News Article: Paraphrased, If we do well Quote: "it’d be unreal to stay.”

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

It’s wild to think that nearly four years have passed since Nylander signed his six-year contract on the last possible day back in Dec. 2018.

He’s entering year five of that deal this season and like Auston Matthews, can extend his contract with the Leafs next July.

“I mean, I haven’t really thought about it,” Nylander told The Athletic. “But the only thing I can think of is, if we have a great year here and we go deep and hopefully do what we want to do then obviously it’d be unreal to stay.”

Interesting wording he used here..

Reactions: Slapshot_11

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Matthews is major priority, over Nylander when it comes to an extension next Summer. See how talks go early next off-season and if the number is too high you move him for fair value, if you can't get fair value you let it play out.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
The one this that I get a feeling about Nylander that bothers me is, you just KNOW there's more in there... There is 100% another level that you feel he is holding back most nights.

It he gets traded then we'll see it.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
You might as ask Willy what he thinks of the geopolitical climate. The answer would be just as illuminating. He isn't exactly the soundbite kind of guy. He in more the kind of player that would be on Letterkenny. Puck head...not a deep thinker.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Maybe Willie should try a little harder and possibly not hold the team up by sitting out, for money he didn't deserve yet

jus sayin

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
You guys are reading this all wrong.

He clearly says the chances of Toronto winning is unreal, as in not real at all.

Therefore he would like to stay to prove winning is neither real or unreal. Rather, it is all interconnected and interchangeable and that his hair seems to respond well to Toronto water.

You’re welcome.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
This thread should be able to weed out who is a pessimist and who is an optimist, this can be interpreted two ways (although only the positive makes sense to me).

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It's funny that multiple neutral fans on the mains call out the OP for a misleading title.

Dude you made a thread hyping up Samsonov after 2 periods of preseason and now this. Stop making threads, they're terrible.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad