Speculation: Parayko to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
This is my guess too. Edmonton has a big Leftorium issue right now on D.
A Klefbom+10 overall for Parayko is a pretty steep give from Edmonton but I wouldn't put it by Chia.

A lot of people outside of the Edmonton market do not realize how good Klefbom really is and how good of a contract he has....
Is he better than Say Edmondson-- no is he better than Vince dunn, Per last years performance no not at all. And dunn is not injury prone and is younger.

This does nothing for the blues.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Blinkingwhiteguy.gif @ Klefbom on the 3rd pairing behind *adjusts glasses* Edmundson and Dunn?
Why would he be before the two. Please explain. What cause he had 1 great season and two bad ones. Edmondson is the #1 lHD dman thats a fact. Dunn Played better than Oscar last year on offense and defense.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why would he be before the two. Please explain. What cause he had 1 great season and two bad ones. Edmondson is the #1 lHD dman thats a fact. Dunn Played better than Oscar last year on offense and defense.

A healthy Klefbom is better than both guys. Don’t judge him based on a year he played injured the entire time and was tasked with dragging along Russell or Benning.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
A healthy Klefbom is better than both guys. Don’t judge him based on a year he played injured the entire time and was tasked with dragging along Russell or Benning.
You can say he is better than Edds is that nasty shut down D That plays a tough game and is a perfect partner for Petro.
Oscar is injury prone. Dunn also on his rookie year out performed Oscar this year and his rookie year. So you really cant say oscar would be better than both.

Seriously though why are we even talking about it. We dont need or want him, DRAIS or NO PARAYKO.... END of story

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
But you and all of halfboards is willing to Judg robby Fabbri for his injuries.... see my point. Just cause you see someone with A certain shade of glasses (chaotic orange) doesnt me the rest of the world shares your opinion.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You can say he is better than Edds is that nasty shut down D That plays a tough game and is a perfect partner for Petro.
Oscar is injury prone. Dunn also on his rookie year out performed Oscar this year and his rookie year. So you really cant say oscar would be better than both.

Seriously though why are we even talking about it. We dont need or want him, DRAIS or NO PARAYKO.... END of story

I can, because he’s capable of it having done it for an entire season on a very good team.

Pietrangelo or no Draisaitl, end of story. He moves for a proven #1, not a guy that maybe could be but we don’t know soooo yeah.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I can, because he’s capable of it having done it for an entire season on a very good team.

Pietrangelo or no Draisaitl, end of story. He moves for a proven #1, not a guy that maybe could be but we don’t know soooo yeah.
Wait, ending this story is an option? f*** yeah, end this story!

Reactions: Dbrownss and sfvega

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
But you and all of halfboards is willing to Judg robby Fabbri for his injuries.... see my point. Just cause you see someone with A certain shade of glasses (chaotic orange) doesnt me the rest of the world shares your opinion.

There’s injury prone, then there’s Robby Fabbri ‘made of balsa wood’ injury prone. Only the biggest Blues homer on this site would even attempt to make a connection between the two situations of Fabbri and Klefbom.

Fabbri’s now missed two half season and one full season with injury in the past four seasons. Feel bad for the kid but he’s a walking red flag in that department.

Klefbom’s freak MRSA infection and floating bone chips aren’t the kind of cumulative injury Fabbri’s going to have to deal with now.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
There’s injury prone, then there’s Robby Fabbri ‘made of balsa wood’ injury prone. Only the biggest Blues homer on this site would even attempt to make a connection between the two situations of Fabbri and Klefbom.

Fabbri’s now missed two half season and one full season with injury in the past four seasons. Feel bad for the kid but he’s a walking red flag in that department.

Klefbom’s freak MRSA infection and floating bone chips aren’t the kind of cumulative injury Fabbri’s going to have to deal with now.
Whats the difference if Klefboom cant stay healthy, then by proxy he is not better than Edds or Dunn (which dunns rookie year beat oscars last year and rookie year) . You cant just take out years cause they were not healthy. Your A funny guy LOL

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Oiler fans "we want your core player but refuse to give up a core player of similar value"

Blues fans "lol, ok"

Oliers fans "but your core player isn't worth our core player. We have to let you know this"

Blues fans "you're still here?"

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Whats the difference if Klefboom cant stay healthy, then by proxy he is not better than Edds or Dunn (which dunns rookie year beat oscars last year and rookie year) . You cant just take out years cause they were not healthy. Your A funny guy LOL

Uh, yes, you can. You can say ‘he wasn’t healthy and it affected his performance’, which is accurate.

You keep saying Dunn’s rookie year and last year were better - I don’t think you can say that definitively. Klefbom’s rookie year he played 22 minutes a night with a defensively inept Justin Schultz as his most common partner and put up positive advanced stats on a team that managed 24 wins. Last year his most common partner by a landslide was sophomore Matt Benning. Dunn played 17 minutes a night with a very good partner (half the time with Pie/Parayko) on a comparatively stacked team.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Parayko is better than Nurse. Not by a ton but he's better. Nurse has one good season in the NHL. Parayko has three. I love Nurse and where he is headed but every GM takes Parayko ahead of him.

And Thomas probably goes higher than 10th in this year's draft. I wouldn't trade Thomas for the 10th pick. No promise we will get a prospect as good as Thomas has turned into. Plus he's NHL ready and on our team this coming season.

lets put homer bias aside

ESPN top 250 ranking for the 2018-19 season have Nurse at 139.
Parayko is 223

it would take more than Parayko to land Nurse - not the other way around.

Early fantasy hockey rankings for 2018-19

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Parayko>>nurse
Thomas>10pick (as of rightnow)
Drais = parayko

No one would ever call colt55 a throw in. But I will say if you think nurse or Larson is better than parayko then you need to take off the homer glasses

homer glasses?

Espn rankings:
Nurse 139
Parayko 223

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
lets put homer bias aside

ESPN top 250 ranking for the 2018-19 season have Nurse at 139.
Parayko is 223

it would take more than Parayko to land Nurse - not the other way around.

Early fantasy hockey rankings for 2018-19

Those are fantasy rankings not exactly rankings of who's better but more of who will score the most fantasy points. Both Parayko and Nurse have similar offensive ceiling (I'd still argue Parayko's is a bit higher) but I also think Parayko has the defensive edge.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Draisaitl isn't available.
I doubt Schwartz would fetch the 10th overall.
Maybe put your homer bias aside? The link you provided clearly shows that Schwartz is far superior to Draisaitl, so if he can't fetch the 10th overall than I'll have to revise my proposal based on this new valuation.

Draisaitl for 29th overall

Reactions: 67Blues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->