Speculation: Parayko to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Hall returns a second pairing defenseman.

Parayko would definitely value Drai.

If Parayko was on the block there would be a bidding war. The guy is great.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
The Oilers would have to move out 1 or 2 D men if they got Parayko. They currently have too much money tied up in their mediocre D core. STL wouldn't do this but I think the Oilers would have to send back a left shot D man like Klefbom or Nurse in a deal for Parayko.

Sekera (5.5) - Parayko (5.5)
Klefbom (4.167)/Nurse (projected 4-4.5 but probs 5+ because Chiarelli) - Larsson (4.167)
Russell (4) - Benning (1.9)

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I think any credibility a poster might have here gets instantly flushed away the second he says “fake news”.

Anyway, back on planet Earth, we all remember when Stauffer said on the radio “Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson” the day before it actually happened.

So this could be nothing, it could be something. That said, I certainly don’t think the Oilers would entertain giving up Draisaitl for Parayko.

And Eklund called the Richards/Carter trades. Getting a scoop once doesn't magically make your speculation fact.

Reactions: stl76

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Bob is absolutely plugged into Edmonton management and has a history that demonstrates that.

That tweet pretty clearly reads like personal speculation though. Parayko is a nice player and an obvious fit in the Oilers lineup.

Anyway we're not trading Draisaitl for him so in the interest of everyone involved we can just shut this thread down now.

Reactions: 780il

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
And Eklund called the Richards/Carter trades. Getting a scoop once doesn't magically make your speculation fact.

I’m not sure what you’re missing here - in fact I explicitly said it could be nothing. Nowhere did anyone state it as fact. Where did you see that?

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
tenor.gif

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The Oilers would have to move out 1 or 2 D men if they got Parayko. They currently have too much money tied up in their mediocre D core. STL wouldn't do this but I think the Oilers would have to send back a left shot D man like Klefbom or Nurse in a deal for Parayko.

Sekera (5.5) - Parayko (5.5)
Klefbom (4.167)/Nurse (projected 4-4.5 but probs 5+ because Chiarelli) - Larsson (4.167)
Russell (4) - Benning (1.9)
I seriously do not understand you. Parayko is an RHD. If we trade him it leaves a massive hole on the right side. We already have Edmundson, Dunn, Bouwmeester (inj), Gunnarsson (inj) on the left side. We also have prospects Mikkola and Walman ready to step in soon. We do not need LHD's. If the Oilers send back a D it would have to be a RD like Larsson, (preferable), or Sekera.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I seriously do not understand you. Parayko is an RHD. If we trade him it leaves a massive hole on the right side. We already have Edmundson, Dunn, Bouwmeester (inj), Gunnarsson (inj) on the left side. We also have prospects Mikkola and Walman ready to step in soon. We do not need LHD's. If the Oilers send back a D it would have to be a RD like Larsson, (preferable), or Sekera.
Sekera is a lefty.

Reactions: McJesusSaves97

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I'm NOT plugged into Edmonton's front office, or frankly any front office, but I can confidently express:

You know who be the perfect "right shot D" for the <insert team name here>? Colton Parayko.
Buried behind Alex Pietrangelo in St.Louis. (So anyone NOT playing on the 1st line is "buried"...okay)
Hasn't reached offensive ceiling yet. (If a 3rd year player has hit his ceiling, you probably don't want him)
Terrific person. (I know a lot of terrific people who suck at hockey, so...)
Fair contract. (Yep, good for Army for doing that for his team)
Understands <new local market> market. (Because new towns are so difficult to learn? Get a phone with GPS and Yelp)
Acquisition cost would be pricey though. (Duh)

Reactions: Flyerfan52

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
I'm NOT plugged into Edmonton's front office, or frankly any front office, but I can confidently express:

You know who be the perfect "right shot D" for the <insert team name here>? Colton Parayko.
Buried behind Alex Pietrangelo in St.Louis. (So anyone NOT playing on the 1st line is "buried"...okay)
Hasn't reached offensive ceiling yet. (If a 3rd year player has hit his ceiling, you probably don't want him)
Terrific person. (I know a lot of terrific people who suck at hockey, so...)
Fair contract. (Yep, good for Army for doing that for his team)
Understands <new local market> market. (Because new towns are so difficult to learn? Get a phone with GPS and Yelp)
Acquisition cost would be pricey though. (Duh)

HUH?
Parayko is a local boy who spends the summers here, tight with local media and charities.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Just thinking out loud, but wondering if Ottawa's recent obsession with three-way trades could make sense in a post July 1 deal that looks something like...

:blues
Erik Karlsson (re-signed)

:edmonton
Colton Parayko

:sens
Oscar Klefbom

Quite obviously there'd be more to the deal coming from both Edmonton and St Louis, but the idea behind it is the Oilers and Blues upgrading on D and the Sens acquiring more affordable value assets.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I can distinctly remember Bob Stauffer declaring on his radio show that there was no chance the Oilers were ever going to trade Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Justin Schultz, or Nail Yakupov.

Well, he was right on one of them (for now)

Now, say there is some truth to it, I cant see the Blues biting for anything short of Draisatl.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Just thinking out loud, but wondering if Ottawa's recent obsession with three-way trades could make sense in a post July 1 deal that looks something like...

:blues
Erik Karlsson (re-signed)

:edmonton
Colton Parayko

:sens
Oscar Klefbom

Quite obviously there'd be more to the deal coming from both Edmonton and St Louis, but the idea behind it is the Oilers and Blues upgrading on D and the Sens acquiring more affordable value assets.
I mean if this is the deal, why wouldn't we just cut Edmonton out. Ottawa would still get affordable assets, but they'd be much better assets.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Please help me understand what he was trying to say.
That understanding a market means nothing. Parayko isn't a free agent, so even if he preferred to be there, it doesn't factor into a trade at all.

Even as a free agent, it is very easy to learn and get used to a new city, so it still doesn't mean much.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I mean if this is the deal, why wouldn't we just cut Edmonton out. Ottawa would still get affordable assets, but they'd be much better assets.
Because Klefbom is signed to a cheaper contract on a longer term. I'm also assuming they're taking Noah Dobson at 4. Also, there's the assumption they'll get assets from both parties here considering a re-signed Karlsson holds a lot of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad