past 6 months this has been proposed and it always goes the same way.

> Parayko to EDM!

> It's gonna cost Draisaitl.

> Oiler fans understandaby don't want to give up Draisaitl

> There is no deal to be had.

Oil fans don't even want to trade RNH let alone LD.

The last part isn't true. It's just that Edmonton fans don't want to trade RNH for 3rd line C type return when we know full well he's a low end #1 or a high end #2 on 20 other teams in the league. A young #2C with RNH's two way ability is worth an older, established #2D or a young #3 with top-pairing upside. Less than that and we understandably hold.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
The last part isn't true. It's just that Edmonton fans don't want to trade RNH for 3rd line C type return when we know full well he's a low end #1 or a high end #2 on 20 other teams in the league. A young #2C with RNH's two way ability is worth an older, established #2D or a young #3 with top-pairing upside. Less than that and we understandably hold.

And stl knows parayko is worth draisatl and nothing else on your team gets it done.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The

blues do not need Klefboom nor does a 10oa draft pick help our cause. We need a Young 1c. So if drais is out then there is nothing to be worked on.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Klefbom? Lol. The whole point of trading Parayko, which Blues fans are almost unanimously against, would be to get a franchise 1C. Not to improve the depth at one of our better roster spots, LD. It's cool that he's the valuable piece that Edmonton is willing to part with, but that makes less than 0 sense for us. That would be like us making a Vince Dunn for RNH thread.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
This is exactly the price I was thinking, blues get Klefbom and perhaps boquist. Could happen!
Are you actually thinking this is a legit trade offer. Seriously are you in Denver right now. Explain the following to me please so i know your not joking and being serious.

1) why does this trade make Blues a better team now.
2) why would blues downgrade from a RHD #1d to a possible top 4LHD (which is not a need have plenty)
3) why would the blues want a 10oa pick in a win now team. ???????

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So lets just say we agree that the value is there (which we don't, but play along with the logic). This trade then requires the Blues to immediately turn around and trade that pick and prospects to replace the hole that Parayko left. If they didn't, the defense would look like

Edmundson / Petro
Dunn / Bortuzzo
Klefbom / Schmaltz
:help:

Then we have 2 extra LHD in JBo and Gunnarson, so what do we do with them? LHD is not an area of weakness for the team.

So we would be adding ANOTHER LHD in Klefbom, and then having to do another trade to bring in a second line RHD.

Klefbom, regardless of the value, just doesn't make sense for the Blues.

Blinkingwhiteguy.gif @ Klefbom on the 3rd pairing behind *adjusts glasses* Edmundson and Dunn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad