OT: Parabola Memorial B.C. Lions 2023 Thread

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Great game. Evans was fantastic. How many yards was the final FG?

And I'm fairly certain one of the Lions will be fined for telling a TSN cameraman to "Get the camera the f*** out of my face you bitch-ass n*****." That was extremely unprofessional.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
That was painful to watch. This team should not be this undisciplined so late in the season. Offensive line needs to know where to cover and who has who. It was a clusterf*** and added to a lot of penalties and coverage.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Leos pull out the win in a place where they haven't won a lot over the years.....but you have to worry about this vanilla B.C. defense. So dominant at the start of the year, unfortunately looks to be wearing down late in the year.

They're going to have to be a lot tougher to play against if they intend to go far in the playoffs.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
It's too bad this league isn't more successful.

Wouldn't it be great if they could pay starting QBs the equivalent of a 3rd stringer in the NFL? Players like Rourke might very well come back after giving a shot at the NFL.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Feel a bit sorry for the Leos fans who trekked to B.C. Place to witness this dud of a game. Lions just seemed to lack any energy and passion on the night, as if they knew they were already locked into second place and the result didn't matter.

But in all probability this is a preview of the semi-final game at B.C. Place. And it's hard to see a scenario where this Lions team wins that one; and then goes into Winnipeg to knock off the Bombers in the following week.

Their defense is allowing far too many big plays and VA is up and down like yo-yo. If he plays the way he did tonight in the playoffs--the Lions are done.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Feel a bit sorry for the Leos fans who trekked to B.C. Place to witness this dud of a game. Lions just seemed to lack any energy and passion on the night, as if they knew they were already locked into second place and the result didn't matter.

But in all probability this is a preview of the semi-final game at B.C. Place. And it's hard to see a scenario where this Lions team wins that one; and then goes into Winnipeg to knock off the Bombers in the following week.

Their defense is allowing far too many big plays and VA is up and down like yo-yo. If he plays the way he did tonight in the playoffs--the Lions are done.
My thoughts exactly.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

It was awful. Probably the worst football game I've ever attended.

And this team is going nowhere when it can't run the ball and can't stop the run.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
It was awful. Probably the worst football game I've ever attended.

If it’s any consolation, I paid playoff money, drove to Montreal, and sat in wet, sub-zero weather on a cold, backless aluminum bench with a 1-year-old to watch this monstrosity in person:

We left early in the 3rd quarter.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
If it’s any consolation, I paid playoff money, drove to Montreal, and sat in wet, sub-zero weather on a cold, backless aluminum bench with a 1-year-old to watch this monstrosity in person:

We left early in the 3rd quarter.
Yeah, well, I saw the Lancaster/Reed 'Riders beat the Lions 53 to 6 (two Ted Gerela field goals) in the pouring rain at Empire, seven times. At least, it felt that way.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: ziploc and Jyrki21

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
Great collective game by the gang! A little nervous to see Adams next week considering his tradition of “game on, game off”.

Big game next weekend in The Peg

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The West played out almost exactly the same as last year.......Stamps had no answer for the Lions offense who seemed to move the ball almost at will.

So it's on to the 'Peg, where the Leo will be serious underdogs once again. Defensively they have to be a lot better to stand a chance in this Western Final. And ball-control on offense to keep the lethal Bombers offense off the field will certainly help as well.

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
Anybody else thinking of going to the Western Final this weekend? Didn’t think I could make it work but I’m doing a same day drive from Regina to Winnipeg and back. Just got a great deal on a ticket on Stubhub too!

Reactions: Frostage

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Anybody else thinking of going to the Western Final this weekend? Didn’t think I could make it work but I’m doing a same day drive from Regina to Winnipeg and back. Just got a great deal on a ticket on Stubhub too!
giphy.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The weather report for the 'Peg is calling for a mix of sun and cloud, with highs of 4 and a low of -2. That's pretty respectable for this time of year.

So depending on the wind, the weather won't be a factor in he Western Final. Lions are serious underdogs on the betting line, but they did go into Winterpeg and beat the Bombers rather soundly early in the season, so who knows?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00