Post-Game Talk: Panthers with a Hubie Doobie doo finish, a character filled 4-3 OT win in Carolina

How's the game go in Carolina?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Especially a team like the Panthers, with a bunch of fans in Finland and great potential in Sweden (to recover the glory days of Johan Garpenlöv and Marcus Nilson, who coincidentally also were both spawned by Djurgården just like Wennberg and Hörnqvist). It seems all the European games (weekend afternoons) are in the Eastern division. What a waste.

Don't forget Per Gustafsson :sarcasm:

Reactions: Crossbar and Pigge

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Saw a tweet from the Canes side saying this is one of the makeup games after the earlier postponement. It’s at 5 to fit it into the existing tv schedule (didn’t specify either Carolina or FL’s tv schedule).
Early start time is actually because of NBCSN having exclusive US rights to Wednesday night
Michael Smith
@MSmithCanes

The #Canes had zero Wednesday games on their original 2020-21 schedule. Now they play on Wednesday in back-to-back weeks, and both games are at .. Why? NBCSN has an exclusive US broadcast window on Wednesdays, so the early faceoff allows the game to be shown regionally.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
If you’re promising no more awful dives, then maybe I might enjoy watching this team play more. I do really enjoy Tro.

The memories are burned deep into my soul.It’s not like the Panthers are filled with wonderful winning seasons lately, so that makes those memories even more hurtful.

I honestly can’t think of a player on the team that plays that type of game where they’re trying induce weak calls. I imagine with Rod behind the bench if you pulled a move like that you wouldn’t be seeing much ice time for the rest of the game or even worse he’d make you arm wrestle him.

Aho draws a good amount of penalties and because he’s smaller and tries shifty moves sometimes he goes flying but he’s usually right back up fighting to get the puck. Canes are now more of a cycle/passing oriented team these days vs when EStaal, Skinner, Semin, etc were on the team and just tried to skate around the whole time. The only player that is kind of in that mold is Necas but he’s kind of a horse so doesn’t fall down much.

Reactions: Stubu

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Interesting no: I assumed because there like fifty vowels in his name. What a country Finland: producing two stars with mixed heritages that will center Florida to the Stanley Cup!
There hasn't been that many Finnish Swedes in the NHL, but it's been more prevalent in other sports. Our national soccer team had quite many Finnish Swedes in the early 2000s.

So the Finnish men are getting back at Sweden (from all that war time) by luring their women away?
Gotta say, that's a solid plan.
It was more like Sweden and Russia playing hot potato on who gets to control us.

I'd also say it's far more likely that Finnish people (regardless of gender) move to Sweden than the other way around, since we have their language compulsory to learn at school and a large part of Swedes are blown away that there's Finnish people that actually speak Swedish as their mother tongue.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
There hasn't been that many Finnish Swedes in the NHL, but it's been more prevalent in other sports. Our national soccer team had quite many Finnish Swedes in the early 2000s.

It was more like Sweden and Russia playing hot potato on who gets to control us.

I'd also say it's far more likely that Finnish people (regardless of gender) move to Sweden than the other way around, since we have their language compulsory to learn at school and a large part of Swedes are blown away that there's Finnish people that actually speak Swedish as their mother tongue.
It’s the FinnRusky that’s truly the chosen one ;) it’s awesome

Reactions: KW

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It’s the FinnRusky that’s truly the chosen one ;) it’s awesome
I hope one day Barkov gives an interview, or someone writes an article about it. People take his decion (to play for Finland instead of Russia) far too granted, and I don't think Finnish hockey was back then in the late 2000s/early 2010s in a position to make an indisputable case to sway him from choosing to play for Russia. Obviously now we've come a long way, a new generation of offensive players, and players in general who think the game differently have come forward, but back then we were a defence first team that relied on using the trap to defeat the top nations. In a way it's still like that, our blueprint starts from defence first, but it's not the kind of turtle hockey for 55 minutes that we used to do in the past.

It also speaks a lot about Barkov as a person, he wasn't blinded by the big lights and the seemingly easy path to success. He chose the process, and that process has paid off for the past decade. We've moved from a perennial top5 team, to a team that every nation genuinely fears to play against.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Playing a drinking game tonight. Every time goldie says something like "man oh man, how many times in years past haven't we seen _____ from the Panthers"

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

That's pretty impressive, so you're fluent or somewhat decent at Swedish then?
Wouldn't know the Finnish history but the Swedes seem nicer than the Russians :laugh:

Stopped taking my French classes in 10th grade mon ami.
You been watching all the game this year, how we look so far in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad