Speculation: Parayko to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm sure they'd prefer Parayko over Klefbom, just like anyone else.
Perhaps.

Or maybe they'd prefer a quantitative return considering they're rumored to be a cap floor team. There's probably a reason why they took back Boedker in that Hoffman deal today. It might have something to do with filling out their roster.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
This would be fun for everyone except oiler fans if the following happened.
Draisatl for Parayko 1 for 1
universally panned but not as badly as the hall larsson trade
18/19 Season - Edmonton stabilizes...makes playoffs comes within a game of the conference finals
18/19 season - Draisatl struggles
Summer of 19 - Revisionist history and Oilers fans rejoice the trade and hail Chia as a long term savior
19/20 season - Oilers collapse the following season
19/20 season - Draisatl nominated for Hart

The terrible thing is I can actually see it happening when Chia suffers from a bout of deja vu

Reactions: 780il

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Perhaps.

Or maybe they'd prefer a quantitative return considering they're rumored to be a cap floor team. There's probably a reason why they took back Boedker in that Hoffman deal today. It might have something to do with filling out their roster.
They trade for someone that is overpaid, but then try to save a little on someone who is inferior? If they wanted as little money as possible, they wouldn't have gone for Boedker.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Not going to be popular amongst Blues fans but I'd send back Thomas if we are talking Draisaitl with Oilers adding a D-man.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
I can distinctly remember Bob Stauffer declaring on his radio show that there was no chance the Oilers were ever going to trade Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Justin Schultz, or Nail Yakupov.

Well, he was right on one of them (for now)

Now, say there is some truth to it, I cant see the Blues biting for anything short of Draisatl.
Nurse, 10OA & Puljujarvi might work rather than Draisaitl.
I believe there is still hope by some that the Blues can sign Tavares.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
It would be Draisaitl and it would be pretty damn close to one for one.

Parayko would be a brilliant fit for the Oil but I just don't know how they could deal with the loss of Draisaitl, especially if RNH is McDavid's LW longterm.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I don't see how this is speculation.

If I go out and tweet

"You know who's the "perfect top line center" for St. Louis?
Leon Draisaitl.
Buried behind McDavid.
Hasn't peaked yet.
Terrific person.
Locked up long term.
Understands St. Louis is a much easier market than Edmonton.
Acquisition cost would be pricey."

How is that any different?

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Nurse, 10OA & Puljujarvi might work rather than Draisaitl.
I believe there is still hope by some that the Blues can sign Tavares.

To Much from Oilers

I would Go if a D Had to be included which i think klef will be back to his old self

Klefbom + 10 OA + 2019 1st RD PK

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
What's the protection on that 2019 pick?
Klefborn is a big step down from Parayko.

No protection needed as i believe it would be a late first rounder.

Klefbom was a tire sale last year yes but the year before he was awesome. He isnt as big a step down from Paraykoas one would think. Biggest difference is size and with that of course comes the physical aspect of the game

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I seriously do not understand you. Parayko is an RHD. If we trade him it leaves a massive hole on the right side. We already have Edmundson, Dunn, Bouwmeester (inj), Gunnarsson (inj) on the left side. We also have prospects Mikkola and Walman ready to step in soon. We do not need LHD's. If the Oilers send back a D it would have to be a RD like Larsson, (preferable), or Sekera.
Well maybe if you read the part where I said "STL wouldn't do this but" you'd maybe have a better understanding. Any proposal where the Oilers take on another big ticket D without sending out another contract on D wont work.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
Oilers insider Bob Stauffer brought this up earlier today, usually when he starts naming specific players it's really a heavy hint there are actual talks taking place.

I like how he says he's "buried" behind Alex Pietrangelo because no one associated with the Oilers knows you're allowed to have more than one good defenseman. Of course in fairness Edmonton currently doesn't even have one.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If Drai is being traded for Parayko then the blues better be adding Thomas.
Thomas is not available. Neither is parayko unless it's 1 for 1 drais. Your glutny of bad xmen is not s blues problem. Throwing draft picks and undeveloped players at us or requesting our best prospect is a solid no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad